1141 users online (251 members and 890 guests)  



Websleuths News


Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    770

    Badly burned body found in Tintwistle lay-by - Yang Liu

    A badly burned body has been found in a lay-by near the Peak District.
    The remains were found by a member of the public shortly after midday on Monday just off the A628 at Tintwistle, near Glossop.
    Officers said the corpse was too badly burned for the gender to be confirmed. A post-mortem examination has not yet taken place.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-derbyshire-37620067

    Police today said the victim’s head and limbs had been hacked off in a suspected gangland hit.
    The badly burned body is yet to be identified.
    But the killer may have given themselves away after remnants of a suitcase officers believe was used to transport the murder victim was found at the crime scene.
    Now police, who described the crime as “deeply shocking”, have appealed for anyone who may not have seen a friend or family member in recent days to come forward and help solve the killing.
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/uknews...head-or-limbs/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    770
    Headless body with no limbs was found stuffed into a badly burned suitcase and thrown in a lay-by
    Badly-burnt body of a man found in lay-by near Peak District on Monday
    The victim's body was stuffed into a suitcase and had no head or limbs
    It was dumped just off the A628 between 9pm and midnight on Sunday
    Witness saw a fire on Sunday and body was found the following day
    ... a post-mortem has now revealed the body belonged to a white man who is thought to be under the age of 50.

    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4N1LyCOog

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    765
    Wow that is scary.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    4,734
    I wonder why the police have already stated it's possibly gang related, they must be pretty sure as I don't imagine rural Derbyshire has too much of that going on....

    UK CASES INDEX, PLEASE ADD ANY NEW CASES HERE:
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...cussion*/page7

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by CoverMeCagney View Post
    I wonder why the police have already stated it's possibly gang related, they must be pretty sure as I don't imagine rural Derbyshire has too much of that going on....
    Given Glossop's proximity to Manchester, I'd say gang-related seems a pretty reasonable guess.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    4,734
    Quote Originally Posted by MelmothTheLost View Post
    Given Glossop's proximity to Manchester, I'd say gang-related seems a pretty reasonable guess.
    Gotta be more than that though, surely, most villages are near-ish some big city or other. I guess Manchester (or Gunchester as it is/was fondly known as in Yorkshire) is more of a gangland city than most of the others though.
    Last edited by CoverMeCagney; 10-14-2016 at 07:21 AM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    629
    Wow, how awful will keep an eye on missing people reports in the next few days.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by CoverMeCagney View Post
    Gotta be more than that though, surely, most villages are near-ish some big city or other. I guess Manchester (or Gunchester as it is/was fondly known as in Yorkshire) is more of a gangland city than most of the others though.
    But Manchester is surrounded on three sides by other towns. The A628 is the main road leading out of Manchester into sparsely populated areas. Tintwistle is right on the edge of the Peak District National Park on the road over the Black Peak to Barnsley.

    From the original post it seems the body was found in a layby just off the A628 at around midday on Monday, which suggests it might have been dumped sometime overnight on Sunday into Monday. I wonder how far off the road it was, and whether it was burned in situ or dumped already burned.

    This might be the spot, though it does look like the sort of place lorries park up overnight and drivers sleep:

    https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.47...8i6656!6m1!1e1

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    4,734
    Quote Originally Posted by MelmothTheLost View Post
    But Manchester is surrounded on three sides by other towns. The A628 is the main road leading out of Manchester into sparsely populated areas. Tintwistle is right on the edge of the Peak District National Park on the road over the Black Peak to Barnsley.

    From the original post it seems the body was found in a layby just off the A628 at around midday on Monday, which suggests it might have been dumped sometime overnight on Sunday into Monday. I wonder how far off the road it was, and whether it was burned in situ or dumped already burned.

    This might be the spot, though it does look like the sort of place lorries park up overnight and drivers sleep:

    https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.47...8i6656!6m1!1e1
    True. It's not that far from Dovestones man, the curse of Saddleworth strikes again!

    UK CASES INDEX, PLEASE ADD ANY NEW CASES HERE:
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...cussion*/page7

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    770
    Police confirm remains are not missing RAF man Corrie McKeague
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-37658753


  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    7,232
    Campbell Banner, 58 - went missing from Tintwistle on January 1 - FWIW.

    http://www.buxtonadvertiser.co.uk/ne...-man-1-7654841

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    756
    It's not him - he was found safe a few days after being reported missing: http://www.buxtonadvertiser.co.uk/ne...ound-1-7658482

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    7,232
    Police urge people to check for missing relatives after decapitated body found
    October 15, 2016

    http://www.itv.com/news/central/2016...ed-body-found/

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Stringa
    Posts
    706
    A man has appeared before magistrates charged with murder following the discovery of a dismembered and burnt man in a suitcase in a lay-by.

    The remains, missing the head and arms, were discovered just off the A628 at Tintwistle, Derbyshire, on 10 October.

    Ming Jiang, 42, from Manchester, spoke only to confirm his date of birth and address at Chesterfield Justice Centre on Monday morning.

    The alleged victim has been named as Yang Liu, 36, of Salford Quays.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-37748728



Similar Threads

  1. MS MS - Jackson, Burned body found in trunk of car, Jul'16
    By OkieGranny in forum The Unidentified
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-17-2016, 01:56 PM
  2. Identified! NH - Kingston, body found in burned car, Oct'10 - Virginia Fairburn
    By IWannaKnow in forum Identified!
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-27-2010, 08:46 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-02-2006, 03:36 PM