1332 users online (240 members and 1092 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by keyleigh View Post
    Argh. I can't find the article, I think it was a Daily Fail but earlier guests said the ride had not been working properly yesterday.

Yes, in this article. Just be aware that this report is pretty graphic about what the kids went through.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...old-Coast.html

Is this like supposed to add ambiance or is it just a piece of shu#~ I truly cannot tell

"The husband of one of the women who died in the Dreamworld tragedy had his phone and wallet stolen while trying to save his wife's life, it has been claimed.

Canberra mother-of-two Kate Goodchild, 32, has been named as one of the four victims of the theme park catastrophe.
    Citing Ms Goodchild's uncle, the Seven Network reported her heartbroken husband's phone and wallet were stolen from their eight month old daughter's pram."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4O9pYJPgJ

Absolutely disgusting whoever did this is a disgraceful individual. This is a terrible tragedy. I've read if anyone is criminally responsible they face up to 5 years in jail and the park may never reopen. I'm glad Australia is tough on these incidents unlike the Verruckt tragedy in the states this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by gregjrichards View Post
    "The husband of one of the women who died in the Dreamworld tragedy had his phone and wallet stolen while trying to save his wife's life, it has been claimed.

Canberra mother-of-two Kate Goodchild, 32, has been named as one of the four victims of the theme park catastrophe.
    Citing Ms Goodchild's uncle, the Seven Network reported her heartbroken husband's phone and wallet were stolen from their eight month old daughter's pram."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4O9pYJPgJ

Absolutely disgusting whoever did this is a disgraceful individual. This is a terrible tragedy. I've read if anyone is criminally responsible they face up to 5 years in jail and the park may never reopen. I'm glad Australia is tough on these incidents unlike the Verruckt tragedy in the states this summer.
    That is truly repulsive - and its not like it was a for lack of a word, "poverty" area.

7200 were injured in water rides

As I am getting caught up feeling queasy - I did not know the details yesterday really quite gruesome

http://abc7ny.com/news/gruesome-deta...death/1461927/

Quote Originally Posted by CARIIS View Post
    Is this like supposed to add ambiance or is it just a piece of shu#~ I truly cannot tell
    It does look like a mess doesn't it but it's suppose to capture the gold mining era. Some other parts of the theme park is like the old west.

rv.jpg

This is the ride.
    You can fool some of the people some of the time; But guess what? The Bus Stops Here (Life No Parole/ Don't Pass Go: Don't Collect Your $200)

Quote Originally Posted by CARIIS View Post

I haven't been to Dreamworld since I was a kid but I think it's supposed to look like that. It's got an abandoned mining town feel to that section of the park.

Edited. I thought it was white water rafting.
    Last edited by Tulessa; 10-26-2016 at 12:47 AM.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

Its now been revealed that the items apparently stolen from the husband of one of the women who died at Dreamworld were in fact not stolen.

http://www.newshub.co.nz/world/dream...tim-2016102616
    Australia's Seven Network earlier quoted relatives saying Kate Goodchild's husband's wallet and phone was stolen from their child's pram as he desperately tried to help save his wife from under the raft.
    However the network has since reported that the items were picked up by a police officer or paramedic and have since been returned.
    IMO
    Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by gregjrichards View Post
    . This is a terrible tragedy. I've read if anyone is criminally responsible they face up to 5 years in jail and the park may never reopen. I'm glad Australia is tough on these incidents unlike the Verruckt tragedy in the states this summer.
    Rsbm.

I wish they would just shut the dang rides down, if they are experiencing problems, get them fully tested, repaired and safe before allowing access. In both of these fatal accidents, (Thunder River, and Verruckt), other riders had experienced problems earlier that the same day! Thunder River had to be shut down and drained, as rafts were, "Piling up" according to some witnesses... Verruckt riders, likewise, claimed staff was aware rafts were going air-born, and safety belts were coming undone mid ride.

I have no idea how one should go about owning/operating an Amusement Park , but this can't be right. There are almost always warning signs prior to these malfunctions, of some kind, as we have seen, but no one seems to take the warnings seriously enough.

Why-o-why are park staff allowed to Micky Mouse repairs on the fly, to quickly get people back on board? Too quickly as we have sadly been seeing as of late.
    Last edited by Safeguard; 10-26-2016 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Safeguard View Post
    Rsbm.

I wish they would just shut the dang rides down, if they are experiencing problems, get them fully tested, repaired and before allowing access. In both of these fatal accidents, (Thunder River, and Verruckt), other riders had experienced problems earlier that the same day! Thunder River had to be shut down and drained, as rafts were, "Piling up" according to some witnesses... Verruckt riders, likewise, claimed staff was aware rafts were going air-born, and safety belts were coming undone mid ride.

I have no idea how one should go about owning/operating an Amusement Park , but this can't be right. There are almost always warning signs prior to these malfunctions, of some kind, as we have seen, but no one seems to take the warnings seriously enough.

Why-o-why are park staff allowed to Micky Mouse repairs on the fly, to quickly get people back on board? Too quickly as we have sadly been seeing as of late.
    I agree Safeguard. At Dreamworld, this was a tragedy waiting to happen!

https://au.news.yahoo.com/qld/a/3300...tragedy/#page1
    'Someone will get seriously injured or killed': Mother's warning to Dreamworld two weeks before fatal tragedy

IMO
    - Theodore Roosevelt

On the way home I heard the children of the deceased witnessed this horrific accident. I wonder how often these parks are audited for safety, mechanical procedures.....surely there would be stringent regulations. I'm sure we can all relate taking our children to fun parks, anticipating a day of excitement and revelling in your children's delight. I hope these kiddies and their families get the due support they need. What a tragedy.

7 news tonight reported that the ride operator was an 18 year old on her first day. Maybe lack of experience has contributed? I'm curious to know how long it took to shut off tbe conveyor belt.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sweetcaro View Post
    7 news tonight reported that the ride operator was an 18 year old on her first day. Maybe lack of experience has contributed? I'm curious to know how long it took to shut off tbe conveyor belt.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
    Oh dear, surely if it was her first day, someone would of been with her supervising?
    Or, maybe her first day on her own after training & supervision?
    Last edited by symbah; 10-26-2016 at 04:32 AM.
    IMO
    - Theodore Roosevelt

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/33014307...tal-flaw/#page
    7 News has been told that after the ride had reportedly malfunctioned twice earlier in the day the safety measure was being operated by an 18-year-old woman on her first day on the job.
    It is understood the fatal incident was caused when a pump failed, causing the water level to lower and another raft to be stuck. The raft containing the passengers then collided and mounted the stationary raft, causing it to flip.
    IMO
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast