1120 users online (190 members and 930 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

IL - Nyameka Amanda Bell, 33, Evanston, February 2016

Police: Evanston woman missing since February

Evanston*police are seeking help from the community locating a woman reported missing by her husband in September.

According to a Thursday police statement, the husband of Nyameka Amanda Bell, 33, said Bell left their residence in November 2015 and that he has not heard from her since.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburb...020-story.html

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

From link above:

Evanston police detectives have spoken with acquaintances of Bell, who reportedly have not heard from or seen her since February 2016. Police said Bell is originally from South Africa, and that her relatives there said they hadn't heard from her since around February 2016, either.

After checking with Bell's last known employer, detectives learned she never picked up her last paycheck, according to the statement. Detectives also have checked credit card, banking and cellphone records, as well as vehicle and travel information, and have been unsuccessful finding leads to help locate Bell.

Somewhere Remote, Beautiful, and Peaceful in Illinois.
    Now this one is disturbing. She went missing for about 5 months before he reports her missing.
    Evanston PD are either keeping this TOO close to the vest or they somehow don't think the husband was involved.
    She simply disappeared. Credit Cards, Phone, Job, Paycheck, Vehicle tags, Everything expired, nothing used, nothing taken.
    She just vanished. In Evanston where crime really is low especially for someone like this victim.
    She is not reported in NAMUS. No further reports about her disappearance.
    Am I missing something here?
    ~ Giving Up Is Defined as Failure. ~

Semantics: Was she 'reported missing by her husband' OR reported missing in September according to her husband?

Because I suspect it's the latter. But I'm just a naturally suspicious person (and WS doesn't help )
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill