840 users online (108 members and 732 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

MI - Marvie Gardner, 3, Detroit, 20 Oct 2016 *Arrest*

He was reportedly last seen just after 12 a.m. at his home in the 19300 block of Winston Street, near 7 Mile and Telegraph roads.

Reports indicate the child might have been taken by a family acquaintance but at this point, an Amber Alert has not been issued.
    http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2016/10/...its-west-side/

The mother of the child says a man named Michael may have him. She refers to the man as an acquaintance.

http://www.fox47news.com/news/detroi...ing-3-year-old

We're told family members believe the boy was taken by a family acquaintance. That person is also believed to have left behind a cryptic note about the child being taken.

Marvie is about 2 feet tall and weighs about 30 lbs. He has short braids in his hair, and was wearing an orange and gray short sleeved shirt and pull ups when he went missing.
    http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/loca...12619479-story

The note:

The mother told Local 4 that a note was left behind and believes a family friend took the child. The mother found a note from the suspected kidnapper. The note reads:
    Get my baby!! Will Contact. Done Play'n Let's Play"

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/3...oits-west-side

This little cutie is breaking my heart. Please let him be ok.

The boy’s mother, Latoya Spears, told WWJ’s Mike Campbell she thinks her son was taken by a man who asked to used her phone Wednesday night.

“He came upstairs to use my phone and he never left,” she said. “He stayed upstairs, he was using my phone. After he fell asleep, I didn’t fall asleep until after 2 o’clock. I didn’t get up until after 5:30 this morning and noticed that him and my baby was missing.”

I can't even comment on this. What in the world? She let a stranger in to use her phone then went to sleep? Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post

I can't even comment on this. What in the world? She let a stranger in to use her phone then went to sleep? Huh?
    I hope not. It said he was an acquaintance, so I was reading it like maybe he's her downstairs neighbor or something. Idk, but I'm scared for little Marvie. The guy who wrote that note seems to be a little off.
    MOO

Quote Originally Posted by SweetCaroline View Post
    I hope not. It said he was an acquaintance, so I was reading it like maybe he's her downstairs neighbor or something. Idk, but I'm scared for little Marvie. The guy who wrote that note seems to be a little off.
    Sorry, I should have also quoted this from that same link:

Spears said she doesn’t know the man or his name, but he is apparently acquainted with the owner of the home.

So I'm thinking he claimed to know the person she rents from or something and she let him in to use her phone?

Is now an Amber Alert:

Missing child/abduction: Marvie Gardner, black male, 3 years. Possibly taken by, Michael, 19 year old black male, dark complexion, 5 feet 3 inches and 160 pounds. May be in the area of Schoolcraft and Biltmore. Child taken from 19335 Winston in Detroit. Possible suspect vehicle, 1998 purple Plymouth Voyager with Michigan registration of CMB-3125. If seen contact Detroit Police, 8th Prct at 313-596-5800 or call 911.
    http://www.missingkids.com/poster/AM...96/9534/screen
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    - Audrey Hepburn

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    - Audrey Hepburn

I. Don't. Believe. This. B. S. Story. Sorry. You go to sleep after letting a stranger fall asleep upstairs in your home where your baby is? Come.on. I read this book already. Were drugs involved?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ninij9 View Post
    I. Don't. Believe. This. B. S. Story. Sorry. You go to sleep after letting a stranger fall asleep upstairs in your home where your baby is? Come.on. I read this book already. Were drugs involved?

Drugs is the only thing that makes sense to me. Who needs to let an unknown man in to use the phone? I would let him make the call outside. Even most people who still have house phones have cordless ones.
    And if it is 2 AM and the man I invited in to use the phone because he was acquainted with the home owner is still there, I would ask him to leave instead of letting him sleep there and going to sleep myself. That's just how things work in my world though, I don't understand what happened here at all.....
    I just..I can't...this baby better be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by ninij9 View Post

I'm with you. I'm not buying this story.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot !!!! Can we say the hinky meter needle is buried?!

What a little baby doll. I'm going to be running around all day , but will definitely be checking in. ..so TIA to anyone who posts updates!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast