Found Deceased CA - Andres Tomas, 3, Merced County, 22 October 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Merced deputies searching for missing Delhi toddler
missing%20boy

Merced County sheriff’s deputies are searching for a 3-year-old Delhi boy who apparently has been missing since Saturday afternoon.
Investigators believe the child was playing with siblings and may have wandered away. Currently, deputies do not believe the child was kidnapped, Shelton said.
Read more here: http://www.mercedsunstar.com/news/article109988532.html#storylink=cpy

This is local for me!! This is the first I've heard of it though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adorable little guy.....I hope he's alright. It worries me to read that there are canals nearby. He must be so scared to ba alone in the dark and lost.

Search continues for missing Delhi boy

The furious search continues this morning for a 3-year-old Delhi boy who disappeared Saturday afternoon.

Dozens of emergency responders searched furiously throughout the night for Andres Tomas, who was last seen around 4 p.m. playing with siblings in the area of Letteau Avenue and Shanks Road, Sgt. Delray Shelton said this morning.

Little new information was available as the search entered its 17th hour. Deputies were preparing for shift change around 9 a.m. and additional investigators were expected on scene.

“We’re hoping for better results now that we have some light again,” Shelton said.

Shelton said deputies “don’t suspect any foul play at this time.”

Investigators have searched methodically, in a grid pattern, throughout the neighborhood, just west of Highway 99. They’ve been speaking with neighbors, examining surveillance footage from nearby stores, and combing nearby fields and lots.

The main focus of the search, however, has been at a nearby canal. Divers have been searching canal, which is operated by the Turlock Irrigation District, deputies said, and authorities have described the possibility of finding the child there as their “biggest concern.”

Nothing on my newsfeed still. Delhi is pretty much nothing but farms, canals, and the part that would be considered 'town' is full of people up to no good :( when they find him I'm worried he might have found somewhere to hide and not be able to get out :(

Nothing on my newsfeed still. Delhi is pretty much nothing but farms, canals, and the part that would be considered 'town' is full of people up to no good :( when they find him I'm worried he might have found somewhere to hide and not be able to get out :(

I have relatives in the area. Lots of farms and irrigation canals and dangerous equipment and roving dogs. ugh...very scary place for a toddler to be lost.

Oh the poor mite, how cold is it in the evenings/night in that area? Fingers crossed he's located safe & well :please:
(anyone else in the "Parking Lot"?)

Oh the poor mite, how cold is it in the evenings/night in that area? Fingers crossed he's located safe & well :please:
(anyone else in the "Parking Lot"?)

It was around 50 degrees early this morning but it was in the low 80s yesterday and supposed to be around 82 again today. I hope he's found soon.

Sadly someone without permission of the family started a account.
A family member asked to have it taken down.

Sent from my SM-G930V

He's absolutely precious! I'm unable to listen in downstairs at the moment. My prayers are going up for little Andres! I'm hoping for positive news ASAP! This is also fairly local to me, and I am officially worried sick!

#BringAndresHome

I've been away from WS for a bit. I'm sad to see this! I'm hoping for a miracle for sweet Andres!

I've been away from WS for a bit. I'm sad to see this! I'm hoping for a miracle for sweet Andres!
Miss seeing you DatelineFan.

I am concerned that he was dressed for warmer weather while out that day and the drop in temps during the night.

I hope he found a warm place and is waiting to be found. (maybe he was told if he got lost to stay where he is and they will find him.)

Sent from my SM-G930V

Miss seeing you DatelineFan.

I am concerned that he was dressed for warmer weather while out that day and the drop in temps during the night.

I hope he found a warm place and is waiting to be found. (maybe he was told if he got lost to stay where he is and they will find him.)

Sent from my SM-G930V
Thanks, I'm trying to get caught up on threads! Real life really cuts into Internet time ;)

Yes, 3 is an interesting age for this to happen. Children in their 3rd year, can have vastly different development levels. It's possible he's a kid who would know not to go into the water. Or it's possible he's go straight to it. You know? There are so many variables, and it's much more difficult to predict the behavior of a child that age, than say a 2 or 6 year old. But at this point, no matter how developed he is, it's been a while in the elements. Kids get dehydrated very quickly. I'm worried.

Thanks, I'm trying to get caught up on threads! Real life really cuts into Internet time ;)

Yes, 3 is an interesting age for this to happen. Children in their 3rd year, can have vastly different development levels. It's possible he's a kid who would know not to go into the water. Or it's possible he's go straight to it. You know? There are so many variables, and it's much more difficult to predict the behavior of a child that age, than say a 2 or 6 year old. But at this point, no matter how developed he is, it's been a while in the elements. Kids get dehydrated very quickly. I'm worried.

And often those canals are full of sludge, and noxious chemicals and dangerous fumes etc. Not to mention animal waste. ugh...I Hope he stayed clear. But hopefully all of the residents went and checked their land and their canals.

One great thing about this area is the people pull together for critical times like this. It is s small town overall and people care about their neighbors.

And often those canals are full of sludge, and noxious chemicals and dangerous fumes etc. Not to mention animal waste. ugh...I Hope he stayed clear. But hopefully all of the residents went and checked their land and their canals.

One great thing about this area is the people pull together for critical times like this. It is s small town overall and people care about their neighbors.
That last paragraph is comforting. I'm in San Francisco, so I don't think I'm too far away, but just miles out of the city can be vastly different! Thanks to everyone who has given more details about his area.

I too hope that he will be found safe, but I don't feel like that really describes Delhi ... This is the area he went missing from.. Shanks ave and Latteau Ave.. As you can see shanks comes right off the freeway..
8c671b7616ce540134abe2903f292411.jpg
a457e0f20800e3ceaed92de58bdc5ac9.png
1360113e6fed5590e704d79fc528b055.png
1280f7196f9c66c9eed8e0ae0f55b44f.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads