OR OR - Salem, WhtMale 40-70, UP8447, in sleeping bag, ID bracelet 'Jeremy', Nike Tee & jeans, Aug'93

Romulus

Reaction score
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2620umor.html

Doe Network
Unidentified Male
Date of Discovery: August 17, 1993
Location of Discovery: Salem, Marion County, Oregon
Estimated Date of Death: 4 months prior
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Mummified
Cause of Death: Unknown
Physical Description** Listed information is approximate
Estimated Age: 40-70 years old
Race: White
Height: 5'5" to 5'7"Weight: 150-170 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown, graying.
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Eyebrow and pubic hair are reddish-brown.
Dentals: Available.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Available.

Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: Nike T-shirt, jeans, jean shorts, and ankle-length socks.
Jewelry: Bracelet with a silver-colored metal rectangle with the name "Jeremy" engraved.

Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Case HistoryThe decedent was found deceased in a sleeping bag in an obscure region north of Kubler Road near 36th Street Southeast in Salem.

Investigating Agency(s)If you have any information about this case please contact;
Agency Name: Marion County Medical Examiner's Office
Agency Contact Person: Dr. Veronica Vance

Agency Phone Number: 971-673-8220 or 8300E-Mail
Agency Case Number: ME: 93-40789NCIC
Case Number: N/A
NamUs Case Number: UP #8447

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Information Source(s)NamUs https://identifyus.org/cases/8447

I don't want to sound like a nitpicking grammar policeman, but I don't like how "obscure" is used to describe the location. I'd understand if they used concealed, remote, off-the-beaten-path or something like that. But obscure just doesn't match a description of what I'd consider the place.

That aside, I found it rather ironic that one of the few things in the area (or at least labelled on Google Maps) is the headquarters of the Oregon State Police.

Salem OR jeremy site.JPG

Oregon has been very trendy with "Rainbow People" type free spirits & crust punk types for decades now. Someone in that community might recognize a sketch & the bracelet.

Last edited:
There is Jeremy Hunter, who went missing from Alaska in March of 1993. He did have brown hair.

What does not easily fit with Jeremy Hunter is he was last seen on a fishing boat that disappeared. He was also taller than the estimated height, but it is an estimate. Worth noting, however, as stranger things have happened.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

There is Jeremy Hunter, who went missing from Alaska in March of 1993. He did have brown hair.

What does not easily fit with Jeremy Hunter is he was last seen on a fishing boat that disappeared. He was also taller than the estimated height, but it is an estimate. Worth noting, however, as stranger things have happened.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Yes, I found him to, but the boating accident gave me pause. Maybe we are to fixated on the Jeremy name (I also searched for Jeremiah, but noting useful) The bracelet could have been from a good friend or a family member who passed.

Yes, I found him to, but the boating accident gave me pause. Maybe we are to fixated on the Jeremy name (I also searched for Jeremiah, but noting useful) The bracelet could have been from a good friend or a family member who passed.

Yes, or a son, or boyfriend, perhaps? The dates work almost perfectly for Jeremy Hunter, which is what tipped me towards noting him. I wasn't able to find more details about the boating incident, so do not know if it was one where something else could have possibly been going on. I know there have been some where someone survives/escapes/stages stuff. Kind of dramatic theory, but again, just noting. I'm not strongly convinced it is a match. It's hard when we don't have a sketch to work with.

Edited: I wonder if it could be a regional brand? I'm going to go look at that possibility too.

This is interesting:

March 8, 1993 An ELT signal was picked up from the 86 foot cod trawler Lady of Good Voyage. Only a crushed life ring and empty life raft were found. Lost were skipper Gregory Schwindt (32) of Bellingham WA, Jeremy “Jay” Scott-Hunter (37) of Bellingham WA, Larry Hoover of Newport OR and Eddie Hoover of Portland OR.

Alaska Commercial Fishing and other Maritime Losses of 1993 – Alaska Shipwrecks

I wanted to do a cursory check of the other men on the ship, in case any matched the description, or had a photo.

"Eddie" Hoover must be Glenn Hoover. He was 5ft 9, 220 Black Hair Blue Eyes.
(Portland is the closest geographically to Salem.)

Larry Hoover: Not listed in NAMUS. Strange. Perhaps confusion re: Glenn/Eddie??

Gregory Schwindt: 6ft, 195, Brown/Brown. 30 yrs old. No pic.

Sorry for serial posting. I now am almost 100% certain we can rule OUT Jeremy Hunter. I found more information about the ship. It seems this incident occurred in March in the Bering Sea/ Aleutian Islands.

I don't want to sound like a nitpicking grammar policeman, but I don't like how "obscure" is used to describe the location. I'd understand if they used concealed, remote, off-the-beaten-path or something like that. But obscure just doesn't match a description of what I'd consider the place.

That aside, I found it rather ironic that one of the few things in the area (or at least labelled on Google Maps) is the headquarters of the Oregon State Police.

View attachment 106286

LOL....I love your note about the headquarters of the Oregon State Police.....very obscure?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas
Back