811 users online (88 members and 723 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 40 of 73 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by webant View Post
    No, I don't think money or assets would have been a motive in this case, as if you can believe what we've read, JR doesn't have much. I think Jenny would have known this relatively early on. The green card could have been a motive. Weighing everything, I am still at Occam's Razor and believe the case is pretty much as it has been reported by JR. For me, Jenny's family loosing contact for a month a half and then traveling all the way to Mexico to search for her indicates Jenny disappeared as reported. If Jenny had still been happily traveling in Mexico as LE postulated, she would have also remained in touch at least with her Chinese family.
    Not every person that runs away from spouse lets their immediate family know.

Just saying.

Because some people turn up a decade later while knowing that their spouse was being speculated for murder that entire decade.

So it does happen.

But Web. You are also right. And we summon you to stay on board here. Lol

We like how you bring sides of all perspective view points.

Much appreciated.
    You can fool some of the people some of the time; But guess what? The Bus Stops Here (Life No Parole/ Don't Pass Go: Don't Collect Your $200)

No, I don't think money or assets would have been a motive in this case, as if you can believe what we've read, JR doesn't have much. I think Jenny would have known this relatively early on. The green card could have been a motive. Weighing everything, I am still at Occam's Razor and believe the case is pretty much as it has been reported by JR. For me, Jenny's family loosing contact for a month a half and then traveling all the way to Mexico to search for her indicates Jenny disappeared as reported. If Jenny had still been happily traveling in Mexico as LE postulated, she would have also remained in touch at least with her Chinese family.
    I know. Occam's Razor is usually right. Everything we view as strange about this case can pretty much be chalked up to JR's abysmal style of communication and general weirdness. Essentially, it appears that Jenny took one too many risks and lost.
    JMO for now
    FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

I'm just tired that 80% of the post on the Helpfindjenny page is made in a Spanish or Chinese language. Jmo.

Because why would people post in Spanish if they know that they speak and obviously read and understand English on a English Facebook page?

Jmo.
    You can fool some of the people some of the time; But guess what? The Bus Stops Here (Life No Parole/ Don't Pass Go: Don't Collect Your $200)

Also. Jenny spoke Spanish as well as English.

So maybe she met a Spaniard at a Spanish speaking class while out there.

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by DexterMorgan View Post
    I'm just tired that 80% of the post on the Helpfindjenny page is made in a Spanish or Chinese language. Jmo.

Because why would people post in Spanish if they know that they speak and obviously read and understand English on a English Facebook page?

Jmo.
    They probably don't speak or read English. Just as I can just hit "translate" under a post and it turns into passable English, they can read English posts by doing the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterMorgan View Post
    Also. Jenny spoke Spanish as well as English.

So maybe she met a Spaniard at a Spanish speaking class while out there.

Lol

What would I do without you, Dex ...!

Quote Originally Posted by inmyhumbleopinion View Post

What would I do without you, Dex ...!
    I know. Life wouldn't be the same!

rosesfromangels is offline My posts are amateur speculations and opinion only
    Webant, your logic is sound, and i generally subscribe to the Occam theory
    However, our wild card is her seemingly unstable decisions. So while we would expect her to stay in touch with family, an unstable mind may have prevented her from doing so.
    My posts are opinion and speculation only, and may not be used for any purpose outside of this forum.

I found this old article dated 4/30/2016 on the first thread that answers a few questions that have come up and verifies things we remember. Maybe it will trigger some new sleuthing. It's translated, so keep in mind that Jenny is referred to as both female and male gender.

--She was captured on camera at the Peppa Pig Cafe in Oaxaca.

--Taxi drivers from Chiapas saw her...on the border with Oaxaca at Verde Antequera on 4/11.

--She decided on the trip three weeks before she left. (What happened shortly before that? I recall that she wrote about a traffic accident in late January and JR was mad because she didn't wear her seatbelt. She talked about emailing him to explain things).

--She bought a phone in Mexico and did not give JR the number.

--At this point the Chinese community in Oaxaca had donated money to the search, and he was sure the Chinese government would be helpful when they received the news.

--He claimed to have invested $200K in the search. Over $6000 had been raised in six days on GFM.

--He says he doesn't know how she got from Tijuana to Mexico City and then to Oaxaca (It was on her FB page! She took a bus to Mexico City and rode on a farmer worker's bus to Oaxaca).

--It gives the route she planned to travel from Oaxaca to Cancun.

--On April 19 JR reported her disappearance to the Attorney General's Office of the State of Quintana Roo (where Cancun is located), file number 120/4/2016.

https://translate.google.com/transla...il&prev=search

rosesfromangels is offline My posts are amateur speculations and opinion only
    The point that she didn't give him her phone number, in addition to be galavanting without him, pretty much sums this up.
    My posts are opinion and speculation only, and may not be used for any purpose outside of this forum.

I'd really like to go back and look at some of Jenny's writing. I can't get her weibo, etc to open anymore. There are some tidbits in this post from last June. Can anyone find a way to get there?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...6#post12616406

Quote Originally Posted by Lilibet View Post
    --He claimed to have invested $200K in the search. Over $6000 had been raised in six days on GFM.
    I hadn't known JR invested that much money into the search. It seems I was incorrect in thinking he didn't have much in the way of assets (that could be a motive in Jenny wanting to marry him). I remembered (apparently incorrectly) JR as being in a tight financial situation, owing the IRS money he couldn't pay and needing to raise $15,000 for the search for Jenny (and an expected ransom at that time?).

I hadn't known JR invested that much money into the search. It seems I was incorrect in thinking he didn't have much in the way of assets (that could be a motive in Jenny wanting to marry him). I remembered (apparently incorrectly) JR as being in a tight financial situation, owing the IRS money he couldn't pay and needing to raise $15,000 for the search for Jenny (and an expected ransom at that time?).
    This article is the only place I've seen mention that he spent $200K. I was shocked. I don't know if it was a translation error, a slip of the tongue or an outright lie by JR. The article was posted on 4/30/2016, so that seems like a lot to have spent in about two weeks! Later on he said he was spending his own money and asked for contributions, but he didn't mention spending his own money that early AFAIK, except in this article.

You are correct that he was on the hook for back taxes, the latest IRS filing being about 4/7/2016, which raised eyebrows among those who thought Jenny's disappearance was a scam.

I'd really like to go back and look at some of Jenny's writing. I can't get her weibo, etc to open anymore. There are some tidbits in this post from last June. Can anyone find a way to get there?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...6#post12616406
    This is her Weibo page. Btw. Once you go to her page. You have to click on the link thats right below her profile heading pic for it to open up her full comments page for you.

Which is weird. Because before it used to go straight there.

I wonder if someone is messing with the settings and tried to privatize the page at first. Idk.

http://m.weibo.cn/u/1723208662?uid=1...ecode=20000180

But I missed where she mentioned a car accident and JR telling her about wearing a seat belt.
    Last edited by DexterMorgan; 04-22-2017 at 02:05 PM.

This article is the only place I've seen mention that he spent $200K. I was shocked. I don't know if it was a translation error, a slip of the tongue or an outright lie by JR. The article was posted on 4/30/2016, so that seems like a lot to have spent in about two weeks! Later on he said he was spending his own money and asked for contributions, but he didn't mention spending his own money that early AFAIK, except in this article.

You are correct that he was on the hook for back taxes, the latest IRS filing being about 4/7/2016, which raised eyebrows among those who thought Jenny's disappearance was a scam.
    I also remember (correctly?) JR stating that he was spending all the extra money he had from each pay check towards his search for Jenny.

If JR did in fact spend $200,000 in his search for Jenny by the end of April (in the first two weeks of her disappearance), then I would suspect he had been scammed by someone or someones. As it is, I will figure it is some kind of an error in the report.

As an aside, I remember at least a couple of cases from my time in Thailand, where a kidnapping had taken place and a ransom paid by the foreign spouse of a Thai, for either a wife or a child, only to subsequently find out that the wife and her family (brother, etc.) had scammed the foreign husband (they had done the 'kidnapping').

Page 40 of 73 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast