GA - Carol Marlin, Margaret Ginn & Kasi Peek, murdered, Cobb County, 1996 & 2005

concernedperson

Former Member
Reaction score
The estranged husband of a Smyrna woman found shot to death in October can't collect on her $500,00 life insurance policy, a court has ruled.

The court filings leading to that decision also provides new details about the hours leading up to the discovery of her body.

The family of Kasi Peek won a temporary court order Friday preventing John Peek from collecting on his wife's policy or any of her other assets until a wrongful death lawsuit against him is heard.

On October 2, John Peek called 911 and said he had discovered his wife's body in her Smyrna condominium. Two weeks later, Peek was in jail charged with murder---but not in his wife's death.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/cobb/1105/10metpeek.html

A marry 'em, insure 'em, kill 'em kind of guy.
Wonder how many wives he thought he could get by with knocking off?

I'm glad the latest's family has blocked him from collecting. I noticed he was already working on another one.

mysteriew said:

Two for sure. I hope is charged soon with Kasi's death. Notice the size of the insurance policies.....700,000 and 500,000 dollars!

concernedperson said:
Two for sure. I hope is charged soon with Kasi's death. Notice the size of the insurance policies.....700,000 and 500,000 dollars!

He must have lived well, he collected on the first wife didn't he?

mysteriew said:
He must have lived well, he collected on the first wife didn't he?

A wrongful death suit forced him relinguish a large portion of the $700,000 but it doesn't say how much. I would say he definately gets around. Creep!

mysteriew said:

I'm surprised at just how many guys like him are out there. Maybe it's just that we are saturated with daily stories about this sort of thing, but it seems like every time I turn on the TV, there's a story about a husband who has killed one or more wives. And usually, he uses the same method each time.

I can see how the family of the wife might not put things together...but what about his family? Yet another hot tub accident, or a fall down the stairs...or whatever the case. How many funerals can his family attend before they begin to wonder what's going on....

Police filed new charges Friday night against a Cobb County man accused of killing his common-law wife and friend nine years ago.

John Peek now faces murder charges for the October shooting death of his estranged wife, Kasi.

Peek made a brief first appearance before a judge Friday night, handcuffed and in a prison jumpsuit.

Peek’s next court date is December 9 -- a probable cause hearing for the 1996 case.
http://www.11alive.com/rss/article.aspx?storyid=72736

Update:

Cobb Man Admits Killing Wife, Two Others

A Cobb County man plead guilty Friday to killing three women.

In a plea deal John Peek admitted murdering his 44-year old estranged wife, Kasi, back in October, 2005, and his common-law wife, Carol Marlin, and her friend Margaret Ginn in 1996.

WSBTV

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back