1028 users online (200 members and 828 guests)  

Websleuths News

Canada - Suspect asks for return to prison to await trial, Regina

A suspect in a Regina shooting asked a judge to remand him to a federal penitentiary so he can't escape or injure anyone.

"I'm by no means done with this yet," Allan Camiele Demers told provincial court Judge Kenn Bellerose, during an appearance Thursday.

Demers, 50, faces a string of charges including attempted murder. After hearing the charges against him read aloud in court, Demers turned to the judge and said, "Oh, come on, let me out."

He then said he didn't want a lawyer and would be ready to deal with the charges "in about five years."

He also asked Bellerose to remand him to a penitentiary, saying he doesn't believe the Regina Correctional Centre is secure enough to hold him.

"I'm just asking to get back to the federal system where everyone will be a little safer," he said.

Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Well, at least he's honest about it.