Trial - Ross Harris #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh thank you, thank you for the new thread ticya! It is appreciated. :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Sexting doesn't equal malicious intent to kill ones son.

So the glove does not fit with that charge.

Now the negligence is one size fit all. So imo. The prosecution should have not gone for the malice intent. Jmo.

I apologize for being a bit late to the party, but I did not see this mentioned earlier today. During Jacqueline Robledo's testimony, Kilgore asked the witness whether she went to the police after she saw that JRH was charged with murder. She replied that she did not. Kilgore quipped back (paraphrasing) that's because what you did with Ross had nothing to do with Cooper's death, correct? She replied back in the affirmative. A very smart question going directly to the heart of the refusal to sever charges. Well played by the defense IMO.

Ross set up the movie date with his buddies the day before the hot car death of Cooper.

It was Ross' idea to go to the movie theater. RH suggested the movie 22 Jump Street the day before during chat with the regular guys. Of the two friends who worked at Home Depot Corp. that testified today, neither wanted to be there. Neither had agreed to speak to LEO since their initial interviews. Neither have spoken to nor written Ross since his incarceration.
The group of buddies had performed the legal wranglings for a new business venture that Ross the Boss held the experience savvy to set up. They had 3 clients already. Their new business would design and build websites at competitive rates. There is likely some painful betrayal held by his former business partners. The Home Depot buddies got together after Cooper's death to discuss RHs curious circumstances. They could think of not one clue that RH led a double life and that scruffy Ross the Boss paid prostitutes $125 @ 30 minutes.

I apologize for being a bit late to the party, but I did not see this mentioned earlier today. During Jacqueline Robledo's testimony, Kilgore asked the witness whether she went to the police after she saw that JRH was charged with murder. She replied that she did not. Kilgore quipped back (paraphrasing) that's because what you did with Ross had nothing to do with Cooper's death, correct? She replied back in the affirmative. A very smart question going directly to the heart of the refusal to sever charges. Well played by the defense IMO.

OK, going back over my notes and checking with the testimony. Both Winston and Alex testified they thought RH was going to be late. And under Direct Winston said when asked if that where they thought he was going to be late was the 4:09pm chat msg " be at the theater ASAP" Yes. And according to prior testimony from Security Guard, he left iirc 4:15 or 4:16.

** State, gives Winston copies and asks him if actual copy of June 17, 2014 and leading up through June 18, 2014 as if it were a complete set. It was not, Def entered on Alex testimony full including some of June 16, 2014. Again well played by the Defense. JMHO

6/18/14
942 am they decided to go to the 5pm show
11:09 am verify movie before they went to lunch
2:21 pm Alex buying your ticket (to RH)
4:09 pm RH: Be at the theater ASAP

RH left out the front doors 6 or 7 min after that chat msg.

Maybe Alex and Winston didn't realize that RH was leaving in 6 or 7 min and misunderstood, thinking he was gonna be there late due to the ASAP? I agree if someone told me that, I would probably assume same thing. Yet as far as we know by testimony he left out front doors, straight to his vehicle, started up immediately and left immediately. Drove down the road (unsure of name) but as Hope4More time earlier was there prob 4:20ish first officers arrived at 4:24pm.

And as far as the "double life" theory, JMHO there is more to RH personality than that. Just going by testimony thus far. Not sure where I am going with this or the Def but seeing a bit of a pattern. JMHO

Winston on Cross by Kilgore:
Not aware of RH going to LAA to see Cooper during the day. Parades or maybe picnic but other than that would not be something normal

It isn't just the "sexting" that any of these witness didn't know about. Even his friends that he went to College, lunch with, started a business with, didn't know about him going to LAA during the day sometimes (which has been testified by 4 witnesses iirc from LAA as fact) Also Brandon Moore, RH coworker at DOT COM (Treehouse) had went on an occation with RH to see Cooper (think they were in the building or area).

So according to Pros Boring on ReDirect to Alex Hall, when RH helped Alex move, LH had texted RH.(Alex does not remember if LH text or not) Boring went on to ask if he knew that RH did not go home when he left helping Alex he went to meet a prostitute. Then he was done with Alex Hall

That would be May 31, 2014- Doerr. (or as far as I can figure out)
May 31 (Sat) - (Wed) June 18, 2014
2 weeks + 4 days

:thinking: Something happened that Saturday. When did LH go to Alabama? That would be about the time that RH stopped taking photos at school around that 2 week period. OR rather it appears so. JMHO

Defense Exhibt #39

6/6/14 & 6/7/14 chat posts referencing Orange is The New Black between RH & Alex << these Kilgore said he realized were meant to be private and had Alex just look at and read to self. :blushing:

6/16/14 2 references to Orange is The New Black RH & Alex

The series' release date for Season 2, with 13 episodes original release date on Netflix June 6, 2014 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_Is_the_New_Black

**not sure when the alleged Research was done on how to survive in prison but.... :thinking: And for those who have not watched this Netflix original drama...

The series revolves around Piper Chapman (Taylor Schilling), a woman in her 30s living in New York City who is sentenced to 18 months in Litchfield Penitentiary, a minimum-security women's federal prison (initially operated by the "Federal Department of Corrections", a fictional version of the Federal Bureau of Prisons, and later acquired by MCC, a private prison company) in upstate New York. Piper had been convicted of transporting a suitcase full of drug money for her girlfriend Alex Vause (Laura Prepon), an international drug smuggler. The offense had occurred 10 years prior to the start of the series and in that time Piper had moved on to a quiet, law-abiding life among New York's upper middle class. Her sudden and unexpected indictment severely disrupts her relationships with her fiancé, family and friends.

In prison, Piper is reunited with Alex (who named Piper in her trial, resulting in Piper's arrest) and they re-examine their relationship. Simultaneously, Piper must learn how to survive in prison, and how to overcome its numerous, inherent struggles. Episodes often feature flashbacks of significant events from various inmates and prison guards' pasts. These flashbacks typically explain how the inmate came to be in prison, or otherwise further develop the character's backstory.

The show also pays close attention to how instances of corruption, drug smuggling, funding cuts, overcrowding and guard brutality adversely impact not only the prisoners' health and well-being, but also the prison's basic ability to fulfil its fundamental responsibilities and ethical obligations as a federal corrections institution. One of the show's key conflicts involves the prison's Director of Human Activities, Joe Caputo, whose efforts and aims as a warden constantly conflict with the business interests of MCC, which acquired the facility when it was about to be shut down.

So according to Pros Boring on ReDirect to Alex Hall, when RH helped Alex move, LH had texted RH.(Alex does not remember if LH text or not) Boring went on to ask if he knew that RH did not go home when he left helping Alex he went to meet a prostitute. Then he was done with Alex Hall

That would be May 31, 2014- Doerr. (or as far as I can figure out)
May 31 (Sat) - (Wed) June 18, 2014
2 weeks + 4 days

:thinking: Something happened that Saturday. When did LH go to Alabama? That would be about the time that RH stopped taking photos at school around that 2 week period. OR rather it appears so. JMHO

Idk.

Not every friend announces seeing prostitutes to other friends. But I guess this is suppose to be ross big motive for murder.

Det Ralph Escamillo

Testified 10/3/16 at Hearing prior to State OS. Then again Monday 10/17/14 at Trial.
His testimony was, and according to his Report the # he saw on D. Doerr tablet was 407-864-XXXX, which he states was the Target Number they had.

Kilgore very patiently & directly asked him was it his testimony that the # he saw on DD table the 407-864-XXXX -YES
Kilgore went through and asked him again, that was the number he testified to on 10/3/16 - Yes

Prior he had only given last 4 digits. He stated lol that that is what he thought Kilgore wanted him to do ...

Kilgore asked is it because he had became aware that that was not Ross Harris work cell number. Witness again testified that that is the Target Number he was given.
Kilgore and that is the number you saw on D tablet, is that your testimony. -Yes

Evans brings up his laptop and pulls the evidence report up and has Witness to read the number 401-564- XXXX.

Evans and Escamillo oh just a typo in number.

Kilgore : "are you saying that your testimony is not true?"

Escamillo: No

Kilgore: are you saying the evidence number is not true?

Escamillo: No just that there is a discrepancy in number

Kilgore: when did you become aware of the discrepancy?

Escamillo: Just now when he showed me on the computer

Kilgore: Are you standing by your testimony in this court today?

Escamillo: yes sir.

ANOTHER Strategic move by the Defense. JMHO

Phew - all caught up in time for today's court.
I've been speed reading, so apologies if I've missed this - but have we seen any footage of Ross arriving at work on the morning of Cooper's death? I'm interested to see his demeanor.

I don't know if these chats were posted before, this is from Hall's testimony yesterday:

In a Google chat conversation with some co-workers, Harris talked about hunting for houses in Acworth and Kennesaw. Hall, one of the co-workers, mentioned that Harris would have a really long commute. If you pay my son&#8217;s private school, I&#8217;d gladly live in Buckhead,&#8221; Harris wrote. &#8220;I&#8217;d live inside the perimeter if the schools were decent.&#8221;

In another chat, June 12, 2014, Harris wrote just days before Cooper died that,&#8220;I&#8217;m hanging with the lady and my boy Saturday.&#8221;

In the chat that included a photo of burgers on a grill, Hall teased Ross because he was using a gas grill instead of charcoal. &#8220;When you have a wife and kids, easy is the way to go,&#8221; Harris said.

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/ross-...and-other-things-know/DWFJNHohGCME21xhFOz5XK/

I don't know if these chats were posted before, this is from Hall's testimony yesterday:In a Google chat conversation with some co-workers, Harris talked about hunting for houses in Acworth and Kennesaw. Hall, one of the co-workers, mentioned that Harris would have a really long commute. If you pay my son’s private school, I’d gladly live in Buckhead,” Harris wrote. “I’d live inside the perimeter if the schools were decent.”In another chat, June 12, 2014, Harris wrote just days before Cooper died that,“I’m hanging with the lady and my boy Saturday.”In the chat that included a photo of burgers on a grill, Hall teased Ross because he was using a gas grill instead of charcoal. “When you have a wife and kids, easy is the way to go,” Harris said. http://www.ajc.com/news/local/ross-...and-other-things-know/DWFJNHohGCME21xhFOz5XK/
BBM I thought that phrase was really weird yesterday but after :thinking: about it, I think that is his version of "hanging with the old lady this weekend."

Det Ralph Escamillo

Testified 10/3/16 at Hearing prior to State OS. Then again Monday 10/17/14 at Trial.
His testimony was, and according to his Report the # he saw on D. Doerr tablet was 407-864-XXXX, which he states was the Target Number they had.

Kilgore very patiently & directly asked him was it his testimony that the # he saw on DD table the 407-864-XXXX -YES
Kilgore went through and asked him again, that was the number he testified to on 10/3/16 - Yes

Prior he had only given last 4 digits. He stated lol that that is what he thought Kilgore wanted him to do ...

Kilgore asked is it because he had became aware that that was not Ross Harris work cell number. Witness again testified that that is the Target Number he was given.
Kilgore and that is the number you saw on D tablet, is that your testimony. -Yes

Evans brings up his laptop and pulls the evidence report up and has Witness to read the number 401-564- XXXX.

Evans and Escamillo oh just a typo in number.

Kilgore : "are you saying that your testimony is not true?"

Escamillo: No

Kilgore: are you saying the evidence number is not true?

Escamillo: No just that there is a discrepancy in number

Kilgore: when did you become aware of the discrepancy?

Escamillo: Just now when he showed me on the computer

Kilgore: Are you standing by your testimony in this court today?

Escamillo: yes sir.

ANOTHER Strategic move by the Defense. JMHO

Thanks for the time you take to so closely review sources and testimony! You're exceptionally good at noticing inconsistencies between past and present testimony. :)

So, if I'm understanding correctly, the phone number LE said they set up the prostitute sting to verify wasn't in fact the phone number LE in other reports said was used to contact the prostitute? Is that correct? Not a typo of a single digit, but the whole phone number was different?

Thanks for the time you take to so closely review sources and testimony! You're exceptionally good at noticing inconsistencies between past and present testimony. :)

So, if I'm understanding correctly, the phone number LE said they set up the prostitute sting to verify wasn't in fact the phone number LE in other reports said was used to contact the prostitute? Is that correct? Not a typo of a single digit, but the whole phone number was different?

What I surmised is that the phone number that called the prostitute did not actually belong to Ross, but I'm not sure.

Medical examiner's investigator Martin Jackson on the stand

A source close to Leann says:

Harris&#8217; infidelity wasn&#8217;t the reason why she left him. &#8220;She&#8217;s grieving the loss of Cooper,&#8221; says the source. &#8220;And Ross is responsible for that. She believes it was an accident, but she just can&#8217;t stay married to him.&#8221;

http://people.com/crime/hot-car-dea...as-painful-and-infuriating-to-ex-says-source/

Is that a credible enough publication to believe an anonymous source "close to " Leanna is speaking on her behalf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear