1069 users online (235 members and 834 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

TX - Private Dakota Stump, 19, Fort Hood, 10 October 2016

Fort Hood soldier missing, family, law enforcement asking for help

Fort Hood's 1st Cavalry Division released a statement Thursday regarding the disappearance of a soldier who had not been seen since Monday.

Pvt Dakota Stump, 19, was last seen driving a 2006 black Ford Mustang with red interior. *He is in the 1st Cav*Apache Troop, 4th Squadron, 9th Cav Regiment, 2nd Armored Brigade Combat Team.
    http://www.kcentv.com/mb/news/local/...help/335850866

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

That ... is not a happy looking person.
    “Evil begins when you begin to treat people as things.” -- Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by ArianeEmory View Post
    Maybe he was trying to look tough? He has that same look in many of the photos posted on his personal page, but he's smiling in photos on his girlfriend's page.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ArianeEmory View Post
    I thought maybe he's just trying to look tough in the picture so I searched for his Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008802336618

edit: His tattoo isn't unusual. I should have looked around first.
    Last edited by bluesneakers; 10-14-2016 at 12:20 AM.

Missing from Fort Hood but he went to high school in Indiana....west of Indianapolis. I haven't seen anything on the news here about him but maybe since he went missing TX, they don't think it's relevant.

Fort Hood soldier missing, family, law enforcement asking for help

Stump's brother, Dustin, said his brother had been drinking a lot and that when he drinks he gets angry and can get in fights.

He said, Dakota told him the army wasn't what he expected and that he thought he would see more action.

I have a feeling he just needed to get away and will show up again soon, I really hope so at least...

Quote Originally Posted by Minasmom View Post
    Missing from Fort Hood but he went to high school in Indiana....west of Indianapolis. I haven't seen anything on the news here about him but maybe since he went missing TX, they don't think it's relevant.
    I would like more information in general, the basics: Where was he last seen (other than "was last seen driving a 2006 black Ford Mustang with red interior")? Who was he last with prior to going missing? Did he leave his phone, wallet, etc.? Depending upon the answers to these types of questions, Indy may be relevant. With his brother stating that Dakota had been drinking a lot, however, I am wondering about the possibility that maybe Dakota had been drinking before driving away and got into an accident. If the truck went off the road, it would be particularly hard to find. In the same scenario, he could have gotten scared (DUI plus underage-drinking), ran away from the accident site, possibly with some sort of injury, which would place him in a precarious situation, too. Hoping that Dakota is found very soon. In the meantime, waiting for more information to be released.

I've heard this several times from young males in my family who thought by joining the ARMy, they were entering what television portrays soldiers' lives are like in action. All except one has settled in and embraced the reality. The description that Dakota gave of his brother reminds me of the one in our family who just wanted to go fight bad guys. 19 is still young, and some that age aren't mature enough to handle being enlisted, IMO. I do hope he is found safe. The 'real world' is seldom what a young adult thinks it will be like.

He left all of his possessions and cash.
    http://fox59.com/2016/10/14/authorit...-indianapolis/

The 1st Calvary Division confirms he was in AWOL status and is being searched for by his unit. They say every effort is being made to find him and "have no further insight as to whether or not he is in immediate danger."

The Army Times reports leadership has contacted Fort Hood police, hospitals and is in contact with Stump's family in addition to monitoring his barracks room.

They report his cellphone is ringing, but there is no answer.

Stump's family says he drives a black Ford Mustang with a red interior.
    http://www.21alive.com/nbc33/Army-se...397125341.html

Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    I wonder what type of cell phone he has and how long the battery might last without being connected to a charger.

Can they ping a phone if it is turned on but not in use?

Quote Originally Posted by stefaniejanine View Post
    I wonder what type of cell phone he has and how long the battery might last without being connected to a charger.

Can they ping a phone if it is turned on but not in use?

Yes, as long as the phone is on it can be pinged.

If he's on twice a month payday, today is payday. Hopefully someone can get access to his direct deposit account to see if there has been any activity.

The search continues for a missing Fort Hood soldier

Dakota's mother Patrice tells Channel 6 News over the phone that she last spoke to her son Sunday, the day before he went missing, and that everything was normal so she's not sure how or why he's disappeared but that she's hoping he comes home.

The mother claims despite rumors that her son is suicidal she says Dakota was always a happy person and that she has no reason to believe he would harm himself or anyone else.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast