NJ NJ - Muditha Hettiarachchi, 38, Newark, 13 Oct 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Police searching for missing Newark woman
mudith-hettiarachchi-7cc86a7ae9a65f84.jpg

Mudith Hettiarachchi was last seen on Thursday around 7 p.m. at her residence in the 600 block of North Fifth Street, police said in a statement.
http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2016/10/newark_police_searching_for_missing_woman.html

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

I wish there was more info.
I was working Thursday morning someplace on the corner of Bloomfield ave (the day she went missing- but I think it was at 7:00 she was last seen?).
Bloomfield ave. has a lot of traffic and a fair amount of pedestrian activity since it's a commercial avenue and a main road through to other towns. Hopefully someone spotted her or she was seen on security cameras near where she was last reported to have been.

edited to add: https://www.google.com/maps/place/B...6656!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x784b996895cd083c!6m1!1e1

street view of where she was last reported. As you can see it's an active intersection.

There are posters up for this missing woman at the PATH stations now. No more info on the posters other than what is already known. I didn't see the posters in Newark Penn station, but they were in the Journal Square PATH station. Right near that station is India Square which has a large East Asian and Middle Eastern population. There's lots of great Indian restaurants and grocery stores. I wonder if that means she's been known to travel there before? Maybe she's done shopping or socialized in Jersey City in the past.

Her family and/or community is doing a very good job getting her missing posters on retail corners, in bus stops, and transit centers throughout Newark and the surrounding area.

I wish there was more info available as to what places she frequented and what her interests outside the house were so that we could brainstorm some places she might have been last. Also, I'm seeing some articles that say she was last seen at 7:00 AM and some say 7:00 PM. It would be good to get clarification and find out whether she was dashing out to a bodega or going for a walk, etc.

I just saw some flyers at the stop I get off at (in Harrison). They must have just put them up this weekend. I'm sadden that she has not yet been found. Anyone know of any current updates?

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiefdartz