GUILTY KS - Three arrested in bomb plot against Somalis, Garden City, 14 Oct 2016

In Feb FBI started investigating.
They called themselves Crusaders.
Were targeting an apt complex with Muslim Somalians.
Defendants (3 of them) were arrested in the Liberal area)

3 Held in Bomb Plot Against Somalis in Kansas

Three militia members plotted to detonate a bomb at a housing complex in western Kansas where Somali immigrants lived and worshiped, federal investigators said Friday.

The men, who were arrested Friday morning on domestic terrorism charges, scouted out the apartments in Garden City, Kan., stockpiled guns and composed a manifesto about their anti-Muslim motives, prosecutors said.

Eric Jackson, the special agent in charge of the F.B.I’s Kansas City office, said that agents infiltrated the militia months ago, and that the men planned to wait until the presidential campaign was over before carrying out the plot.

He did not specify which candidate the militia members were supporting.
:thinking:

In the affidavit, the F.B.I. agent wrote, “They chose the target location based on their hatred of these groups, their perception that the people represent a threat to American society, a desire to inspire other militia groups, and a desire to ‘wake people up.’ ”

Much more at the link. I think it's probably all the same information available above but in one place.

.These scumbags. ARE in my old stomping ground. now! I think life in prison is too good for them! I lived in Liberal for 11 years..

Gavin Wright waived his detention hearing. Remains in federal custody. His atty stated they both believed he could be in danger if not in jail. DUH!

Salina Post reports that Patrick Stein is being held without bail because he is dangerous to other people.

Jurors find three men guilty on all charges for plotting to blow up an apartment complex housing Somalis in Garden City.

Curtis Allen, Patrick Stein and Gavin Wright were found guilty on charges of conspiracy to use a weapon of mass destruction and conspiracy to oppress or injure residents of Garden City apartment complex.

Wright was also found guilty of lying to the FBI.

Sentencing for all three men scheduled for June 27 at 1:00 p.m.

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Prosecutor-Informant-in-bomb-plot-saved-lives-480020603.html

Stein, Allen and Wright could face up to life in prison. Sentencing in the case originally was scheduled for June, but has been pushed back twice.

Sentencing has now been scheduled for Jan. 25.

No. 2: Bombing plot suspects convicted

Patrick Stein, the alleged ringleader, was sentenced to 30 years in prison and Curtis Allen, who drafted a manifesto for the group, to 25 years. Gavin Wright, who authorities said helped make and test explosives at his mobile home business, received 26 years.

Militia members get decades in prison in Kansas bomb plot

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megankd