MN - Firefighter in Minnesota called to fatal car crash finds teenage son dead

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Volunteer firefighter in Minnesota called to fatal car crash finds teenage son dead in wreck: 'I dropped to my knees'
firefighter22n-3-web.jpg

A volunteer firefighter in Minnesota was called to a fatal car crash only to find that his teenage son had died in the wreck.

Randy Peterson had been unable to reach 16-year-old Carter on Sunday night and sensed something was wrong as he raced to the scene in Borup.

"Seeing the car on fire and the rims, I knew [it was my son]," Peterson told the Star Tribune on Thursday. "I dropped to my knees. I was a mess. Another member of the crew just held me."

Carter Peterson had dropped off his girlfriend and was headed home to Ada when he was broadsided by a pickup truck at an intersection. Alcohol was detected in the other driver's system, according to State Patrol. The 20-year-old North Dakota man was not seriously hurt.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-scene-finds-son-dead-wreck-article-1.2839723

I can't even imagine how awful this is for the father and family. Terribly sad and senseless.

We have some common friends on FB. I'm so heartbroken for this man and his family.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Rest gently, Carter !

So sorry for his family, especially Randy ! :(

I have no words....

:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RIP Carter- prayers for all who loved you.

This happens more than people realize, and it's incredibly heartbreaking for a first responder and the entire company. Many years ago, a young woman in our VFD was on a call where her husband (also a volunteer) was the victim of a freak accident. I assume it's the smaller towns that see most of these situations. I remember the anguish not only to her, but the entire department because everyone is "family". I know the entire community will rally around the father as well as the rest of his loved ones.
Sincere prayers for comfort to the father of this dear child as well as to everyone who loved him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back