GUILTY Spain - Steven Allford, 51, tied to bench, dies, Malaga, 21 Oct 2016 *Arrest*

CoverMeCagney

Reaction score
Well this is a strange one and I have a feeling it's gonna get stranger...

• Murder squad detectives are probing the mysterious death of a British man at Malaga Airport.
  • Steven Allford, 51, was discovered bound to a bench in an outdoor area by an airport train stop with his trousers and pants pulled down.
  • Police are waiting on the results of a post-mortem but suspect he may have been choked to death and possibly sexually assaulted.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ers-underpants-pulled-down.html#ixzz4NpE7AKzn

Allford seems to be a less common spelling than Alford and there are only a handful of FB profiles. One of which has the name "substeve" in the URL. :thinking:

With that amount of passenger traffic (14 million per year per CoverMe's link) you would think there would be witnesses. Hopefully the CCTV will reveal some further info.

With that amount of passenger traffic (14 million per year per CoverMe's link) you would think there would be witnesses. Hopefully the CCTV will reveal some further info.

Yes it's Spain's busiest (after Madrid, Barcelona & Majorca) and would have been very busy, especially as half term (when schools have a week off) has just started in the UK.

The Telegraph reports: The corpse, reportedly identified as being that of 51-year-old Steven Allford, was found bound to a bench in an area between the airport’s train station and the terminal building on Friday morning. The area where the body was found is frequented by vagrants, according to local sources. The alarm was raised by an airport employee who came across the body on the bench in a landscaped garden area outside the terminal just before 9am on Friday.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ad-tied-to-bench-at-malaga-airport-and-strip/

Agree CMC - this is very odd! Poor guy [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of people from the UK flee to that part of Spain for various reasons. A story to follow for sure.

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

Sounds like an episode of Criminal Minds!

I notice from the link that his documents were found with his belonging in a trolley next to his body. I also see that the area he was found was popular with vagrants so...

1. Was he a tourist en route to returning home (luggage on trolley)

2. Was he a vagrant (belongings in trolley - vagrant stylee)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

That's quite an unusual place to murder someone, it seems very risky, very public, and it wasn't quick either. Mr. Allford was tied, strangled, his pants were pulled down, and he was very likely resisting and fighting. This must have taken at least 5-10 minutes?

Pulling down his pants - to humiliate him? A revenge killing? Looks like the victim knew his killer.

This is truly bizarre ..... Or do I mean fishy ..... I'm starting to wonder if this is a stag prank gone very wrong indeed.

Dead British man who was found stripped and tied to an airport bench was 'found with a slice of ham on each buttock and his genitals wedged into a can of tuna'

The mysterious death of a British man at Malaga airport took a bizarre turn today after it emerged he was found with a slice of ham on each buttock and his genitals in an open tuna can.

Steven Allford, 51, was discovered face-down and bound to a bench between the airport's train station and the terminal building.

He had a hand bound to one end of the bench and his leg to another with cable ties. His trousers and pants had been pulled down.

Police are waiting on the results of a post-mortem but suspect he may have been choked to death and possibly sexually assaulted.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3863986/Dead-British-man-stripped-tied-airport-bench-slice-ham-buttock-genitals-wedged-TUNA.html

This is truly bizarre ..... Or do I mean fishy ..... I'm starting to wonder if this is a stag prank gone very wrong indeed.

Dead British man who was found stripped and tied to an airport bench was 'found with a slice of ham on each buttock and his genitals wedged into a can of tuna'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3863986/Dead-British-man-stripped-tied-airport-bench-slice-ham-buttock-genitals-wedged-TUNA.html
I would hope not a stag prank that includes sexual assault and strangulation! Unless he was left there, drunk and alive as a prank, then some sick Eff came by and...

Sick stuff here no matter how you slice it. (No pun intended)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Incredibly bizarre!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Very bizarre!! Doesn't look like a prank to me. Still looks like revenge to me.

Sexually assaulted - was he gay? It's comparatively rare for men to be raped by men, isn't it?

Did they find out whether he was a visiting tourist or was living in Spain, or what his connection to Spain was?

Hmm I did initially think it was a stag prank gone wrong..I don't believe that they've confirmed whether sexual assault has actually taken place

Hmmmm this takes me back to the Fb profile I mentioned - substeve likes being sexually humiliated. I don't want to link the profile as I'm not sure it's him but it might make sense of this case....

I've not been writing this off as a sexual assault because if you want to make a non-sexual crime look like one (initially at least) then moving/removing clothing is the easiest way & will initially push LE down that path until the ME confirms or refutes it.

The new "ham & tuna" revelation, along with initial reports of Mr Allford being bound, did make me think of a "stag do" gone wrong but I'm flummoxed.

Either he was killed in situ (without raising alarm) or he was killed elsewhere & dumped there.

Initial reports have LE saying he "may" have been choked to death but he could just as easily have died there from natural causes.

PM results should be interesting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmmm this takes me back to the Fb profile I mentioned - substeve likes being sexually humiliated. I don't want to link the profile as I'm not sure it's him but it might make sense of this case....
I found it also. Feel a little grimy just reading it. That bloke no longer lives in england

I think if it were a stag prank gone bad we'd know about it by now, the tabloids would be all over it. Although, it could be hugely embarrassing for his family/bride.

There's more to it I'm sure. A quick google tells me some media outlets have printed a full name - Steven Frank Allford. I can't find a single birth record in England or Wales, does anyone know how to search for Scottish births? Or American* births? Year of birth would be approx 1965ish.

I think if it were a stag prank gone bad we'd know about it by now, the tabloids would be all over it. Although, it could be hugely embarrassing for his family/bride.

There's more to it I'm sure. A quick google tells me some media outlets have printed a full name - Steven Frank Allford. I can't find a single birth record in England or Wales, does anyone know how to search for Scottish births? Or American* births? Year of birth would be approx 1965ish.
I'll have a good search..

I've had a really good search for any records for Steven Frank Allford and completely drawn a blank. No births, no marriages, no electoral reg data.

Even Facebook forensics hasn't turned anything up apart from that one profile. Anyone else found anything for him?!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back