651 users online (71 members and 580 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

TX - Ricardo 'Ritchie' Martinez, 31, El Paso, 30 Oct 2015

Man missing for a year; police beginning to suspect foul play

The police department's Crimes Against Persons Unit continues its search for 31-year old Ricardo Martinez, reported missing Friday, October 30, 2015.
    Martinez left his home to go for a walk to nearby businesses on El Paso's Eastside and was never heard from again, police said.
    http://www.kvia.com/crime/man-missin...lay/128507307#
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/31638/6
    Here's Ricardo's NamUs profile. This poor man vanished just about a mile away from me. There is literally no more info than what you posted, los. Right before Ricardo went missing, I had what I thought was a strange experience. Long story short, I passed a disabled man on the side of a busy street. I turned around to get this guy some assistance (he looked disoriented) but before I got to him, not one but TWO cars picked him up and drove him farther down the street. I followed and finally met up with him, called the police who were going to take him home. Maybe El Pasoans are just extremely friendly and I'm the odd one, but giving a stranger a ride seemed weird to me. Point being, when Ricardo disappeared I mentioned the above to one of his sisters on FB. I think it's very possible that Ricardo got a ride from someone and then couldn't find his way home. He had apparently told his family before that he wanted to go to the mountains (approximately a 20 minute drive from here). I also sent them a link to NamUs and explained what it was. What I wish I had mentioned is Texas Equusearch. He's been gone for almost a year now. I think of Ricardo and his family every day. It's time for him to come home.
    Thanks for this and all you do, los.
    I guess I should add that a lot of this is MOO
    Last edited by LaborOfLobe; 10-20-2016 at 10:09 PM.

More photos of Ricardo from NamUs, link above.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lighting a candle for Ricardo tonight. One whole year now.