1033 users online (146 members and 887 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 109
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,169
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredscheierl View Post
    If only I could have identified him

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    You DID IDENTIFY HIM......as a young boy....you had the nerve and the courage to identify him by your very descriptions to LE...despite his threat to kill you if you identified him.....that in itself is courageous-you could have kept quiet. You may have not pinpointed him directly in a lineup....but your COURAGE to SPEAK UP.....SPEAKS VOLUMES....BRAVERY. You are as a Man and were as a Boy....very BRAVE. Because of you the case was ultimately solved.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,169
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
    Don't do that to yourself�� I don't know you, and you don't know me, however at that time..you were a INNOCENT CHILD!
    If this comment is meant to be nothing but sarcasm..( your emoji doesn't show on Tapatalk )
    I get it..from your perspective, yet it makes me sad and pisses me off even more that ANYone had the mindset from the get go..to look to YOU ( be it blame, answers, or otherwise ) in the first place! As a MOTHER, and a SURVIVOR..I can't fathom trying to justify putting ANY amount of pressure on a CHILD that's been through such trauma..10 years ago..25 years ago.. or the next day, period.


    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Fair enough, and well spoken. It ultimately resolves itself to Survivor's Guilt. Many war veterans experience the same thing. Why were Jared, Aaron, Trevor spared the same fate?
    Last edited by cGorg; 11-21-2016 at 03:00 AM.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Pure Michigan
    Posts
    2,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch321 View Post
    Looks like the Wetterlings are writing the same story I have been-

    'POLICE DID ALL THEY COULD’

    Heinrich, who took Jacob less than a mile from his home in St. Joseph, was questioned in 1989 and 1990 about the boy’s disappearance, but he denied any involvement. The Wetterlings said Tuesday that police did all they could at the time.

    “He was investigated really strongly back in January of 1990, and we were aware of that investigation,” Jerry Wetterling said. “But they didn’t have anything evidentiary to arrest him.”

    “Had he not told us where Jacob was, I don’t know that we ever would have found Jacob,” Patty Wetterling said. “It wasn’t a matter of not being aggressive enough. You can feel somebody might be guilty, but how much can you legally do? They followed him. They did all kinds of work trying to catch him, or get him to talk, circling the wagons around him, but they had nothing until the search warrant when they got him on pornography.”

    http://www.twincities.com/2016/10/11...-question-why/
    Well..pat yourself on the back and let's move on..

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Addicted

    Lurking or sleuthing, at all hours of the day & night, many times falling asleep with phone in hand/laptop in lap

    Will NOT be held liable for the following:

    Paragraph Structure
    Grammar
    Appropriate Language
    Using Contractions Correctly
    Correct use of Acronyms ( should I attempt them )
    Punctuation
    Falling asleep mid response


    *terms subject to change without notice*

  4. #64
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Pure Michigan
    Posts
    2,180
    Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    Would the public have continued to pay for following Heinrich? Would it be legal to keep following him?
    Not sure it was " legal " to put DR through all that he went through, yet..
    Quote Originally Posted by TCBadger View Post
    If it weren't for you, Jacob's case would still be unsolved. I have so much respect for all you've done.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Addicted

    Lurking or sleuthing, at all hours of the day & night, many times falling asleep with phone in hand/laptop in lap

    Will NOT be held liable for the following:

    Paragraph Structure
    Grammar
    Appropriate Language
    Using Contractions Correctly
    Correct use of Acronyms ( should I attempt them )
    Punctuation
    Falling asleep mid response


    *terms subject to change without notice*

  5. #65
    ELOCsoul's Avatar
    ELOCsoul is offline Verified Author - "Finding Jacob Wetterling"
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Midwest USA
    Posts
    1,332
    Nice article about the In The Dark podcast series

    https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...der-registries

  6. #66
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Pure Michigan
    Posts
    2,180
    Quote Originally Posted by ELOCsoul View Post
    Nice article about the In The Dark podcast series

    https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...der-registries
    " Stearns County had investigated crimes more heinous than the Wetterling abduction, and botched it every time "

    Interesting...

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Addicted

    Lurking or sleuthing, at all hours of the day & night, many times falling asleep with phone in hand/laptop in lap

    Will NOT be held liable for the following:

    Paragraph Structure
    Grammar
    Appropriate Language
    Using Contractions Correctly
    Correct use of Acronyms ( should I attempt them )
    Punctuation
    Falling asleep mid response


    *terms subject to change without notice*

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    16,293
    Quote Originally Posted by ELOCsoul View Post
    Nice article about the In The Dark podcast series

    https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...der-registries
    Two things-- can't get on board with Patty's forgiving of pervs.

    The Jodi Arias case a digital lynch mob? Hm. The author must have missed the carnage she did

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    16,293
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
    " Stearns County had investigated crimes more heinous than the Wetterling abduction, and botched it every time "

    Interesting...

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    There were different Sheriff's and personnel over the years.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    20
    I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, but an update episode was released today: http://www.apmreports.org/story/2016...he-dark-update

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    16,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojak81 View Post
    I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, but an update episode was released today: http://www.apmreports.org/story/2016...he-dark-update
    Cannot listen. I read the text and it says Heinrich imdicates he may have had more victims, Does the podcast elaborate on that?


  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,412
    In a case like this where there was no forensic evidence, the interrogation is the best shot LE has. The hope is that the perp will either confess or trip himself up. Heinrich didn't. I do not fault anyone for failing to get him.

    The question of why they went after DR is the real question to me. The Dark podcast makes a pretty good case that the Sterns Co. Sheriffs Dept in general and Sheriff Sanner in particular are completely incompetent. I am not so quick to write this off as simple misfeasance. In two relatively high profile US False Conviction cases there was what might be called " bad blood" between the original investigators and those who got the convictions ( that were later reversed after DNA evidence was checked). I suspect that both cases may have been the result of law enforcement officers being willing to send some innocent man to prison in order to make a rival law enforcement officer look bad. This would be as egregious abuse of power of as you can get.

    I have no reason to believe this is the case in this situation. I am not privy to the inter workings of the original investigation. Of course Sanner wanted to get reelected but the harassment of DR could have backfired. and no charges were ever filed against DR but

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    16,293
    Quote Originally Posted by kemo View Post
    In a case like this where there was no forensic evidence, the interrogation is the best shot LE has. The hope is that the perp will either confess or trip himself up. Heinrich didn't. I do not fault anyone for failing to get him.

    The question of why they went after DR is the real question to me. The Dark podcast makes a pretty good case that the Sterns Co. Sheriffs Dept in general and Sheriff Sanner in particular are completely incompetent. I am not so quick to write this off as simple misfeasance. In two relatively high profile US False Conviction cases there was what might be called " bad blood" between the original investigators and those who got the convictions ( that were later reversed after DNA evidence was checked). I suspect that both cases may have been the result of law enforcement officers being willing to send some innocent man to prison in order to make a rival law enforcement officer look bad. This would be as egregious abuse of power of as you can get.

    I have no reason to believe this is the case in this situation. I am not privy to the inter workings of the original investigation. Of course Sanner wanted to get reelected but the harassment of DR could have backfired. and no charges were ever filed against DR but
    In your hypothetical, who would be the LE and what would be the gain? The big dig was in 2010 and nothing happened. Was Sanner up for reelection then?

    I wonder about the DR claims of being harrassed for years. Did anyone have a clue about him before 2010? There were lots of false things sent in about the Wetterlings, I am sure. We know there were the Stearns Truth Tapes which were focused on some other people. There was Hollinger. And Hart. I wonder if there were a lot of tips sent in about DR?

  13. #73
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Pure Michigan
    Posts
    2,180
    Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    In your hypothetical, who would be the LE and what would be the gain? The big dig was in 2010 and nothing happened. Was Sanner up for reelection then?

    I wonder about the DR claims of being harrassed for years. Did anyone have a clue about him before 2010? There were lots of false things sent in about the Wetterlings, I am sure. We know there were the Stearns Truth Tapes which were focused on some other people. There was Hollinger. And Hart. I wonder if there were a lot of tips sent in about DR?
    Good question, the DR question.
    Personally, I think DR has been nothing but honest.
    I don't think he would fabricate such things. He's been hurt, violated, as were his parents. ( and 2010-2016.. those are years &#128521
    JMO

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Addicted

    Lurking or sleuthing, at all hours of the day & night, many times falling asleep with phone in hand/laptop in lap

    Will NOT be held liable for the following:

    Paragraph Structure
    Grammar
    Appropriate Language
    Using Contractions Correctly
    Correct use of Acronyms ( should I attempt them )
    Punctuation
    Falling asleep mid response


    *terms subject to change without notice*

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    16,293
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
    Good question, the DR question.
    Personally, I think DR has been nothing but honest.
    I don't think he would fabricate such things. He's been hurt, violated, as were his parents. ( and 2010-2016.. those are years ��)
    JMO

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    He is claimng being harrassed before 2010. Who even knew who he was before 2010? I suppose people in the area, but anyone else?

  15. #75
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Pure Michigan
    Posts
    2,180
    Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    He is claimng being harrassed before 2010. Who even knew who he was before 2010? I suppose people in the area, but anyone else?
    I see, I'm not sure on that one dear..great question for a local, maybe?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Addicted

    Lurking or sleuthing, at all hours of the day & night, many times falling asleep with phone in hand/laptop in lap

    Will NOT be held liable for the following:

    Paragraph Structure
    Grammar
    Appropriate Language
    Using Contractions Correctly
    Correct use of Acronyms ( should I attempt them )
    Punctuation
    Falling asleep mid response


    *terms subject to change without notice*

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Rippercast Podcast looks at LISK
    By sekaer in forum LISK CLOSED General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-21-2016, 09:01 PM
  2. CarlK and a Fascinating New Podcast Series
    By Tricia in forum Cold Cases
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-19-2016, 09:40 AM

Tags for this Thread