1253 users online (228 members and 1025 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    20,500

    National Prescription Take Back Day

    National Prescription Take-Back Day
    https://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/d...osal/takeback/

    October 22, 2016
    10:00 AM - 2:00 PM

    *find a location statewide at the above link, or the one below.

    "The National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day aims to provide a safe, convenient, and responsible means of disposing of prescription drugs, while also educating the general public about the potential for abuse of medications."

    On my local end, with more info:
    http://www.thedenverchannel.com/life...meds-in-denver


    "DENVER -- National Prescription Take-Back Day is this Saturday, Oct. 22, and the Denver Police Department is participating this year by accepting prescription drugs at several different locations this weekend.

    The drop-off is meant for residents to get rid of their prescription medications in a way that is both environmentally safe and reduces the risk of drug misuse or abuse, but take note: The drop-off sites will not accept needles or sharps, mercury thermometers, oxygen containers, chemotherapy or radioactive substances, illicit drugs or pressurized canisters."


    * This is incredible timing for me because I was juuuust thinking about some old meds I didn't want to flush and contiminate the water supply with (they say water has all kinds of drugs in them because of this, birth control, chemo...); I also didn't want to put them in the trash in case birds, etc. ate them...So, I'll be dropping mine off in just a bit...if you're going to do it, hurry though because you only have til 2pm today.
    Last edited by margarita25; 10-22-2016 at 01:15 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,532
    Quote Originally Posted by margarita25 View Post
    National Prescription Take-Back Day
    https://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/d...osal/takeback/

    October 22, 2016
    10:00 AM - 2:00 PM

    *find a location statewide at the above link, or the one below.

    "The National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day aims to provide a safe, convenient, and responsible means of disposing of prescription drugs, while also educating the general public about the potential for abuse of medications."

    On my local end, with more info:
    http://www.thedenverchannel.com/life...meds-in-denver


    "DENVER -- National Prescription Take-Back Day is this Saturday, Oct. 22, and the Denver Police Department is participating this year by accepting prescription drugs at several different locations this weekend.

    The drop-off is meant for residents to get rid of their prescription medications in a way that is both environmentally safe and reduces the risk of drug misuse or abuse, but take note: The drop-off sites will not accept needles or sharps, mercury thermometers, oxygen containers, chemotherapy or radioactive substances, illicit drugs or pressurized canisters."


    * This is incredible timing for me because I was juuuust thinking about some old meds I didn't want to flush and contiminate the water supply with (they say water has all kinds of drugs in them because of this, birth control, chemo...); I also didn't want to put them in the trash in case birds, etc. ate them...So, I'll be dropping mine off in just a bit...if you're going to do it, hurry though because you only have til 2pm today.
    I never understood why we shouldn't just throw them in the trash!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    20,500
    Quote Originally Posted by TTF14 View Post
    I never understood why we shouldn't just throw them in the trash!
    Sometimes when humans take drugs they feel like they're flying, so it might make the birds feel like they're walking...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,532
    Quote Originally Posted by margarita25 View Post
    Sometimes when humans take drugs they feel like they're flying, so it might make the birds feel like they're walking...
    Hahahaha!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    20,500
    Alright, here we are again.

    Saturday is National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
    http://kdvr.com/2017/04/14/national-...-day-april-29/

    "DENVER — National Prescription Drug Take Back Day gives people the chance to safely get rid of old medications.

    On April 29, people can drop off old drugs at police departments and sheriff’s offices across Colorado.

    Unused medications can also be disposed of at kiosks at select Walgreens pharmacies in the state:"
    Last edited by margarita25; 04-29-2017 at 04:46 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,072
    where I live, we can take them to any pharmacy any time and they will dispose of free of charge



Similar Threads

  1. (Prescription Drug) National Take Back Initiative
    By Snackcakes66 in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-26-2010, 11:35 AM
  2. Man's Prescription Dog Found
    By ISPTRAX in forum News that makes you smile!
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-23-2006, 06:20 PM
  3. 3 Sisters Have Babies on Back-to-Back-to-Back Days in St. Charles
    By aussiegran in forum News that makes you smile!
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-13-2006, 10:53 AM