Major Formatting and all CAPS Problems

Lilibet

Southern Oregon
Reaction score
When I write a post with paragraph spacing, and post it, quite often all the spacing disappears and the post is all crammed together. Or, if it posts correctly and I go back to edit something, I encounter the same problem. The only fix is to put about six spaces instead of two between paragraphs.Another problem...This morning I attempted to post a simple "YES!!!" in response to a post. It reverted to lower case and continued to do so when I edited it. Finally, on my third try, I wrote that I had tried to write YES, but it didn't work. In that sentence, the caps stayed in place. :banghead:Another problem...The page frequently refreshes with a message that a problem occurred with the webpage and it has to be reloaded...I'm trying to address this at my end, since other pages do it too, like CNN, but I'm just letting you know in case you have a fix to tell me.Thanks.

^^^^^This post was formatted in paragraphs separating each thought. THIS^^^^is how it posted. PLEASE HELP. I can't keep posting if this continues.

I have been having similar issues re: formatting and spacing too for several days now. I've also been having problems with editing posts as well. When I attempt to edit, one of two things happens: the edit is unsuccessfully 'saved' and no changes appear OR when I attempt to edit, I am unable to do so because I am unable to see any text in reply box when in edit mode (so obviously I cannot edit because I am not able to view what needs to be changed). If that makes sense.

^^ Case in point above, that post contained 2 paragraphs and appropriate spacing when I typed it in the reply box.

Thank you for validating my issues, KayElJay. I didn't think it was just my iPad. I too have the problem with the text often disappearing when I try to edit. And when I try to "reply to post" a little wheel goes around and round until I give up and abort and try again. It just happened when trying to reply to your posts, so I just gave up.

I sent a link to this thread to Tricia before you posted. I hope this can be fixed.

I am experiencing the problems on both of my iPads (an old one & a new one), as well as my iPhone.

[....] OR when I attempt to edit, I am unable to do so because I am unable to see any text in reply box when in edit mode (so obviously I cannot edit because I am not able to view what needs to be changed).
snip

Yep, that happened to me yesterday; felt like I'd tumbled into a parallel universe. Cleared up after a bit of cursing.

I would have edited my above post so as not to crowd the thread/power post, but I am unable to edit at the moment :sigh: Just wanted to add that I'm also experiencing the same problems when I draft and send PMs as well.

Another issue: Here is a screenshot of what happened when I tried to respond to Skibaboo's post a minute ago. Everything froze and I couldn't type. Nor could I get the page to refresh...the blue line stopped after an inch. This has happened at several different times.

Ignore the second photo with no typing. I uploaded it by mistake and I'm not going to try to get rid of it!

Attachments

• IMG_1950.jpg
    IMG_1950.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1949.jpg
    IMG_1949.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 18
I would have edited my above post so as not to crowd the thread/power post, but I am unable to edit at the moment :sigh: Just wanted to add that I'm also experiencing the same problems when I draft and send PMs as well.

Same here with the PMs.

snip

Yep, that happened to me yesterday; felt like I'd tumbled into a parallel universe. Cleared up after a bit of cursing.

Ha! That didn't work for me! I must not know the right words. :D

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for posting.

Cursing is actually the best and most effective way to handle computer problems. ;)

We hear you and we are on it.

Lilibit, are you still having the problem?

Tricia

Thanks Tricia. This particular formatting problem hasn't been an issue today.

However, the invisible cursor I posted about in my other thread has come back after being OK for several days. I'm typing this post without a cursor.

I can't select and highlight in order to use bold or italic, etc. So in that sense we still have problems posting in different ways.

Could the new thing you posted about in the forum be a factor ?

Having this problem with the spacing. Can't use quick reply or reply with quote or reply to a PM.

had the spacing problem but only when responding with reply with quote to a specific post. I could use the feature to reply with quote on any other post in that thread and had no problems with quick reply. Just happened on one specific reply/quote. Oddness.

I would press space repeatedly but no space would appear.

Just happened to me again. I am able to post with normal spacing above the post I am quoting in the reply with quote box but not beneath it like we usually do. Not sure if that will work for anyone else but I have found it to be the case both times this has happened to me tonight. I am not a technical type so I have no clue what that might mean of if it will help with figuring out what causes it or how to address it.

ETA Using laptop when this happened.

Thanks everyone.
If you havent already could you please post what you are using? IPad, phone, desktop or whatever.
I'm sorry you are still having this problem. I wI will report back as soon s possible.
Tricia

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back