Grinch, Santa, Other Inflatables Stolen

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
NEW CITY, N.Y. - The Grinch stole Christmas, and now someone has stolen the Grinch.

An 8-foot-tall, inflatable decoration in the form of the title character from Dr. Seuss' "How The Grinch Stole Christmas" disappeared from a yard in New City over the weekend and police say there have been several thefts of the new balloon-like ornaments this season.

Clarkstown police Sgt. Harry Baumann said eight to 10 of the decorations - which come in models including a snowman, Santa Claus, a polar bear and Winnie the Pooh - have been taken since Dec. 1.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/apfeature_story.asp?category=1120&slug=Grinch Pinched

I can see that taking place. Around where we live, several of the houses all Participate in the December house decoration contest. This is something everyone looks forward to all year long, but it never fails, every year, Neighbors steal other Neighbors lights...snowmen....whatever and put them up in their own yards. Then after the contest is over...they some how reappear back in their own yards. It's quite funny if you think about it!

Last year our neighbors had an inflatable toy soldier stolen from their front yard and they drove around for days searching for him. This year they have an inflatable snowman. And he glows bright and smiles out to our street every night from their roof! lol!

superfries... how big are these things?

It must be pretty sad to be driving around searching for your stolen inflatable :( I wonder how they would know it was theirs? Do they have serial numbers or something??

Most dont have serial numbers, unless you count the select few that still have the USB Barcode numbers. Even then, most of them would either be the same numbers or just printed on the boxes. Just imagine....moving everything from the yard...to the roof! Not a bad idea. If they wanted it bad enough to go on my roof, then more power to them!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back