1149 users online (162 members and 987 guests)  

Websleuths News

Microwave your bra to stay warm this winter

TOKYO (AFP) - For the woman who wants to stay both warm and environmentally conscious this winter -- and isn't bothered by extra bulk under her shirt -- a lingerie maker has unveiled a thick bra that can be heated in the microwave.

Triumph International modeled the bra in Japan which has launched a "Warm Biz" campaign urging people to bundle up to save on heating.

The bra pads are filled with an eco-friendly, reusable gel that can be heated up in a microwave or with hot water. For good measure, a pendant of a hot pepper dangles from the front.

But the bra isn't for those favoring understated attire. A long strap flows down from the back, which is meant to be wrapped around like a boa to keep one's neck warm.

Link

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    LOL

I wonder how many will sell?

Do they only come in white?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    Do they only come in white?
    You make me laugh Jeana.

Just in time for Christmas.

Hmmm. The thought of a warm top sounds great to me, but I could do without the scarf (what's with that?) and the extra bulk up front. I am sure someone can come up with a design that a more understated...

I won't be buying one of these. I have enough extra padding already to keep me warm all winter.

Quote Originally Posted by bloo
    I won't be buying one of these. I have enough extra padding already to keep me warm all winter.

Can you imagine? Have a single hot flash and blow yourself up!!

Hot! Hot! Hot!

Having been station in Japan and noticing that there women are mostly lacking in the bra area I feel the extra padding may make it a seller.
    One suggestion! Possibly the "pendant of a hot pepper" should be replaced by a real "red savina Habanero pepper.", as an emergency backup system.

smokin'

Is the man that brings one home for his wife going to be in "hot water" himself?

Quote Originally Posted by bloo
    me too....