773 users online (136 members and 637 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 116 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
    So according to Pros Boring on ReDirect to Alex Hall, when RH helped Alex move, LH had texted RH.(Alex does not remember if LH text or not) Boring went on to ask if he knew that RH did not go home when he left helping Alex he went to meet a prostitute. Then he was done with Alex Hall

That would be May 31, 2014- Doerr. (or as far as I can figure out)
    May 31 (Sat) - (Wed) June 18, 2014
    2 weeks + 4 days

Something happened that Saturday. When did LH go to Alabama? That would be about the time that RH stopped taking photos at school around that 2 week period. OR rather it appears so. JMHO
    Thank you so much to all of websleuther's keeping us apprised of the trial testimony. I can't live stream due to limited

From 9:38 a.m. (sorry for the delay, I'm at work and following this trial):

The defense attorney is asking Jackson about Leanna’s unwillingness to cooperate.

Jackson had called her and she was making funeral arrangements. He asked her about Cooper’s medical history but referred him to folks she had already given that information too, not outright refusing Jackson.

There was no indication that Cooper had been abused. He was a “normal, healthy child,” Jackson testified.

At one point, there was a meeting with law enforcement officers at the medical examiner’s office.

They were still doing their investigation at that time, Jackson said, adding that he knew they were considering charges against Harris.

He also met with the DA, which Jackson said wasn’t typical.

Jackson said he did not offer an opinion as to whether Harris was guilty or not. He just described the scene, he said.

In your experience, does the Cobb County police department bring charges before an investigation is complete? the attorney asked. Jackson said he doesn’t work with the police department.

He also said it wasn’t unusual to receive a report from the department very soon after a crime occurred. Jackson received a report from police the day after Cooper’s death.

During a meeting with the DA and Cobb police, Jackson was made aware of video in the case but did not view it.

Jackson did view a reenactment of what happened. Detectives were evaluating Cooper’s position in the car.

http://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-new...ZkzQo6CS0MBgM/

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambina View Post
    I thought Leanna wasn't privy to testimony as she is still a witness to be called?
    I was pondering this yesterday. Not necessarily with regard to this case only, but now that so much media covers court proceedings, how can witnesses be trusted to not listen/watch testimony? Prospective witnesses might even be reading here Hard to believe that witnesses actually refrain from trial coverage as they wait to testify.
    Last edited by BetteDavisEyes; 10-18-2016 at 11:04 AM. Reason: typo

The prosecution called its next witness, Brian Frist, who was the chief medical examiner in Cobb in 2014, although he is now retired.

A pathologist at a hospital is in charge of labs, hematology, material removed during surgeries and autopsies as needed.

Forensic pathologist has extra training to understand non-natural causes of death.

The medical examiner is in charge of the individual case. An investigator goes out to document the scene and bring the body back to the examiner’s office.

The medical examiner discusses the scene with the investigator.

http://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-new...ZkzQo6CS0MBgM/

Court is in recess for 15 minutes.

ME investigator also said there was no one there at Cooper's body besides him and Shumpert. So it's weird that Ferrell testified that he was right there on the other side of Cooper's body and could smell "death" - when Jackson and Martin both said he wasn't there, and the only smells they smelled were urine and sweat.

And Ferrell didn't write a report noting his his involvement or the smell of death until a year after the incident - when Stoddard reminded him.

I'm know this will be tough testimony to hear. Thank's so much to all of the dedicated sleuther's for transcribing this trial. I'm am very appreciative of your dedication. I'm have limited gigabytes available, so can't livestream on my computer.

Quote Originally Posted by minor4th View Post
    ME investigator also said there was no one there at Cooper's body besides him and Shumpert. So it's weird that Ferrell testified that he was right there on the other side of Cooper's body and could smell "death" - when Jackson and Martin both said he wasn't there, and the only smells they smelled were urine and sweat.

And Ferrell didn't write a report noting his his involvement or the smell of death until a year after the incident - when Stoddard reminded him.

Maybe there was nothing at all hinky about how LE handled first the crime scene then the first 48 hours if the investigation. If that's the case, how unfortunate for them that their own mistatements and inconsistent statements keep suggesting otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by minor4th View Post

Which on is Ferrell? I'm having such a hard time keeping names straight. Oy! I thought there was Jackson and two other men there.

Quote Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
    I was pondering this yesterday. No necessarily with regard to this case only, but now that so much media covers court proceedings, how can witnesses be trusted to not listen/watch testimony? Prospective witnesses might even be reading here Hard to believe that witnesses actually refrain from trial coverage as they wait to testify.

I would think inexperienced civilian witnesses would refrain, if for no other reason they'd be afraid of being caught out by sharp attorneys because what they heard made them unintentionally deviate from expected testimony.

Personally, though, I think Stoddard might be paying a great deal of attention to testimony.

Quote Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
    out

5:15 , contacted. He wasn't told it was a crime scene? LE indicated in search warrants they ruled it not just a crime scene but a homicide investigation well before 5. That's why CAP was called out.

How long was the ME investigator there with Ferrell? Who he says told him "foul play couldn't be ruled out"? Because by 7 at the latest LE was filing affadavits for search warrants and listing felony murder as the charge, and "deprivation of sustenance" as method.
    Please pardon me be being unaware of what CAP stands fore. Can someone tell me ? Tia

Quote Originally Posted by blue22 View Post
    Which on is Ferrell? I'm having such a hard time keeping names straight. Oy! I thought there was Jackson and two other men there.

Ferrell was (is still?) Stoddard's supervisor. He says he was on the scene, but if so, it was highly unusual for LE of his rank to respond to a scene that early on, and iirc, the first time Ferrell had ever done so.

LE seems to be having a difficult time squaring the circle of-- they didn't rush to any premature conclusions and do sloppy everything as a result , but high ranking LE (allegedly) responded to the scene almost immediately, RH was detained almost immediately, his phone was seized almost immediately, searched before a warrant was issued, and search warrants filed within hours indicating LE thought he had intentionally killed Cooper.

Subset of contradictions - murder by deprivation of sustenance, though probable cause for warrants related to hot car deaths, and not only weren't autopsy results available, the ME investigator was apparently still at the scene, or had just left.

Quote Originally Posted by pet friend View Post
    Please pardon me be being unaware of what CAP stands fore. Can someone tell me ? Tia
    Crimes Against Persons

Frist is continuing to testify.

“He appeared to be a healthy, young 22-month-old male child,” Frist said of Cooper.

Cooper had a lividity pattern, referring to blood pooling in the body, which stains the skin and allows them to determine the position of the body at death.

There were abrasions on Cooper’s body, around his head and face and his arms and legs.

You can get them from rubbing a hard surface. In this case, if you come into contact with a hot surface, it can also cause abrasions, Frist said.

Cooper died of hyperthermia – excessive heat. Forensically his death was due to someone else’s hand, which makes it homicide, Frist said.

Trial - Ross Harris #2

Good to hear them talk about decomposition again- sounds like it was inaccurate for the ME to use that word having been around many dead bodies. Sounds like it depends on your experience with the smells of death in their various stages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by yupikgirl; 10-18-2016 at 11:40 AM.
    ~Yupikgirl (Michelle)

Page 3 of 116 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast