1493 users online (297 members and 1196 guests)  

Websleuths News

AZ - 15-Year Old Run Away Kept as Sex Slave

I don't know if she's one of our "missing" threads.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/11/09/se....ap/index.html

PHOENIX, Arizona (AP) -- A couple held a runaway teen captive in a hollow bed frame for weeks and forced her to have sex for money with people they found on the Internet, police said.

The 15-year-old girl managed to call family members for help while 18-year-old Matthew Gray and 19-year-old Janelle Butler were sleeping Monday night, authorities said. The two were arrested Tuesday.

The girl ran away from her El Mirage home in September and met the couple through a friend about three hours after she disappeared, police Sgt. Andy Hill said. They took her to a park, bound her and had her gang raped for hours, police said.

More at link

thats so sick and depraved.that couple needs to go to jail for a very very long time

Pure evil, those two.

sick minds

I don't understand what makes a person think this is something you could do to another human being?!?! And it wasn't just one sick mind, but two!

I have to wonder exactly what is the diolog that transpires between people like this??

I mean so ok, your depraved.... how do you bring that up with someone else??
    DO they just gravitate to each other??
    How exactly do you open that converstion? Reminds me of the canada case.
    Whats her name?? She basically drugged her sister so her hubby could rape her (the sister died) Carla something?

And I am sooooo sick of hearing how the women who conspires is always a victim. The only happy side of this story is that at 18 and 19 they were caught.
    Could have been 49 and 50 and who knows what they could have done in that time frame??

Whether or not she actively participated in the rapes, I hope they charge the woman as a sex offender also. Even if she didn't participate in any of the rapes, she participated indirectly and she profited from it.
    I hope the other POS never gets out.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Quote Originally Posted by forthekids
    I don't understand what makes a person think this is something you could do to another human being?!?! And it wasn't just one sick mind, but two!
    A couple like Karla Homolka and her husband. I thought they were one of a kind as far as couples go. This is sickening.

What gets me is how young they were! I just never expected that kind of thing from 18 and 19 year olds.

Happiness...consists in giving, and in serving others.
    - Henry Drummond

They discussed this case in greater detail on Catherine Crier--phew! Talk about horrendous! These 2 won't be seeing the outside for a LONG, LONG time. It's scary that street pimps are now using the internet now to both locate and exploit underage girls.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradise
    What gets me is how young they were! I just never expected that kind of thing from 18 and 19 year olds.
    That surprised me, too. I was expecting it to be an older couple who were career criminals.

I am glad they got caught while they were young and this didn't go on for decades and with multiple victims before they were caught.