Oregon hospital ER quarantined after people start hallucinating.

Tulessa

Reaction score
KVAL-TV News reported Wednesday that authorities have not yet pinpointed what caused the mysterious episodes, but they believe it was something spread by direct contact.

The bizarre incident began around 3 a.m. Wednesday when the elderly woman's caregiver, a 52-year-old woman, called authorities to say people were vandalizing her car.

A deputy responded to the home, on East Bay Road in North Bend, but found nothing. The caregiver called back at 5:30 a.m. and was then taken to Bay Area Hospital after deputies suspected the woman might be having a medical issues causing hallucinations.

http://ktvl.com/news/nation-world/o...ned-after-multiple-people-start-hallucinating

The Bizarre Outbreak of Hallucinations in Oregon

Is it possible that those involved thought they may have come into contact with the patches and were acting on suggestion? As unlikely as that sounds, there are precedents in history. On September 23, 1998, three students at a California Middle School were rushed to the hospital after ingesting the powerful hallucinogenic drug LSD (Lysergic acid diethylamide). It so happened that eleven other students from the same school who had sampled a white powder from a vial on the same day, believed that they too had ingested LSD, even though it was a harmless substance. Convinced that they had taken LSD, the students exhibited symptoms ranging from violence to hallucinations. They were taken to the hospital where the tests were negative and they were soon released.

If I were to bet $100 on a diagnosis, I would place $45 on mass suggestion, $5 on an as yet unidentified toxic agent, $0 on a socially shared psychotic delusion, and I would pocket the other $50, as we have to wait for more details emerge on the timeline of events.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back