NC - James Michaux, 7 mos, tortured to death, High Point, 15 May 2003

less0305

The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember m
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
This poor child was tortured during his short little life and the news articles surrounding this case literally made me sick to my stomach. I'll try to post a few links here. He was found guilty and received life in prison without possiblity of parole. I'd have killed him had he been my husband.

Serita Mabe Michaux, 24, has agreed to co-operate in the case against James Franklin Michaux, 28, in exchange for lesser charges in her own case, according to records at the Guilford County courthouse in High Point.

Police began investigating the couple shortly after the May 15, 2003, death of 7-month-old James Tyler Michaux in the family's home at 8409 Rosehaven Drive.
The woman first gave a statement to police when she was arrested Oct. 1.

In the statement, Serita Michaux claimed she witnessed her husband make a number of attacks on the boy between Sept. 28, 2002, and May 15, 2003.

They include:

Holding the child's nose to keep him from breathing;

Pressing a knee into the child's lower abdomen;

Hitting the infant about the body with a remote control;

Burning the heel of the boy's right foot with a cigarette;

"Squeezing (James) around his stomach area to the extent that (his) hemorrhoids were exposed;" and

Using a needle and thread in an attempt to sew injuries to the infant's rectum.

Prosecutors said Monday that the trial is expected to occur within the next several months.

Serita Michaux will remain in custody until she testifies at trial, records show.

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=14238138&BRD=1332&PAG=461&dept_id=414366&rfi=6&xb=ninih

http://news.yahoo.com/s/wxii/200511...y_dx0QC;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

HIGH POINT -- After four hours of deliberation, jurors found a High Point man guilty Tuesday of first-degree murder and felony child abuse in the death of his 7-month-old son.

James Franklin Michaux was sentenced to life in prison without the chance for parole.

http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage

According to testimony of the wife, this monster burned this poor child's ears and feet with cigarettes, he beat his fingers and hand with a remote control until the remote control broke into pieces, he squeezed his body until his bowels were coming out, he tried to sew that up with a needle and thread, he choked him and beat him repeatedly over his 7 month life. She saw him choking the little baby that very night of his death, but returned to the kitchen to continue her chores. According to the wife the always replied to her that he was his child and he'd do to him whatever he wanted to do. Testimony from psychiatrist stated she was a victim of domestic violence and abuse and had mild retardation. She was found guilty of knowledge of the abuse and will serve about one to two years, I believe. It was incredibly sickening and heartbreaking to follow this story.

I had to come back twice to finish that post because it was just too much. I don't even have the words needed to express how angry I am.

Jeana (DP) said:
I had to come back twice to finish that post because it was just too much. I don't even have the words needed to express how angry I am.
Ditto, Jeana! Rooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!! How can this even allowed to be? My days of tolerence, understanding, love and peace are over ....

And the mother got manslaughter? He got life? And we call this justice?

Reading that got me nauseated. That poor baby...it is too bad we don't get to choose our parents. Just think of how little abuse there would be in the world.

Greywing said:
Ditto, Jeana! Rooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!! How can this even allowed to be? My days of tolerence, understanding, love and peace are over ....

And the mother got manslaughter? He got life? And we call this justice?

People say that those of us (ME) who support the death penalty want vengence. In cases like this one, that is EXACTLY what I want.
:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

Jeana (DP) said:
People say that those of us (ME) who support the death penalty want vengence. In cases like this one, that is EXACTLY what I want.
:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:
Me too ... Perhaps I will feel this case was resolved with JUSTICE if the father is treated with the same tender loving care in prison that he showed his son.

You all just can't imagine how I reacted every day reading the newspaper accounts all these months!! Of course, none of the really horrible details came out until the mother testified. We knew it was bad with bruising, broken bones, burns and choking to death - but the stuff he would do to this baby that didn't make the papers all those months just made me sick to my stomach. I would start reading the newspaper articles and have to stop in the middle and nearly vomit, cry a little, and swear I couldn't read the rest. But it would get the better of me and I'd pick up the paper a few hours later and finish reading the articles. I swear if I had been that mother I would have killed that man in his sleep and I promise you after all that came out - she probably would have gotten off easier than she did waiting until he was dead and months and months later agreeing to testify against the *advertiser censored*.

These kids were taken away from this monster once, but were returned to them. Then they moved to a neighboring county to continue their abuse. I hope the *advertiser censored**hole gets what's coming to him in prison!!!!

We've all heard a baby's cries and knew we HAD to pick up the baby and do whatever we could to make the baby feel better and stop crying. The thought what a baby would sound like when some monster took needle and thread to "sew up his anus" reduces me to a pile of emotion and I don't normally cry. There is no soul in something that could DO THAT to a baby. The fact that these evil sons of *advertiser censored* will live to see tomorrow makes me angrier than I've ever been before.

This is a death penalty case if I ever saw one. This man has no conscience at all and I wonder if the mother does. How could someone go back to their chores while their infant is being tortured??

SewingDeb said:
This is a death penalty case if I ever saw one. This man has no conscience at all and I wonder if the mother does. How could someone go back to their chores while their infant is being tortured??

I couldn't!! I'd have done the "burning bed" number on him after he went to sleep at night!!!

This probably isn't the time for any "funny" stories, but this may tell you my mindset when it comes to protecting my children.

Years ago, I was on the front porch and saw my then 12-year old son running down the block like he was trying to outrun a nuclear blast. LOL Seconds later, I saw about 5 other boys not too far behind him. I could tell that he was scared to death. My first instinct was to pick up the baseball bat that I saw in the grass and run down to find out which one of those kids I needed to hit first. LOL Luckily, my son made it into the house and the boys, seeing me there ready to do battle, decided to turn back.

Last New Year's Eve, although that same son is now 25 years old, I got between him and a dunk guy in a bar. LOL

Once you've got the "mother bear instinct," NOTHING takes it out of you - NOT even getting abuse from your husband. We escaped that too.

I hope the next story I read on this guy is one that includes how he slipped and fell in the shower in prison and died.The birth machine needs to be spayed and and kept away from society.
I'm offended with the reference to "mildly retarded"..as tho that's somehow supposed to explain/excuse her. I have met and interacted with many mild and not so mild "retarded"people in doing my former job. Each and everyone of these folks had a compassion and love for any/all things living that many so called "bright" people do not.They also seemed to be extremely sensitive to helpless living creatures...be it a puppy or child, crying in the office because it needed a diaper change.
I don't understand why he didn't get the DP. I don't understand her short sentence either.

That poor child, Im hoping that he at some time felt loved. Why oh why cant people who dont want their children just give them to someone who does. No questions asked. Just give these precious children to someone who wants them...So many of us would have provided a very loving home to these unwanted children.

I have no patience for people like this. The stories are never ending, every day another one. These sick people in our society is breaking my heart.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back