1293 users online (246 members and 1047 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 116 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    I don't know if these chats were posted before, this is from Hall's testimony yesterday:In a Google chat conversation with some co-workers, Harris talked about hunting for houses in Acworth and Kennesaw. Hall, one of the co-workers, mentioned that Harris would have a really long commute. If you pay my sons private school, Id gladly live in Buckhead, Harris wrote. Id live inside the perimeter if the schools were decent.In another chat, June 12, 2014, Harris wrote just days before Cooper died that,Im hanging with the lady and my boy Saturday.In the chat that included a photo of burgers on a grill, Hall teased Ross because he was using a gas grill instead of charcoal. When you have a wife and kids, easy is the way to go, Harris said. http://www.ajc.com/news/local/ross-h...CME21xhFOz5XK/
    BBM I thought that phrase was really weird yesterday but after about it, I think that is his version of "hanging with the old lady this weekend."

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
    Det Ralph Escamillo

Testified 10/3/16 at Hearing prior to State OS. Then again Monday 10/17/14 at Trial.
    His testimony was, and according to his Report the # he saw on D. Doerr tablet was 407-864-XXXX, which he states was the Target Number they had.

Kilgore very patiently & directly asked him was it his testimony that the # he saw on DD table the 407-864-XXXX -YES
    Kilgore went through and asked him again, that was the number he testified to on 10/3/16 - Yes

Prior he had only given last 4 digits. He stated lol that that is what he thought Kilgore wanted him to do ...

Kilgore asked is it because he had became aware that that was not Ross Harris work cell number. Witness again testified that that is the Target Number he was given.
    Kilgore and that is the number you saw on D tablet, is that your testimony. -Yes

Evans brings up his laptop and pulls the evidence report up and has Witness to read the number 401-564- XXXX.

Evans and Escamillo oh just a typo in number.

Kilgore : "are you saying that your testimony is not true?"

Escamillo: No

Kilgore: are you saying the evidence number is not true?

Escamillo: No just that there is a discrepancy in number

Kilgore: when did you become aware of the discrepancy?

Escamillo: Just now when he showed me on the computer

Kilgore: Are you standing by your testimony in this court today?

Escamillo: yes sir.

ANOTHER Strategic move by the Defense. JMHO
    Thanks for the time you take to so closely review sources and testimony! You're exceptionally good at noticing inconsistencies between past and present testimony.

So, if I'm understanding correctly, the phone number LE said they set up the prostitute sting to verify wasn't in fact the phone number LE in other reports said was used to contact the prostitute? Is that correct? Not a typo of a single digit, but the whole phone number was different?

Quote Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
    Thanks for the time you take to so closely review sources and testimony! You're exceptionally good at noticing inconsistencies between past and present testimony.

So, if I'm understanding correctly, the phone number LE said they set up the prostitute sting to verify wasn't in fact the phone number LE in other reports said was used to contact the prostitute? Is that correct? Not a typo of a single digit, but the whole phone number was different?
    What I surmised is that the phone number that called the prostitute did not actually belong to Ross, but I'm not sure.

Medical examiner's investigator Martin Jackson on the stand

A source close to Leann says:

Harris’ infidelity wasn’t the reason why she left him. “She’s grieving the loss of Cooper,” says the source. “And Ross is responsible for that. She believes it was an accident, but she just can’t stay married to him.”

http://people.com/crime/hot-car-deat...x-says-source/

Is that a credible enough publication to believe an anonymous source "close to " Leanna is speaking on her behalf?

I can't listen to this testimony. For anyone listening to the whole thing, could you please post whether or not he mentions "deprivation of sustenance"? That's what LE said on the 18th they assumed the cause of death to be, and why their search warrants on the 18th cited the charge of 1st degree CC and felony murder.

Cooper was laying on the pavement, covered by a white sheet, next to the SUV when Jackson arrived.

The assistant district attorney showed a photo of Cooper’s body, uncovered, to the jury. His legs were stiff, bent as if he was still sitting in the car seat.

There are different types of rigor mortis. Firm rigor mortis is when you can’t move body parts. Cooper was in a state of moderate rigor mortis, which means the investigator was able to move his legs and arms.

Jackson said he put Cooper on a white sheet “out of respect” so that the boy’s face would not be against the hot pavement while his back was examined.

Cooper was sweaty. “There was an odor of urine present,” Jackson testified. There was only urine in Cooper’s diaper, not feces.

Cooper had abrasions on his head, back, legs and arms. There was a light green discoloration on his stomach.

Jackson says they had a hard time getting medical records on Cooper because Leanna Harris was uncooperative, refused to give him her son's history. She told him he would need to talk to the Cobb police department or her attorney. Jackson said he had to subpoena Cooper’s medical records from Kaiser Permanente.

Prior to his death, Cooper was a healthy young boy.

Jackson was contacted by police around 5:15 p.m. on the evening of Cooper’s death to come to the scene. At that time, Jackson wasn’t told that the scene was a crime scene. A lieutenant told him when he arrived that “foul play” could not be ruled out.

Jackson says he was present as investigators did a heat test on Harris' car days later, placing it in the same spot it was parked the day of Cooper's death and measuring the temperature inside the car throughout the day.

Jackson donned a full body crime scene suit, a mask and gloves in order to not contaminate the crime scene.

He had never dealt before with a situation where a child died from the heat.
    Last edited by JerseyGirl; 10-18-2016 at 09:32 AM.

Is this the ME who has been accused of what amounts to gross incompetence?

Is this the ME who has been accused of what amounts to gross incompetence?
    No, he is not.

out
    Jackson says they had a hard time getting medical records on Cooper because Leanna Harris was uncooperative, refused to give him her son's history. She told him he would need to talk to the Cobb police department or her attorney. Jackson said he had to subpoena Cooper’s medical records from Kaiser Permanente.

Prior to his death, Cooper was a healthy young boy.

Jackson was contacted by police around 5:15 p.m. on the evening of Cooper’s death to come to the scene. At that time, Jackson wasn’t told that the scene was a crime scene. A lieutenant told him when he arrived that “foul play” could not be ruled out.

Jackson says he was present as investigators did a heat test on Harris' car days later, placing it in the same spot it was parked the day of Cooper's death and measuring the temperature inside the car throughout the day.

Jackson donned a full body crime scene suit, a mask and gloves in order to not contaminate the crime scene.

He had never dealt before with a situation where a child died from the heat.

5:15 , contacted. He wasn't told it was a crime scene? LE indicated in search warrants they ruled it not just a crime scene but a homicide investigation well before 5. That's why CAP was called out.

How long was the ME investigator there with Ferrell? Who he says told him "foul play couldn't be ruled out"? Because by 7 at the latest LE was filing affadavits for search warrants and listing felony murder as the charge, and "deprivation of sustenance" as method.
    Last edited by Hope4More; 10-18-2016 at 09:49 AM.

out

5:15 , contacted. He wasn't told it was a crime scene? LE indicated in search warrants they ruled it not just a crime scene but a homicide investigation well before 5. That's why CAP was called out.

How long was the ME investigator there with Ferrell? Who he says told him "foul play couldn't be ruled out"? Because by 7 at the latest LE was filing affadavits for search warrants and listing felony murder as the charge, and "deprivation of sustenance" as method.
    The ME investigator testifying now, said from the time he put his suit on and he was done...it was less than an hour. He was just there to take pictures of Cooper. The ME and forensic examiner does the rest. I am having a hard time hearing, but I believe he was done with pictures before 7:00.

I thought Leanna wasn't privy to testimony as she is still a witness to be called?

The prosecution asking questions after the defense cross. Pointing out that it's not unusual for charges to be made before the autopsy is done. It is not unusual for the DA office and police to be present in meetings with the ME's office.

Defense now asking if it's unusual for the defense to request evidence. It's not.

(IMO, this witness was very professional. His reports were complete with updated dates as new info or requests came in. He seemed on top of his job and the requirements.)

The chief ME in 2014 is on stand now.

The State, on redirect, tidied up his testimony by having him acknowledge it was considered a crime scene. Other questions on redirect IMO were clearly about trying to explain there was nothing unusual about LE immediately considering the scene a homicide investigation, or of obtaining search warrants etc. with an assumption of intent BEFORE an autopsy was completed.

Page 2 of 116 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast