KY KY - Randy Sellers, 17, Visalia, 16 Aug 1980

Richard

Reaction score
Randy Lee Sellers, 17, Missing 16 August 1980 from Visalia, KY

Randy Lee Sellers
Missing since August 16, 1980 from Visalia, Kenton County, Kentucky.
Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: September 6, 1962
Age at Time of Diappearance: 17 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'9, 149 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; hazel eyes.
Marks, Scars, Tattoos: "R" tattoo on left forearm. Scar on right knee. Scar on crown of head. Scar over left eye.
Dentals: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Sellers, a student at an alternative school in Kenton County, was first reported missing on Aug. 17, 1980. The night before he had been to the Kenton County Fair in Independence. At the fair he got into a fight, and police picked him up for disorderly conduct and public intoxication. But instead of taking him all the way home, police dropped the boy off about a mile from his home as a favor. Sellers never arrived at his house; he has not been heard from since that day.

Donald Leroy Evans, a drifter sentenced to death for killing a 10-year-old Mississippi girl, told police he shot Sellers in the head in 1980 and buried him three feet deep at Kincaid Lake State Park in Pendleton County. He claims to have killed dozens of others in dozens of states, but he has not led police to their bodies. Investigators searched the park in 1994, but found no leads concerning Randy's whereabouts. They have found no evidence that Evans claims are true.

Investigators
If you have any information on this case, please contact:
Kenton County Police Department
Missing Persons Unit
Detective Wayne Wallace
859-392-1940
E-Mail: mailto:wayne.wallace@kentoncounty.org

NCIC Number: M-459537596
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information

The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children

The Doe Network: Case File 14DMKY

Link:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/14dmky.html

Richard said:
Randy Lee Sellers, 17, Missing 16 August 1980 from Visalia, KY...Donald Leroy Evans, a drifter sentenced to death for killing a 10-year-old Mississippi girl, told police he shot Sellers in the head in 1980 and buried him three feet deep at Kincaid Lake State Park in Pendleton County. He claims to have killed dozens of others in dozens of states, but he has not led police to their bodies. Investigators searched the park in 1994, but found no leads concerning Randy's whereabouts. They have found no evidence that Evans claims are true. ...
I am quoting my origional post to add that I was personally involved with the 1994 search of Kincaid Lake State Park.

Kentucky State Police were running the investigation at the time, and they had information from Donald Leroy Evans about Randy's disappearance. A little more about Evans is probably in order.

Evans was from Galveston, Texas. He had been given an Undesirable Discharge from the Marine Corps in 1977 due to his unstable nature and inability to fit in. He then, according to his own admission, began traveling around the country on a killing spree.

He was arrested in Biloxi, Mississippi for the kidnap, rape, and strangulation murder of little 10-year-old Beatrice Routh, a homeless girl whom he took from a beach, with her mother's approval to go see something. When he failed to return with her, the mother notified police. Her description led them to Evans, and eventually he confessed and led them to the little girl's body. He was tried, convicted, and sentenced to death in Mississippi.

Not enjoying his stay on Death Row in Mississippi, Evans decided to begin a series of confessions to other murders across the country, beginning with the unsolved murder of a prostitute in Florida. He gave intimate details of the crime, but police only accepted his confession when he told them to go the closet of the hotel room where the murdered girl was found, turn and face outward, then put your right hand up into the upper corner. That, he said, is where they would find his "signature" of a full hand print. They checked it out, and found a full set of prints, just as he claimed.

He was extradited to Florida where he was again tried and convicted of murder and sentenced to Death. He continued to confess to other murders in FL, IL, and Texas, and eventually expanded his claim to over 60 murders of men and women in other states, including: AL, AZ, CA, ID, CO, WA, WY, SD, MI, PA, KY, NC, SC, and GA. He promised to assist law enforcement officers in locating his victims in return for the death penalty.

Some feel that it was Evans' remorse over killing little Beatrice Routh which caused him to confess. Personally, I believe that he was incapable of anything like remorse, except that he may have been sorry that he got caught. I know that he was actively campaigning for a move from Florida to a Federal Prison in 1994 when he was talking to Kentucky LE about Randy Sellars, and I believe that he was thinking only of himself rather than about any of his victims.

I listened to some of the taped phone interviews that KY state police investigators had with Evans. At times he sounded very sincere, concerned, and "helpfull", while at other times he was an absolute raving mad man, sounding like someone truly possessed by demons. It was chilling to say the least - even when he was relating so calmly and casually what he claimed to have done with his victim. The guy was pure EVIL.

Evans claimed to have been in the KY area for some time. On the night in question, he saw Randy Sellers walking along the road. This was after police had driven Randy home from the fair in the adjacent county. Evans claimed to have driven Randy to Kincaid Lake State Park, and in a secluded/wooded area there shared a beer with him. Evans claimed that he took a .45 Automatic out and shot Randy in the head while he was drinking the beer. He claimed that he next buried the body near the spot where he was killed, by using a piece of sheet metal for a shovel. Later he changed the story slightly, claiming that it was a hasty burial, and that he mainly put brush over the body. Evans described the area in great detail, and even drew a rough map of where to find Randy's body.

Unfortunately, no body and no solid evidence was located at the park. State police used cadaver dogs with no luck. I was requested to fly to Kentucky to attempt to find the grave using my in-ground techniques. Amomalies were found, but digging there produced only a fox den containing the skeleton of a fox and some deer bones.

It was interesting that three different people (including myself and Randy's mother) were taken separately to the park, and each of us immediately was attracted to the same small area. This was before we were shown the map which Evans had drawn.

Evans story was intriguing. The map was a very good rendition of the area, and it was obvious that Evans must have been there, but no body could be located. Fourteen years had passed since Randy Sellers disappearance. It was quite possible that if the body had been only covered with brush, animals and tractor mowers could have scattered the remains. It is also possible that Evans could have returned at a later date to the site and moved any bones to another location.

When LE called Evans back during our search to ask for further information, he got very belligerant, and abusive. I think that he wanted to get a free trip to Kentucky to "help" them look further.

It is quite possible that Evans did kill Randy Sellers, but probably not in exactly the way he described. His stories were slanted to make himself sound like a "macho man". He had claimed to be a Navy Seal, when in actuality he was kicked out of the Marine Corps before serving a whole year. The idea of him killing with a .45 Automatic in a public park sounds (to Evans) like a macho thing to do, but more likely he beat or strangled Randy - just as he did with his known victims. Evans was so self centered, that I can't even imagine him "sharing" a beer with someone else, as he related in his story.

It also seemed to me that he was trying to upset Randy's mother and family because of a request that he relayed to Kentucky investigators to "ask her if he had a fob on his key ring".

Evans was eventually transferred to a Federal Penitentary, but I do not know of any more of his confessed murders being solved, or victims found. He died in prison before he could be executed.

Evans sounds like a classic schizo psychopath. His intimate recall of specific details indicates he relieves the crimes constantly....I would be surprised if he does not have a collection of "souvenirs" somewhere that assisted him in recalling his crimes.

I believe as you do, a creature such as this is incapable of remorse. The only thing he would be sorry for is getting caught (I imagine he had many excuses for his behavior and, at some point, intimated that his mother was at fault?)

Richard said:
I am quoting my origional post to add that I was personally involved with the 1994 search of Kincaid Lake State Park.

Kentucky State Police were running the investigation at the time, and they had information from Donald Leroy Evans about Randy's disappearance. A little more about Evans is probably in order.

Evans was from Galveston, Texas. He had been given an Undesirable Discharge from the Marine Corps in 1977 due to his unstable nature and inability to fit in. He then, according to his own admission, began traveling around the country on a killing spree.

He was arrested in Biloxi, Mississippi for the kidnap, rape, and strangulation murder of little 10-year-old Beatrice Routh, a homeless girl whom he took from a beach, with her mother's approval to go see something. When he failed to return with her, the mother notified police. Her description led them to Evans, and eventually he confessed and led them to the little girl's body. He was tried, convicted, and sentenced to death in Mississippi.

Not enjoying his stay on Death Row in Mississippi, Evans decided to begin a series of confessions to other murders across the country, beginning with the unsolved murder of a prostitute in Florida. He gave intimate details of the crime, but police only accepted his confession when he told them to go the closet of the hotel room where the murdered girl was found, turn and face outward, then put your right hand up into the upper corner. That, he said, is where they would find his "signature" of a full hand print. They checked it out, and found a full set of prints, just as he claimed.

He was extradited to Florida where he was again tried and convicted of murder and sentenced to Death. He continued to confess to other murders in FL, IL, and Texas, and eventually expanded his claim to over 60 murders of men and women in other states, including: AL, AZ, CA, ID, CO, WA, WY, SD, MI, PA, KY, NC, SC, and GA. He promised to assist law enforcement officers in locating his victims in return for the death penalty.

Some feel that it was Evans' remorse over killing little Beatrice Routh which caused him to confess. Personally, I believe that he was incapable of anything like remorse, except that he may have been sorry that he got caught. I know that he was actively campaigning for a move from Florida to a Federal Prison in 1994 when he was talking to Kentucky LE about Randy Sellars, and I believe that he was thinking only of himself rather than about any of his victims.

I listened to some of the taped phone interviews that KY state police investigators had with Evans. At times he sounded very sincere, concerned, and "helpfull", while at other times he was an absolute raving mad man, sounding like someone truly possessed by demons. It was chilling to say the least - even when he was relating so calmly and casually what he claimed to have done with his victim. The guy was pure EVIL.

Evans claimed to have been in the KY area for some time. On the night in question, he saw Randy Sellers walking along the road. This was after police had driven Randy home from the fair in the adjacent county. Evans claimed to have driven Randy to Kincaid Lake State Park, and in a secluded/wooded area there shared a beer with him. Evans claimed that he took a .45 Automatic out and shot Randy in the head while he was drinking the beer. He claimed that he next buried the body near the spot where he was killed, by using a piece of sheet metal for a shovel. Later he changed the story slightly, claiming that it was a hasty burial, and that he mainly put brush over the body. Evans described the area in great detail, and even drew a rough map of where to find Randy's body.

Unfortunately, no body and no solid evidence was located at the park. State police used cadaver dogs with no luck. I was requested to fly to Kentucky to attempt to find the grave using my in-ground techniques. Amomalies were found, but digging there produced only a fox den containing the skeleton of a fox and some deer bones.

It was interesting that three different people (including myself and Randy's mother) were taken separately to the park, and each of us immediately was attracted to the same small area. This was before we were shown the map which Evans had drawn.

Evans story was intriguing. The map was a very good rendition of the area, and it was obvious that Evans must have been there, but no body could be located. Fourteen years had passed since Randy Sellers disappearance. It was quite possible that if the body had been only covered with brush, animals and tractor mowers could have scattered the remains. It is also possible that Evans could have returned at a later date to the site and moved any bones to another location.

When LE called Evans back during our search to ask for further information, he got very belligerant, and abusive. I think that he wanted to get a free trip to Kentucky to "help" them look further.

It is quite possible that Evans did kill Randy Sellers, but probably not in exactly the way he described. His stories were slanted to make himself sound like a "macho man". He had claimed to be a Navy Seal, when in actuality he was kicked out of the Marine Corps before serving a whole year. The idea of him killing with a .45 Automatic in a public park sounds (to Evans) like a macho thing to do, but more likely he beat or strangled Randy - just as he did with his known victims. Evans was so self centered, that I can't even imagine him "sharing" a beer with someone else, as he related in his story.

It also seemed to me that he was trying to upset Randy's mother and family because of a request that he relayed to Kentucky investigators to "ask her if he had a fob on his key ring".

Evans was eventually transferred to a Federal Penitentary, but I do not know of any more of his confessed murders being solved, or victims found. He died in prison before he could be executed.
What a chilling account. Evans sounds truly evil.

Obviously Evans would never have admitted this, but do you think he may have picked Randy up hoping for a sexual encounter? If Randy rebuffed him, called him a *advertiser censored* or some other derogatory term, that could have precipitated the murder. I agree that it seems unlikely he shot Randy, I would think either strangulation or hitting him with something would be more likely.

It's a shame that this boy's body was never found.

The description of him talking about his crimes reminds me of Rader. However it doesn't sound like Evans integrated as well into society though.

Marilynilpa, that is an interesting theory. And certainly would explain the giving him a beer.

Richard said:
...When LE called Evans back during our search to ask for further information, he got very belligerant, and abusive. I think that he wanted to get a free trip to Kentucky to "help" them look further. ...
I mentioned that the police called Evans back during the search, but I should have mentioned that they were actually returning Evans call to them. Evans seemed to know in some way that we were searching that day and he wanted to be sure that we were looking in the right place. It was at that time that the Police investigator told him that we had been digging, and that it was hard to dig in that area because of roots, rocks, and hard soil. We had found nothing promising at that point.

He asked Evans if he had really buried the boy three feet deep as he had earlier claimed. Evans then told them that he only had a piece of sheet metal to dig with and that he mainly used it to scoop up leaves, sticks and brush to cover the body. Quite a change of story. But if true, it may have been the reason that no remains could be found after 14 years.

The Doenetwork has provided a new composite "age progressed" sketch of what Randy Sellers would look like today. Just click on the link below to access it.

-------------------------------
Randy Lee Sellers
Missing since August 16, 1980 from Visalia, Kenton County, Kentucky.
Classification: Non-Family Abduction
Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: September 6, 1962
Age at Time of Diappearance: 17 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'9"; 149 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; hazel eyes.
Marks, Scars, Tattoos: "R" tattoo on left forearm. Scar on right knee. Scar on crown of head. Scar over left eye.
Dentals: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Sellers, a student at an alternative school in Kenton County, was first reported missing on Aug. 17, 1980. The night before he had been to the Kenton County Fair in Independence. At the fair he got into a fight, and police picked him up for disorderly conduct and public intoxication. But instead of taking him all the way home, police dropped the boy off about a mile from his home as a favor. Sellers never arrived at his house; he has not been heard from since that day.

Investigators
If you have any information on this case, please contact:
Kenton County Police Department Missing Persons Unit
Detective Wayne Wallace 859-392-1940
NCIC Number: M-459537596
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
Doenetwork case file 14DMKY

Link:
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/14dmky.html

Found on Zabasearch.com. Could this be him?:

RANDY L SELLERS Born Sep 1962 More Information
2454 DOUBLE ISLAND RD Recorded: Unknown
GREEN MOUNTAIN, NC 28740 County
www.ZabaSearch.com/ZabaWeb - Background Check

2454 DOUBLE ISLAND RD Recorded: Unknown
GREEN MOUNTAIN, NC 28740 County

7320 MAYAPPLE RD Recorded: 08/14/2002
JACKSONVILLE, FL 32211 County

I posted this on the cold case thread, but do you think there is a match between Randy Sellers & DOE 419UMOK?

Hello,

This is my first post, though I've been lurking since December 2003 when Laci Peterson "went missing" (thanks to her rotten husband).

Mooner123, I also see several matches with Randy Sellers and DOE 419umok:
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/419umok.html

Not only do they share very similar descriptions (height, weight, hair color), Randy would be near the estimated age range of DOE 419umok when he was found in 1995. Randy's photo and the reconstruction drawing of DOE 419umok are also very similar. The other match that gets me is the "R" tattoo on the left forearm...

So where was Randy from 1980 to 1995 then? Just happened to get a new life, get a wife, two more tatoos, and then murdered 15 years later? Wouldn't someone have seen him during that time?

bykerladi said:
So where was Randy from 1980 to 1995 then? Just happened to get a new life, get a wife, two more tatoos, and then murdered 15 years later? Wouldn't someone have seen him during that time?
I've heard about more bizarre things than that --especially on websleuths. For someone that doesn't want to be found, it's possible to get a new life. People do it all the time, and, he could've associated with low lifes and that would explain being murdered.

Also, there's no proof that the couple was married. Just because they are wearing matching rings does not mean that they are married. Looking at the lack of quality of his tattoos, (it looks like they are homemade) and where they were found (near railroad), they could've been drifters.

bykerladi said:
It is possible that Randy ran away and "got a new life" that August evening in 1980, but one has to consider the facts in the case. Would a 17 year-old kid who had been drinking and who had no car or money on him suddenly decide to strike out on his own, leaving his home and family without a word, and then never contact them again?

I feel that it is much more likely that he was in fact murdered by serial killer Donald Leroy Evans.

There was no hint as to what had become of Randy after he was dropped off by the police near his home. He had simply "disappeared" and had been missing for years before Evans decided to confess to murdering him. He provided some very detailed information which matched closely to information known only to the police and family.

At the time of Evans' confession, he had already been convicted of two separate murders and was on death row in Florida. He was pure evil, and was only confessing to this and other murders for his own gratification or benefit, but for him to be able to recall the kind of precise details that he did, has to be considered in determining the probable fate of Randy.

Evans is now dead and cannot answer any questions. When he was alive, questioning him was difficult at best, due to his mood swings and personality. While it was obvious that Evans exaggerated and embellished his stories, he was very accurate in many instances, both in this case and in others to which he confessed.

I personally believe that Evans picked up Randy shortly after the police dropped him off, and that they drove to the state park identified by Evans, and that after sharing a beer with Randy, Evans attacked him. I believe that Evans' story about shooting Randy with "a .45 Automatic" was made up to make himself sound more "Macho", and that he more likely killed Randy with his hands or with some other weapon which would not make a noise.

Evans was trying to get transferred from Florida to a Federal Prison, and as such was "negotiating" using information about unsolved crimes as his bargaining chips. He gave detailed information about where he buried Randy, but unfortuanately, no body was ever found. Evans wanted to come to Kentucky to help with the search, but that was denied. It is possible that he intentionally gave false information so that LE would get frustrated and bring him to Kentucky, but that never happened.

Eventually, Evans was transferred to a Federal Prison, where he later died.

Richard said:
It is possible that Randy ran away and "got a new life" that August evening in 1980, but one has to consider the facts in the case. Would a 17 year-old kid who had been drinking and who had no car or money on him suddenly decide to strike out on his own, leaving his home and family without a word, and then never contact them again? .
It would be unusual. I just read another post here from a woman about her missing uncle, William Leon Morris, who had not been seen since the early 1960s. She quoted: "My grandmother firmly believed he would not just "up and leave" his family, and her. My mom comes from a large family and he never contacted anyone. He was only 24, was married, with 4 young children"

lt turned out that he did start a new life was remarried and died in 1995.

Why do people do this?

Richard said:
I feel that it is much more likely that he was in fact murdered by serial killer Donald Leroy Evans.
I agree, but even w/all the info, they still haven't found his body. I don't know what kind of detailed information he gave to LE, but if it so detailed, i think his body should have been found.

Richard said:
I personally believe that Evans picked up Randy shortly after the police dropped him off, and that they drove to the state park identified by Evans, and that after sharing a beer with Randy, Evans attacked him. I believe that Evans' story about shooting Randy with "a .45 Automatic" was made up to make himself sound more "Macho", and that he more likely killed Randy with his hands or with some other weapon which would not make a noise.

It is possible that he intentionally gave false information so that LE would get frustrated and bring him to Kentucky, but that never happened.

Eventually, Evans was transferred to a Federal Prison, where he later died.
He could've confessed to be transferred. I wonder why so many serial killers confess to murders that they don't commit. I was reading about how 60 different people confessed to crimes that they did not commit between 1973-1998. You should read the article from the S.F. Examiner, written by Seth Rosenfield called "Anatomy of a False Murder Confession". I don't understand why people do this, but it happens all the time.

Also, I have a hard time understanding why Randy didn't just go home instead of going with a total stranger. Just to share a beer in the park? That sounds odd to me.

mooner123 said:
... even w/all the info, they still haven't found his body. I don't know what kind of detailed information he gave to LE, but if it so detailed, i think his body should have been found....

He could've confessed to be transferred. I wonder why so many serial killers confess to murders that they don't commit. ... Also, I have a hard time understanding why Randy didn't just go home instead of going with a total stranger. Just to share a beer in the park? That sounds odd to me.
Your questions are good ones. I can answer those about some of the details that he gave, but have a harder time trying to make any sense of Evans and his mindset.

Evans stated that he was traveling through the area and that he saw Randy hitchhiking on the road near his house - the same road on which the police had left him. Police, in conducting their missing person investigation, found that there had been nobody home when Randy would have arrived. They stated that there were footprints around the home and near a stream, which they concluded may have been made by Randy.

So it is possible that Randy actually walked the short distance from the county line (where he was let out of the police car) to his home, and finding it locked, may have decided to hitch-hike back to the fair - or perhaps to a friend's house. Thus, he would have been back on the road when Evans chanced to drive by. Randy's motivation in getting into the car would have been simply to hitch a ride, and Evans took over at that point.

Evans was a very disturbed individual. Most of the time, he was a raving lunitic, while there were times when he could sound lucid, normal and very sincere. He had a tendancy to tell stories which made him (at least in his mind) look better than he was. For instance, he had been discharged from the Navy for personality disorders after less than a year of service. Evans, however, claimed to have been a Marine and a Navy Seal at different times.

Evans narrative of events which had taken place some 14 years before matched closely with details of Randy's last night, and the initial confession was offered by him to Florida officials. It was related to the Kentucky State Police, who subsequently questioned Evans by phone. While not the best way to conduct an interview, I don't think that KSP "fed" Evans any facts to embellish his confession. I listened to some of the tapes of those interviews, and Evans came up with various details on his own (when he was lucid and not raving).

Some of the kinds of details that he gave were to accurately describe a key ring with a "fob" that Randy always carried. From memory, Evans drew an accurate map of the park and the area where he claimed to have killed Randy. The park was very close to Randy's home. I was at the place and the map did match very closely to various landmarks. It was obvious that Evans had indeed been to that park - probably on more than one occasion. If he was fabricating the story, he must have begun the fabrication in 1980, rather than in 1994. This was before any kind of internet websites or any publication of details of Randy's disappearance.

I was on site and actually did some of the searching and digging in an attempt to locate Randy's body. An anomally which seemed promising turned out to be a very large rock buried about 3 feet down. Another area of interest was a fox den, which produced the skeleton of a fox and some bone fragments. The fragments were tested, but proved to be those of a deer, not human remains.

Evans had origionally claimed that the grave was over 3 feet deep, and that he had dug it using a piece of sheet metal he found. When no grave could be found, the investigating officers spoke with him again by phone and Evans changed his story to say that he had simply covered the body with dirt and brush.

It is possible that the body may have been destroyed by 14 years of mowing and the effects of elements and time. It is also possible that Evans returned to the site and moved the remains. Evans wanted to come to Kentucky to assist in the search, but that was not granted. It is possible that we were slightly off in location, and also possible that Evans intentionally lied about the grave location.

Why would a serial killer lie about committing a murder that he did not commit? That is a hard one, and my answer is only speculative. There may be a number of reasons. I think the main one would be that he wants to boost his standing in prison by inflating his "score". It is also possible that he is confessing to a crime because the actual killer has paid him to take the heat for it. It is also possible that he is only doing so to get out of further interrogation by aggressive investigators. Maybe also to play games with the interrogators.

With Evans, I think that he was telling basically the truth (that he did in fact kill Randy) but with some exaggeration and misinformation thrown in. He was trying to get some priviledges like cigarrettes, and a transfer to a Federal Prison - but I don't think that a simple confession (unsubstantiated) without a body would have gotten him such a deal. He was upset when we could not find the body.

Thanks for the info, Richard. It makes a lot of sense, BUT, I emailed the Det. handling the case and the Doe Network anyway --just in case. The letter "R" tattoo on a specific location of the body (left forearm) from a missing person and the letter "R" tattoo on the left forearm of an unidentified murder victim is definitely worth investigating. It also helps that they look alike.

The Cincinnati news did a story on this tonight. I am from the area and have heard a lot about it over the years. I thought some of you may appreciate the link... They really didn't offer any new info, other than to say that the new detective on the case has found a new witness to seeing the police drop Randy off (versus the local theories that the police killed him).

http://www.wkrc.com/News/Local/story.aspx?content_id=84CBC382-ACA5-48FA-8D67-323DE2C48868

mooner123 said:
Thanks for the info, Richard. It makes a lot of sense, BUT, I emailed the Det. handling the case and the Doe Network anyway --just in case. The letter "R" tattoo on a specific location of the body (left forearm) from a missing person and the letter "R" tattoo on the left forearm of an unidentified murder victim is definitely worth investigating. It also helps that they look alike.
If you are still here mooner123, have you heard anything about the email you sent (any response)? I am just reading this case now, I think the tatoo is worth looking into.

Also, Richard, have any television crime shows had the story of Evans? MSNBC used to do a lot of shows delving into the mind of serial killers, it just seems like I have either read about him somewhere or saw something about him... just curious.

Boyz_Mum said:
...Also, Richard, have any television crime shows had the story of Evans? MSNBC used to do a lot of shows delving into the mind of serial killers, it just seems like I have either read about him somewhere or saw something about him... just curious.
Evans is dead now, having died while in a Federal Prison. I do not know much more about him, other than what I have written here. He is listed in an "Encyclopedia of Serial Killers" book, and on similar type websites.

He was convicted of only two murders, to my knowledge:
a ten-year-old girl in Gulfport, Mississippi and a prostitute in Florida. He confessed to a lot of other murders as well, but a lot of what he told investigators could not be proven or checked out.

Is it possible that Evans did come across Randy that night, gave him a ride to somewhere else, fanatasized about killing him, but really didn't? Maybe Randy overpowered him and got away? Maybe there was no struggle at all.

I also think it's entirely possible that Randy may have wanted to "run away" that night. It said that he was in an alternative school (maybe he was mentally challenged or because of behavior problems) and getting into trouble once again may have spelled big trouble for him. He obviously didn't want to be seen getting out of a police car in front of his house.

Do we know anything about his family?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn
Back