1073 users online (173 members and 900 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 57 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 848
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    CA always, FL now
    Posts
    19,010

    CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #14


    Erin Corwin

    Body of missing Marine wife Erin Corwin found; alleged lover arrested
    Posted: Aug 18, 2014 12:05 PM CST Updated: Aug 18, 2014 9:56 PM CST
    By David Gotfredson, Field Producer - Video Report By Marcella Lee, Anchor/Reporter

    TWENTYNINE PALMS, Calif. (CBS 8) - The alleged lover of a missing Marine wife was arrested after an extensive search ended in the discovery of the woman's body in a mine shaft several miles from Twentynine Palms.

    Authorities located the body of Erin Corwin, 19, about 140 feet below ground Saturday afternoon using video equipment and recovered it early Sunday evening. A forensic odontologist positively identified the body at 9:30 p.m. Sunday.

    According to the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department, Corporal Christopher Brandon Lee, 24, was arrested in Anchorage, Alaska late Sunday night for Corwin's murder.
    Erin Corwin Murder Suspect Pleads Not Guilty
    By Johnny Dodd
    updated 08/26/2014 AT 08:30 PM EDT
    •originally published 08/26/2014 AT 06:55 PM EDT

    Christopher Brandon Lee, the man accused of murdering his alleged lover Erin Corwin, pleaded not guilty Tuesday to first-degree murder with a special allegation of lying in wait.


    http://www.hidesertstar.com/news/art...a4bcf887a.html

    Family members are asking for help from the public to locate 19-year-old Erin Corwin, who has been missing from her home on board the Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center since 7 a.m. Saturday, June 28.

    According to information provided by the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department, Corwin’s husband reported her missing on Sunday, June 29. Corwin is reported to be three months pregnant, according to the sheriff’s department.

    According to her sister-in-law, DeeAnna Heavilin, Corwin left in her 2013 Toyota Corolla on her way to Joshua Tree National Park and has not been seen or heard from since... The vehicle, she said, later, was found on Valle Vista Road.

    http://www.kmir.com/story/25916449/p...-missing-woman

    She's described as 5-foot-2 with light brown hair. She was last seen about 7am Saturday morning.

    Her sister tells KMIR NEWS that Corwin was apparently on her way to Joshua Tree National Park to look for a campsite for a future trip there.

    http://www.kesq.com/news/woman-repor...palms/26746852

    The San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department and Joshua Tree National Park Rangers began an extensive search by air and on the ground. The San Bernardino Sheriff's Homicide Detail was also called in to assist with the investigation.

    Media, Map & Timeline

    Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Thread #3
    Thread #4
    Thread #5
    Thread #6
    Thread #7
    Thread #8
    Thread #9
    Thread #10
    Thread #11
    Thread #12
    Thread #13

    Last edited by Coldpizza; 10-25-2016 at 07:36 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,136
    http://erincorwinmurdertrial.blogspo...r-lee.html?m=1

    Part two of Monday's trial coverage in the #ErinCorwin case:
    erincorwinmurdertrial.blogspot.com/2016/10/day-se…

    Beth Twitter


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,136
    Quote Originally Posted by RickshawFan View Post
    Does "activity" mean a call or just a passive ping?
    It doesn't say as reported but FBI probably explained what it was to the jury.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,136
    From the article

    Beth wrote


    I'm going to cut to the chase a bit, because detective Hanke and then his sergeant started to corner Chris with evidence they said they had that proved Chris was with Erin on the day she went missing. Keep in mind, law enforcement officials can lie to suspects they are interrogating, and it's perfectly legal. So, Chris was told that his tire tracks matched those that were next to Erin's car (this proved later to be false). But Chris then changed his story, and said he did see Erin's car that morning, drove up to it to check out the tires, and then drove away. He claims he never saw Erin.





    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Meemaw12 View Post
    From the article

    Beth wrote


    I'm going to cut to the chase a bit, because detective Hanke and then his sergeant started to corner Chris with evidence they said they had that proved Chris was with Erin on the day she went missing. Keep in mind, law enforcement officials can lie to suspects they are interrogating, and it's perfectly legal. So, Chris was told that his tire tracks matched those that were next to Erin's car (this proved later to be false). But Chris then changed his story, and said he did see Erin's car that morning, drove up to it to check out the tires, and then drove away. He claims he never saw Erin.





    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So we have CL telling LE on video tape that he was in his jeep by Erin's car the morning she disappeared. I bet he had his cell phone too.

    (The reason I say Jeep is because LE told him his tires matched the tracks by Erin's car.)




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4,281

    Quote Originally Posted by Dmacky;12763364

    Of course that's what the Defense wants us to believe. The day that CL has an alibi for. Not the day Chris was with Erin, because [u
    CL has no alibi for the 28th of June.[/u]
    He had gone hunting that day alone.[/b] cough cough

    He did howerever ask his neighbor to go with him (as part of the "plan") << Knowing full well his neighbor had out of town guests spending the night, and that he wouldn't just leave them there at his apt. to go hunting the next morning at 7am
    Originally posted by
    77Darkhorse7
    If you read the probable cause for the search warrant, Megli said Chris was afraid because he had no alibi for the 29th of June.
    ************************************************** ************************************************
    ^
    Megli testified that on June 29, both Nichole and Chris were at Megli's horse ranch.
    Several other people saw BOTH Chris and Nichole Lee at the White Rock Ranch Horse Rescue on Sunday July 29, 2014.
    Chris did not have an alibi for Saturday June 28th, like I said.

    I did read the probable cause for the search warrants, in fact I'm including them in this post if others would like to read them to catch back up.
    They are easer to read if you hit "text."

    https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...-1765-001.html
    Last edited by Dmacky; 10-25-2016 at 02:06 PM. Reason: My computer will not let me fix my statement!
    Justice for Teresa Sievers (1968 - 2015)

    RIP Sweet Erin Corwin (1994-2014) Forever young


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
    ~ Anatole France

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,136
    Beth Ford Roth

    No court today in the trial of Christopher Lee due to a juror's family emergency #ErinCorwin


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,860
    So CL's story changed as LE confronted him with evidence. Innocent people tell the police the truth from the get go...and evidence matches what they say. Innocent people don't drive by the abandoned car of a neighbor/ex-lover and then say absolutely nothing about knowing where it is to anyone when her missing case turns into National news, no one knows where her car is for the next 6 days, AND you are being questioned about her disappearance.
    Where is James Perryman? http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...james+perryman

    "Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain’t goin’ away! ~ Elvis Presley


  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    13,034
    Thank you for the new thread CP

    Very interesting. CL changed his story after being told his tracks matched those next to Erin's car?
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

  10. #10
    77DarkHorse7 is offline I've Heard The Sound That Silence Makes...On A Breath Of Wind
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    554
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmacky View Post



    Originally posted by
    77Darkhorse7
    If you read the probable cause for the search warrant, Megli said Chris was afraid because he had no alibi for the 29th of June.
    ************************************************** ************************************************
    ^
    Megli testified that on June 29, both Nichole and Chris were at Megli's horse ranch.
    Several other people saw BOTH Chris and Nichole Lee at the White Rock Ranch Horse Rescue on Sunday July 29, 2014.
    Chris did not have an alibi for Saturday June 28th, like I said.

    I did read the probable cause for the search warrants, in fact I'm including them in this post if others would like to read them to catch back up.
    They are easer to read if you hit "text."

    https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...-1765-001.html
    No, it says quite clearly, second page of the statement of probable cause, third paragraph, Chris was worried because he did not have an alibi for 062914
    .....In praecedens fuit solum credendum.

    "Wherever he steps, whatever he touches, whatever he leaves, even unconsciously, will serve as a silent witness against him. Not only his fingerprints or his footprints, but his hair, the fibers from his clothes, the glass he breaks, the tool mark he leaves, the paint he scratches, the blood or semen he deposits or collects. All of these and more, bear mute witness against him. This is evidence that does not forget. It is not confused by the excitement of the moment. It is not absent because human witnesses are. It is factual evidence. Physical evidence cannot be wrong, it cannot perjure itself, it cannot be wholly absent. Only human failure to find it, study and understand it, can diminish its value." - Paul Leland Kirk


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Knox View Post
    Thank you for the new thread CP

    Very interesting. CL changed his story after being told his tracks matched those next to Erin's car?
    So, Chris was told that his tire tracks matched those that were next to Erin's car (this proved later to be false). But Chris then changed his story, and said he did see Erin's car that morning, drove up to it to check out the tires, and then drove away. He claims he never saw Erin.
    http://erincorwinmurdertrial.blogspo...r-lee.html?m=1
    Where is James Perryman? http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...james+perryman

    "Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain’t goin’ away! ~ Elvis Presley


  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    13,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice4theSilent View Post
    So CL's story changed as LE confronted him with evidence. Innocent people tell the police the truth from the get go...and evidence matches what they say. Innocent people don't drive by the abandoned car of a neighbor/ex-lover and then say absolutely nothing about knowing where it is to anyone when her missing case turns into National news, no one knows where her car is for the next 6 days, AND you are being questioned about her disappearance.
    Gotcha Chris!!! How's his Attorney going to explain that one away?
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

  13. #13
    77DarkHorse7 is offline I've Heard The Sound That Silence Makes...On A Breath Of Wind
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    554
    Quote Originally Posted by Knox View Post
    Gotcha Chris!!! How's his Attorney going to explain that one away?
    If Chris was in the vehicle that drove by Erin's that morning AND he wasn't driving his Jeep, why would confronting him with Jeep treads make him change his story? Then he would KNOW they weren't telling the truth and it would make him More confident, not less.

    His statements only makes sense IF he was not really there, but was trying to look guilty.
    .....In praecedens fuit solum credendum.

    "Wherever he steps, whatever he touches, whatever he leaves, even unconsciously, will serve as a silent witness against him. Not only his fingerprints or his footprints, but his hair, the fibers from his clothes, the glass he breaks, the tool mark he leaves, the paint he scratches, the blood or semen he deposits or collects. All of these and more, bear mute witness against him. This is evidence that does not forget. It is not confused by the excitement of the moment. It is not absent because human witnesses are. It is factual evidence. Physical evidence cannot be wrong, it cannot perjure itself, it cannot be wholly absent. Only human failure to find it, study and understand it, can diminish its value." - Paul Leland Kirk

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    46,366
    Quote Originally Posted by 77DarkHorse7 View Post
    If Chris was in the vehicle that drove by Erin's that morning AND he wasn't driving his Jeep, why would confronting him with Jeep treads make him change his story? Then he would KNOW they weren't telling the truth and it would make him More confident, not less.

    His statements only makes sense IF he was not really there, but was trying to look guilty.
    Oh, right. That must be it. Chris is just trying to look GUILTY.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    13,034
    Quote Originally Posted by 77DarkHorse7 View Post
    If Chris was in the vehicle that drove by Erin's that morning AND he wasn't driving his Jeep, why would confronting him with Jeep treads make him change his story? Then he would KNOW they weren't telling the truth and it would make him More confident, not less.

    His statements only makes sense IF he was not really there, but was trying to look guilty.
    Aren't you overlooking the bigger point? He stated he saw Erin's car, checked the tires, did not see Erin, and left. LE questioned him several days before her car was found. Why wouldn't he say, nope haven't seen Erin, but her car is parked on the side of the road at ...

Page 1 of 57 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #10
    By OkieGranny in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 1005
    Last Post: 08-25-2014, 11:04 PM
  2. GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #9
    By OkieGranny in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 1063
    Last Post: 08-20-2014, 03:55 PM
  3. GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #7
    By OkieGranny in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 1115
    Last Post: 08-05-2014, 03:48 PM
  4. GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #3
    By OkieGranny in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 1035
    Last Post: 07-16-2014, 10:28 PM
  5. GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #1
    By OkieGranny in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 1018
    Last Post: 07-10-2014, 12:13 AM

Tags for this Thread