GUILTY AK - Officer Allen Brandt, 34, fatally shot, Fairbanks, 16 Oct 2016 *Arrest*

0101ABA

Former Member
Reaction score
attachment.php
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ed-officer-dash-cam-footage-article-1.2833187
Fairbanks Police identify Sergeant Allen Brandt as the victim of the shooting this morning in downtown Fairbanks.

(...)

FPD says just after midnight, an officer was responding to a call of shots fired on the 300 block of 7th Avenue in Fairbanks.

“As multiple calls came in to the Dispatch Center,” FPD said in a Sunday press release, “a responding officer radioed that he was shot.”
The suspect then left the scene in the officer’s patrol car, but abandoned it a few blocks away.

He’s described as an Alaska Native man in his 20s wearing a dark jacket, dark pants, and a knit hat.
http://www.ktuu.com/content/news/Fa...ultiple-times-suspect-at-large-397238301.html

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 135
Monday afternoon FPD Press Conference

(Given by Acting Chief Brad Johnson of the Fairbanks PD)

*Officer Allen Brandt was responding to reports of gunfire shortly after midnight when he was shot multiple times
*Hit 4 times in the lower body, 1 time in the chest, has shrapnel wound to his eye
*Officer Brandt returned fire, unknown at this time if the suspect was hit
*Suspect fled the scene in Officer Brandt's police cruiser which was later found abandoned
*Officer Brandt was able to radio for help and direct other officers & first responders to his location
*Brandt was flown to Anchorage & is now in stable condition
*Suspect still at large, described as an Alaskan Native & should be considered armed and dangerous
*FPD relying on the public to help them identify & locate the suspect
*24 hour tip line established 450-6551 or email FPDtips@fairbanks.us

Thank you so much, KayElJay, for the thread and the great information from the the PC. Much appreciated.

attachment.php

As previously posted, it seems the suspect has an ID attached to the side of his jacket, visibly flapping as he runs in front of the car. It seems to have a blue hue to it, a head shot and a yellow border or line on the bottom.

Wow! Fairbanks. The big city in that area but kinda slow for a big city in the lower 48. Just moo from the early 90's.

ETA I am glad the officer is in stable condition and I pray he makes a full recovery.

Sent from my SM-G930V

Charges: Alleged shooter of Fairbanks officer penned 3-page confession letter
By Jerzy Shedlock, Alaska News Dispatch
3 hours ago

Reporting on the 2 day investigation by multiple law enforcement agencies who tracked him down through tips, found his confession through a search, then watched and arrested him without incident, are very worth reading, but I'll quote this portion, to not go over TOS.

""Sgt. Brandt opened the driver side door of his patrol vehicle and attempted to escape to the rear of his vehicle for cover. During this time the male suspect began firing shots at Sgt. Brandt who returned gunfire," the charges say.

Brandt was injured and fell to the ground, according to law enforcement accounts. Prosecutors further allege Jenkins-Alexie took Brandt's firearm out of the hand of the officer who lay bleeding on the street.

Brandt had been shot six times, police said. The serious injuries he suffered required treatment in Anchorage, where he remained Wednesday.

Jenkins-Alexie also tried to take Brandt's clips of ammo, and when he failed he stomped on the head of the officer, according to the charges.

"Sgt. Brandt was able to stand up and gain distance from the suspect, before collapsing. The suspect was following Sgt. Brandt and mocking him," the charges say.

After Brandt collapsed in a parking lot, Jenkins-Alexie stole the patrol car but only made it several streets down the road as one of its tires was flat, the charges say. Prosecutors say when the suspect ditched the car in front of a business he left behind a pistol and Brandt's firearm...

Screenshot 2016-10-20 at 2.53.30 AM.png

...continues his recovery at an Anchorage hospital. His condition is improving on a daily basis, said Phil McBroom, who is serving as a spokesman for Brandt and the family.

"He's able to walk for significant periods of time and his pain has been somewhat reduced," McBroom said.

Doctors are observing shrapnel that hit Brandt's left eye during the shooting. It is unknown if Brandt will regain sight to the eye, McBroom said.

Overall, Brandt and his family are very happy the alleged shooter was arrested without any other injuries to officers or community members, he said."

http://www.adn.com/alaska-news/crim...suspected-of-shooting-officer-sunday-morning/

Hopefully this incident will have a happy ending for the PO, and he will make a full recovery.

[video=youtube;xQz9yUZ2nrE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQz9yUZ2nrE[/video]

Screenshot 2016-10-29 at 6.00.33 PM - Edited.jpg

"An Alaska police officer shot in the line of duty two weeks ago has died of complications after surgery." CNN Oct 29, 2016

:rose:

"An Alaska police officer shot in the line of duty two weeks ago has died of complications after surgery." CNN Oct 29, 2016

Thanks for posting findHG

So sad.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry that he died. :cry:

Condolences to Officer Brandt's loved ones and colleagues. :rose:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FullSizeRender.jpg

From confession and apology letter:
Choose a safer line of work. Be there for your family.

What!!! What's that?! Officer Brandt was working to make the community safer when you shot him, Anthony. He'd be there for his family still if you hadn't shot him. :steamed:

So unbelievably sad. He was much too young to lose his life. I understand how his wife must feel. I was widowed at 21, in 1980, and had a son 2yrs, 8mos, and a son 10mos. My heart goes out to his family.
This is the second officer I have read about this month who seemed to be making a full recovery, and then died. The other officer died from a blood clot. So heartbreaking.

So unbelievably sad. He was much too young to lose his life. I understand how his wife must feel. I was widowed at 21, in 1980, and had a son 2yrs, 8mos, and a son 10mos. My heart goes out to his family.
This is the second officer I have read about this month who seemed to be making a full recovery, and then died. The other officer died from a blood clot. So heartbreaking.
Oh my glf. You are a very strong woman! I can't imagine.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

attachment.php

Sgt. Allen Brandt’s patrol vehicle back on the streets of Fairbanks with a small but moving change

The patrol vehicle once used by a slain police officer is back on the streets of Fairbanks with new graphics honoring his legacy.

(...)

The display on his former patrol vehicle, now being driven by Fairbanks police Sgt. John Merrion, includes a blue line, his name, the date of his death — also known as the end of his watch — and the phrase, “Faithful Unto Death,” followed by Revelations 2:10.

Attachments

• IMG_0811.jpg
    IMG_0811.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 23
Man accused of shooting Fairbanks police officer has status hearing

http://www.newsminer.com/news/local_news/man-accused-of-shooting-fairbanks-police-officer-has-status-hearing/article_d9fc9a18-8c8d-11e7-b5eb-1fdcc0d24489.html

Jenkins-Alexie is scheduled to go to trial Oct. 9, but his public defender, Jennifer Hite, said she’s still gathering evidence and doesn’t anticipate being ready by then because she intended to file motions. Hite said there were also “some issues” her client wanted her to address and that the case is “likely to go to trial.”

Fairbanks District Attorney Greggory Olson said he understood what the defense needs to do but that, if the trial is to be postponed, he would like to know the new date as soon as possible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back