1349 users online (302 members and 1047 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Remember we need more information before we can begin to find the problem.

For each new re-direct please start a new thread. New thread for each re-direct.

We need your IP address too. No matter what you are using to surf the web go to www.google.com and type in "What is my IP" and your IP will come up. We need that info too.

Everyone, please read this thread on exactly what information we need to track down the problem.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...rect-!!!/page2

Quote Originally Posted by SuzDuJour View Post
    Just now - 6:38pm, got the same redirect with this URL: http://appsurveygo.com/surveynow.php...6&t=1477867075
    Sorry, I didn't get the screenshot, but it was the same as this one I had before:

Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

Hey Tricia,

Here is a screen shot. I have asked the person whose ISP that I'm using for permission to share, and they are adamant that I not share their ISP as they say that is not something anyone ever should do on the internet in a public forum, and said I should not share mine either as it happens on my feed also with my ISP.

I've had three issues in the last 15 minutes, twice audio ads playing when on the Harris Cooper thread..but just did this one screen shot on a third issue of a redirect.

With all the audio ads that are playing when I'm logged onto WS threads, I cannot livestream the trial I want while I am on Websleuths unless I shut off my audio, and even then, Ws try9ing to refresh for the ads... it takes up speed and memory away from my livestreaming while WS keeps trying to refresh so I cannot livestream the trial while on computer with WS also.

NOTE: I have deleted the screen shot as the screen shot had the ISP IN IT. I will try to repost the screen shot after I remove the ISP

958amrosswoisp.jpg

This has been happening to me for a couple of months whenever I go on WS on my iPhone. While on my iPad yesterday, I clicked on this thread and I ended up being one of the lucky ones to "win" a Walmart gift card.

I "won" on Sunday afternoon, perhaps fortunately my early iPad locked up. Clearing the history got rid of the re-direct and freed up my aging iPad, but now I'm logged out of a bunch of sites & have to remember the passwords....

I noticed that I can now easily go back to the previous ws page and not get frozen during the redirect.

Before I would get stuck and have to close the browser and then rego to WS.

But now I'm able to just hit the back button and it takes me right back to the WS page that I was on.
    You can fool some of the people some of the time; But guess what? The Bus Stops Here (Life No Parole/ Don't Pass Go: Don't Collect Your $200)

I've "won" on my Android tablet several times over the last few days. 20161031_233817.jpg

It's not good to give out your IP address because it can be used to find your physical location. Also, it changes often. I've had these redirects for awhile now but have had a couple different IP addresses on the same device in the meantime so what difference does you having our IP address make?

This is makes me sad because I don't want my devices ruined anymore but this is literally the only site I visit that does this & I don't feel safe giving out my IP address so I guess this means so long, websleuths
    *Missing Bambi Madden, 11 January 2006*
    *Binghamton, NY*

Turned off my web protector and still having redirects to a virus page. So irritating ....and am wanting to fix this.

Websleuths is a very safe site. Later this evening I will be posting and showing you how Websleuths is rated as a safe site and you can see for yourself.

Please remember we can't fix this problem without information provided by you.

Every time you have a re-direct we need you to start a brand new thread.

All the instructions are on this thread http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ing-Re-Directs

I respect the fact that you don't want to post your IP. You can send me the information personally and I will only give it to our tech person. Email triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

The reason we need your IP and the exact time is so we can look at our server logs and see what your account was doing when the redirect happened. That narrows things down considerably as to what is going on and where the redirect is coming from.

I assure I can't find out where you live, your address, by your IP address. The only way anyone can find out your address is to take your IP, see what company you use, and get a subpoena for your personal information from your Internet Provider.

That's not going to happen.

What your IP might reveal is your state and city. I say might because IP's many times do not even come close to where you live. It all depends on your Internet Provider and how they handle your account.

Please accept my sincere apologies for this problem. While there is a chance it may not be a Websleuths issue we are certainly treating it as such and will do everything we can to fix the problem. Again, we can't do it without your help.

Tricia

CLICK HERE

OR

image.jpg

I had been getting redirects for about a week. It only happens on Webslueths. When I would click on Forums or a particular thread I'd get a redirect. I too have one many prizes this week. Finally after dozens of redirects - I played along and filled out the required info "for my prize" all false of course and blindly answered the survey and that seemed to be the end of the redirects as of Sunday. I wouldn't necessarily recommend anyone doing this - I did because I wasn't concerned about a virus on my iPad.

If it happens again I'll follow Tricia's instructions and start a new thread. I happened to get a screen shot of my last redirect.

Our tech guy Dave gave me the information below. Since I do not speak high tech geek I can tell you, in short, it says Websleuths is a safe website.

Somebody says webroot gave a warning, lets see what webroot says about websleuthshttp://www.brightcloud.com/tools/url-ip-lookup.php you will have to enter websleuths.com in the first box and the Captcha code in the second.
    reputation index = 92 (higher is better)
    Infections (past 12 months) No

Real Time Intelligence Analysis
    No Threats Found
    Trustworthy

Lets check google, somebody said they got a warning on an apple, research shows the wording of the warning to have come from the safari browser. Safari uses Google safe sitehttps://www.google.com/transparencyr...websleuths.com
    Current status: Not dangerous
    Safe Browsing has not recently seen malicious content on websleuths.com.

I go to webmaster tools of Google, same thing.

CLICK HERE

OR

Let me clarify-

I do not believe that websleuths.com has been hacked. I do believe that the ads that are being served up contain malware. These ads are not directly hosted on web sleuths.com so they won't flag security issues or show evidence of hacked site code and websleuths will come up clean.

It's true that some people may have inadvertantly downloaded ad injection malware if they've downloaded shareware or games etc. but that's not what's happening to me. I don't download anything ever. This is happening when I try to browse websleuths via two entirely different Macs with two different operating systems and software installations and using three different browsers. Webseluths is *the only* site I visit where I have this issue. I research online quite a bit and work with site development (I am not a net security pro though!) so I spend a lot of time online but this is the only place I've had this problem. (to be fair, this is the only large web bulletin site I visit so I can't guarantee this wouldn't be happening on other sites as large as this with as many hosted ads).

My best guess given my background and interest in these things (again with the caveat that web security is not my thing or skill set but I do know something about it and have attended a few hacker conferences) I believe that the company or companies that web sleuths has contracted with for their ads are either themselves compromised or knowingly allowing malicious adware and malware to be served up. Clearing all cookies, disallowing pop-ups and most importantly *completely disallowing flash* and other plug-ins is the only thing that stops the issues, at least on a desktop browser. It's definitely looking like coming from the ads and not from malicious code in the web sleuths site files.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouBelle_LA View Post
    image.jpg

I had been getting redirects for about a week. It only happens on Webslueths. When I would click on Forums or a particular thread I'd get a redirect. I too have one many prizes this week. Finally after dozens of redirects - I played along and filled out the required info "for my prize" all false of course and blindly answered the survey and that seemed to be the end of the redirects as of Sunday. I wouldn't necessarily recommend anyone doing this - I did because I wasn't concerned about a virus on my iPad.

If it happens again I'll follow Tricia's instructions and start a new thread. I happened to get a screen shot of my last redirect.
    I get the same redirect.

While I had been getting the redirect only on Websleuths and only via Safari, I just got it on Google and wasn't in Websleuths. I've downloaded a Safari blocker and so far, here on Websleuths, I haven't had a problem yet.

Marble, I agree. I'm not techie but my husband is a computer analyst. He says the same. It only happens on Websleuths. I use Safari. It always happens to me on my iPhone and iPad. There are so many ads and many have videos that are activated without clicking. My husband believes that it's malware attached to ads and you don't even have to click on the link. He's been in the business for umpteen years working IT for a large hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by marble View Post
    Let me clarify-

I do not believe that websleuths.com has been hacked. I do believe that the ads that are being served up contain malware. These ads are not directly hosted on web sleuths.com so they won't flag security issues or show evidence of hacked site code and websleuths will come up clean.

It's true that some people may have inadvertantly downloaded ad injection malware if they've downloaded shareware or games etc. but that's not what's happening to me. I don't download anything ever. This is happening when I try to browse websleuths via two entirely different Macs with two different operating systems and software installations and using three different browsers. Webseluths is *the only* site I visit where I have this issue. I research online quite a bit and work with site development (I am not a net security pro though!) so I spend a lot of time online but this is the only place I've had this problem. (to be fair, this is the only large web bulletin site I visit so I can't guarantee this wouldn't be happening on other sites as large as this with as many hosted ads).

My best guess given my background and interest in these things (again with the caveat that web security is not my thing or skill set but I do know something about it and have attended a few hacker conferences) I believe that the company or companies that web sleuths has contracted with for their ads are either themselves compromised or knowingly allowing malicious adware and malware to be served up. Clearing all cookies, disallowing pop-ups and most importantly *completely disallowing flash* and other plug-ins is the only thing that stops the issues, at least on a desktop browser. It's definitely looking like coming from the ads and not from malicious code in the web sleuths site files.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast