1233 users online (276 members and 957 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Colorado City Hall - Evacuated

ARVADA, Colorado (AP) -- City Hall was evacuated and a bomb squad called in after a car carrying at least one propane tank was parked near the building and the driver ran away, officials in this Denver suburb said.

The driver left the car near an entrance leading to police headquarters and fled carrying a duffel bag, said city spokeswoman Maria VanderKolk.

VanderKolk said the Jefferson County bomb squad was treating the situation "very, very seriously." She said she did not know whether the car contained other devices or wires.

VanderKolk said the car was discovered shortly before 7 a.m., when only a handful of people were in the building, mostly in the police offices. She did not know how many people were evacuated.

The driver of the vehicle was at large, she said.

No homes were evacuated, but nearby residents were alerted by phone, police spokeswoman Susan Medina said.

www.cnn.com

Interesting as there is something going on in Boulder too .... my husband just called me as his building there has been evacuated! Traffic is even being turned back ...

Here's a link to the front page of the Rocky Mountain News. Both stories are there:

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/

I'm checking the Denver stations for a link if they're updated.
    http://www.9news.com/acm_news.aspx?O...7-c589c01ca7bf

Doesn't seem if there are any current updates.

Looks like the Boulder incident is fumes from a factory causing the evacuations and road closings.