962 users online (132 members and 830 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sonja Lechuga & 4 kids, Driving from AZ to TX, 2 Oct 2016

According to her mother Phoebe Lechuga, 28-year-old Sonja Lechuga left for the Dallas area on Aug. 18 with her Casa Grande boyfriend, Lamar Davenport, and four of her six children: Rueben, 9; Marisella, 6, whose twin is in the custody of her paternal grandmother; Destiny, 4; and Elijah, 2. They are believed to have been traveling in a brown 2004 Dodge Caravan with an Arizona license plate. The missing woman was in contact with her mother up until Oct. 2, after which her phone no longer accepted calls.
    Much more to the story at link: http://www.trivalleycentral.com/casa...f2448485f.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    - Audrey Hepburn

Such a strange case. I hope she took her mom's advice and they're safe at a shelter.

It's really strange. I almost wonder if some of those phone calls were not her daughter or were made by her daughter under duress to get money for someone holding her. But in this case the boyfriend called his family and asked for money too.

And what in the world did the daughter mean by this:
    “She goes, ‘I didn’t realize how crazy these people were down here. You know, a Mexican girl being with a black guy,’” Phoebe Lechuga recalled her daughter saying. “‘We had these cars, like, following us, and we tried to lose them, but they were still following us.’”

That was the last time the Lechuga women spoke, and soon after, the elder turned to the police.
    Is she saying people were following and harassing them because they are mixed race couple? If someone was following them, why didn't they call the police? How did she know why those cars were following them? There must be more to the story...

Maybe they were run off the road by people following them

Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    It's really strange. I almost wonder if some of those phone calls were not her daughter or were made by her daughter under duress to get money for someone holding her. But in this case the boyfriend called his family and asked for money too.

And what in the world did the daughter mean by this:

Is she saying people were following and harassing them because they are mixed race couple? If someone was following them, why didn't they call the police? How did she know why those cars were following them? There must be more to the story...
    That was my understanding of it and I agree, there has to be way more to this story. I have so many questions, but I'm going to wait and see if we get anymore information.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalagali View Post
    Maybe they were run off the road by people following them
    Possible, but it would have to be a pretty bad car wreck to kill 2 adults and 4 kids and not be discovered by now. I don't understand why the police were not willing to file missing person's reports on all 6 of them. We see people reported missing all the time just because they haven't contacted family in a few days or were driving somewhere and never showed up. The kids should be in school. She left 2 of her children at home, and authorities are not concerned because she is an adult? Shouldn't they at least be concerned about her children sleeping in a car and not being enrolled in school?

I think it was her on the phone and she was the one picking up the money, and this is the reason she stopped asking for more or contacting her mother:

Sonja Lechuga told her mother they had nowhere else to go, that maybe they could get a room somewhere if only she would send more money.

She had food stamps to feed her kids, but not much else. Still, despite her continued promises to return home, her mother feared giving her more money only to go yet another day without the family’s return.
    Though maybe she's not the one who made the decision to cut off contact.

I want to know if anyone has spoken with Lamar's brother.

http://www.trivalleycentral.com/casa...f2448485f.html

Hmm I don't really know what to think.
    Is there any substance abuse in their past? It almost sounds like excuses an addict makes to get money from family.
    I'm not saying they are addicts. Just giving my pov about the situation.
    I hope they are all found. It can be so scary with the kids.

All MOO!

Whoa. I just looked up the boyfriend. Does this look like the same man? *Deleted link*

ETA: I decided to delete the link for now because I'm not sure if this is the same man. Just google his name and tell me what you all think! Someone with his name that looks similar to him (IMO) made People Magazine, Daily Mail, and all the major entertainment news outlets in the past year. Can't be the same man, can it?
    Last edited by Gardener1850; 10-17-2016 at 12:09 AM.

it does not look too much like the same guy. Slightly similar, but different skin tones, and different facial structure. jmo
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    it does not look too much like the same guy. Slightly similar, but different skin tones, and different facial structure. jmo
    Thanks, I saw a few other pictures of the guy in the link elsewhere with darker skin tone so I wasn't sure. I deleted the link for now just to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    Thanks, I saw a few other pictures of the guy in the link elsewhere with darker skin tone so I wasn't sure. I deleted the link for now just to be safe.
    It would blow my mind if it was him though. I am not ruling it out 100%...

ETA:The one in the link is 31 yrs old now, and was in NYC in 2015. So it is a possibility.
    Last edited by katydid23; 10-17-2016 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    It would blow my mind if it was him though. I am not ruling it out 100%...
    Me too. She DID meet him on the internet according to her mother. I was trying to find something that said whether the infamous LD would be in jail right now but I couldn't find anything concrete.

they are NOT the same guy. [ found his FB and he was out and about in Casa Grande while the other was in Psych hospital in NYC]

Here is the Lamar from this case:

https://www.facebook.com/lamar.young.1865?ref=br_rs

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast