995 users online (206 members and 789 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

NC - Gabrielle Grace "Gabby" Ryman, 15, Southport, 11 Oct 2016

SOUTHPORT, NC (WWAY) Southport Police are looking for a 15-year-old teen who has cut off her GPS ankle bracelet.
    http://www.wwaytv3.com/2016/10/13/so...-missing-teen/

She went missing past July: http://www.wwaytv3.com/2016/07/06/police-looking-for-missing-brunswick-co-teen/
    Her FB : http:https://m.facebook.com/gabrielle.sena.14
    Sighting reported on Oak Island.

Ok. Here goes. I've been very hesitant to post on this because my daughter and Gabby are best friends. I've been a member here for a long time but rarely post. I kinda wanted to avoid this because I don't want my child sleuthed. Both girls have been in trouble a lot and mine just got home from a "girls academy" (instead of juvenile detention). She did a 5 month stint and is doing very well now. I've had to report her missing in the past, just to force LE to "find" her so that I don't get in trouble for "allowing" her misbehavior.
    Again, my daughter is doing well and now both girls are banned by the courts to have no contact.
    So, I decided to post because as a mother, my child being out there with no clue to where she's at is my biggest fear. I know Gabbys mom and I know that she's in pain right now too.
    The girls think when they take off they are safe and they are "badasses". They don't understand that the (traffickers, rapists and felons) bad people in this world look for kids like this. Gabby is out there somewhere thinking that because she cut her ankle monitor off that she is missing of her on volition. I'm afraid that these **** guys and girls (whom I think are hiding her) will harm her. I've heard teenage chatter that she's out of state. So please share this in surrounding states.
    Gabby has ties to PA as well so who knows where she can be by now.
    It's been too many days and I'm staring to worry.
    Because she cut her ankle monitor off, there is no town outcry, no seached and no posters around town. If and when gabby is found she WILL go to detention, but at least she will be safe.

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

6 days. Still no one seems to be "actively" looking. Still no posters, no searches and if you aren't online in this town, you wouldn't know She was gone. We had a young boy, 18 go missing a few years back and there were dogs and even armed men searching. They searched on ground and in the water (we are a coastal community). I feel like because she cut her monitor, the authorities aren't looking as hard. It makes me sad.
    The young man, Adam, washed up on a neighboring island after a few weeks.
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...0&share_type=t
    NC - Adam Muhammad, 22, Southport, 14 Feb 2014
    Last edited by angelbaker; 10-17-2016 at 10:42 PM. Reason: To include link

Quote Originally Posted by angelbaker View Post
    Ok. Here goes. I've been very hesitant to post on this because my daughter and Gabby are best friends. I've been a member here for a long time but rarely post. I kinda wanted to avoid this because I don't want my child sleuthed. Both girls have been in trouble a lot and mine just got home from a "girls academy" (instead of juvenile detention). She did a 5 month stint and is doing very well now. I've had to report her missing in the past, just to force LE to "find" her so that I don't get in trouble for "allowing" her misbehavior.
    Again, my daughter is doing well and now both girls are banned by the courts to have no contact.
    So, I decided to post because as a mother, my child being out there with no clue to where she's at is my biggest fear. I know Gabbys mom and I know that she's in pain right now too.
    The girls think when they take off they are safe and they are "badasses". They don't understand that the (traffickers, rapists and felons) bad people in this world look for kids like this. Gabby is out there somewhere thinking that because she cut her ankle monitor off that she is missing of her on volition. I'm afraid that these **** guys and girls (whom I think are hiding her) will harm her. I've heard teenage chatter that she's out of state. So please share this in surrounding states.
    Gabby has ties to PA as well so who knows where she can be by now.
    It's been too many days and I'm staring to worry.
    Because she cut her ankle monitor off, there is no town outcry, no seached and no posters around town. If and when gabby is found she WILL go to detention, but at least she will be safe.

I'm so sorry for both your family and Gabby's. My cousin ran away many times starting in her early teens and into her twenties. It was very hard on everyone. And, you are 100% right- they have no idea what is out there. They may leave on purpose, but that does not mean they are asking for what they get once they are on the streets. Prayers for your daughter's continued healing... And for Gabby's safety tonight.
    A run-away may leave on purpose, but that doesn't mean that they are able to get back home.... Never stop searching.

This is now a Silver Alert:

Ryman is believed to be suffering from dementia or some other form of cognitive impairment.

A Silver Alert was issued for the teen Tuesday morning.
    http://wncn.com/2016/10/17/police-se...issing-a-week/

Angelbaker, so sorry to hear that your daughter's friend, Gabby, is missing. I'm so thankful your daughter wasn't with her this time. I pray that Gabby is safe and will let someone know she's ok. 15 is so young! P.S. my family has spent many enjoyable summers in Southport and on Oak Island--for years we came during the week of the 4th for the state 4th of July festival

My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

She's home. Called her mom and had her pick her up about 2 hours away (local rumor re how she got home). But she has been located and is safe afaik.

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk

She's home. Called her mom and had her pick her up about 2 hours away (local rumor re how she got home). But she has been located and is safe afaik.

That's great!!!

I see that the Silver Alert was lifted, but can't find any mention that she's been found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Her poster is still active

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1279347/1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk