GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #14

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
53b33943c00c4.preview-300.jpg

Erin Corwin

Body of missing Marine wife Erin Corwin found; alleged lover arrested
Posted: Aug 18, 2014 12:05 PM CST Updated: Aug 18, 2014 9:56 PM CST
By David Gotfredson, Field Producer - Video Report By Marcella Lee, Anchor/Reporter

TWENTYNINE PALMS, Calif. (CBS 8) - The alleged lover of a missing Marine wife was arrested after an extensive search ended in the discovery of the woman's body in a mine shaft several miles from Twentynine Palms.

Authorities located the body of Erin Corwin, 19, about 140 feet below ground Saturday afternoon using video equipment and recovered it early Sunday evening. A forensic odontologist positively identified the body at 9:30 p.m. Sunday.

According to the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department, Corporal Christopher Brandon Lee, 24, was arrested in Anchorage, Alaska late Sunday night for Corwin's murder.
Erin Corwin Murder Suspect Pleads Not Guilty
By Johnny Dodd
updated 08/26/2014 AT 08:30 PM EDT
•originally published 08/26/2014 AT 06:55 PM EDT

Christopher Brandon Lee, the man accused of murdering his alleged lover Erin Corwin, pleaded not guilty Tuesday to first-degree murder with a special allegation of lying in wait.

http://www.hidesertstar.com/news/article_30d113d0-016a-11e4-8d32-001a4bcf887a.html

Family members are asking for help from the public to locate 19-year-old Erin Corwin, who has been missing from her home on board the Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center since 7 a.m. Saturday, June 28.

According to information provided by the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department, Corwin’s husband reported her missing on Sunday, June 29. Corwin is reported to be three months pregnant, according to the sheriff’s department.

According to her sister-in-law, DeeAnna Heavilin, Corwin left in her 2013 Toyota Corolla on her way to Joshua Tree National Park and has not been seen or heard from since... The vehicle, she said, later, was found on Valle Vista Road.

http://www.kmir.com/story/25916449/public-help-sought-in-case-of-missing-woman

She's described as 5-foot-2 with light brown hair. She was last seen about 7am Saturday morning.

Her sister tells KMIR NEWS that Corwin was apparently on her way to Joshua Tree National Park to look for a campsite for a future trip there.

http://www.kesq.com/news/woman-reported-missing-in-twentynine-palms/26746852

The San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department and Joshua Tree National Park Rangers began an extensive search by air and on the ground. The San Bernardino Sheriff's Homicide Detail was also called in to assist with the investigation.

Media, Map & Timeline

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13

From the article

Beth wrote

I'm going to cut to the chase a bit, because detective Hanke and then his sergeant started to corner Chris with evidence they said they had that proved Chris was with Erin on the day she went missing. Keep in mind, law enforcement officials can lie to suspects they are interrogating, and it's perfectly legal. So, Chris was told that his tire tracks matched those that were next to Erin's car (this proved later to be false). But Chris then changed his story, and said he did see Erin's car that morning, drove up to it to check out the tires, and then drove away. He claims he never saw Erin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the article

Beth wrote

I'm going to cut to the chase a bit, because detective Hanke and then his sergeant started to corner Chris with evidence they said they had that proved Chris was with Erin on the day she went missing. Keep in mind, law enforcement officials can lie to suspects they are interrogating, and it's perfectly legal. So, Chris was told that his tire tracks matched those that were next to Erin's car (this proved later to be false). But Chris then changed his story, and said he did see Erin's car that morning, drove up to it to check out the tires, and then drove away. He claims he never saw Erin.

So we have CL telling LE on video tape that he was in his jeep by Erin's car the morning she disappeared. I bet he had his cell phone too.

(The reason I say Jeep is because LE told him his tires matched the tracks by Erin's car.)

CL has no alibi for the 28th of June.[/u]
He had gone hunting that day alone.[/b] cough cough

He did howerever ask his neighbor to go with him (as part of the "plan") << Knowing full well his neighbor had out of town guests spending the night, and that he wouldn't just leave them there at his apt. to go hunting the next morning at 7am :mad:

Originally posted by
77Darkhorse7
If you read the probable cause for the search warrant, Megli said Chris was afraid because he had no alibi for the 29th of June.
**************************************************************************************************
^
Megli testified that on June 29, both Nichole and Chris were at Megli's horse ranch.
Several other people saw BOTH Chris and Nichole Lee at the White Rock Ranch Horse Rescue on Sunday July 29, 2014.
Chris did not have an alibi for Saturday June 28th, like I said.

I did read the probable cause for the search warrants, in fact I'm including them in this post if others would like to read them to catch back up.
They are easer to read if you hit "text."

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/1225468-1765-001.html

Beth Ford Roth

No court today in the trial of Christopher Lee due to a juror's family emergency #ErinCorwin

So CL's story changed as LE confronted him with evidence. Innocent people tell the police the truth from the get go...and evidence matches what they say. Innocent people don't drive by the abandoned car of a neighbor/ex-lover and then say absolutely nothing about knowing where it is to anyone when her missing case turns into National news, no one knows where her car is for the next 6 days, AND you are being questioned about her disappearance.

Thank you for the new thread CP :seeya:

Very interesting. CL changed his story after being told his tracks matched those next to Erin's car?

Originally posted by
77Darkhorse7
If you read the probable cause for the search warrant, Megli said Chris was afraid because he had no alibi for the 29th of June.
**************************************************************************************************
^
Megli testified that on June 29, both Nichole and Chris were at Megli's horse ranch.
Several other people saw BOTH Chris and Nichole Lee at the White Rock Ranch Horse Rescue on Sunday July 29, 2014.
Chris did not have an alibi for Saturday June 28th, like I said.

I did read the probable cause for the search warrants, in fact I'm including them in this post if others would like to read them to catch back up.
They are easer to read if you hit "text."

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/1225468-1765-001.html
No, it says quite clearly, second page of the statement of probable cause, third paragraph, Chris was worried because he did not have an alibi for 062914

Thank you for the new thread CP :seeya:

Very interesting. CL changed his story after being told his tracks matched those next to Erin's car?

So, Chris was told that his tire tracks matched those that were next to Erin's car (this proved later to be false). But Chris then changed his story, and said he did see Erin's car that morning, drove up to it to check out the tires, and then drove away. He claims he never saw Erin.

http://erincorwinmurdertrial.blogspot.com/2016/10/day-seven-video-of-christopher-lee.html?m=1

So CL's story changed as LE confronted him with evidence. Innocent people tell the police the truth from the get go...and evidence matches what they say. Innocent people don't drive by the abandoned car of a neighbor/ex-lover and then say absolutely nothing about knowing where it is to anyone when her missing case turns into National news, no one knows where her car is for the next 6 days, AND you are being questioned about her disappearance.

Gotcha Chris!!! How's his Attorney going to explain that one away?

Gotcha Chris!!! How's his Attorney going to explain that one away?
If Chris was in the vehicle that drove by Erin's that morning AND he wasn't driving his Jeep, why would confronting him with Jeep treads make him change his story? Then he would KNOW they weren't telling the truth and it would make him More confident, not less.

His statements only makes sense IF he was not really there, but was trying to look guilty.

If Chris was in the vehicle that drove by Erin's that morning AND he wasn't driving his Jeep, why would confronting him with Jeep treads make him change his story? Then he would KNOW they weren't telling the truth and it would make him More confident, not less.

His statements only makes sense IF he was not really there, but was trying to look guilty.

Oh, right. That must be it. Chris is just trying to look GUILTY.

Aren't you overlooking the bigger point? He stated he saw Erin's car, checked the tires, did not see Erin, and left. LE questioned him several days before her car was found. Why wouldn't he say, nope haven't seen Erin, but her car is parked on the side of the road at ...

I was wrong in my above statement. Her car was found a few days later, not 6 (according to the search warrant affidavit.) Still, he had been contacted several times by LE about Erin in that time frame in which her car was missing and he never said anything to anyone about being at her car the very morning she disappeared and knowing where it was. Innocent people don't do that.

Aren't you overlooking the bigger point? He stated he saw Erin's car, checked the tires, did not see Erin, and left. LE questioned him several days before her car was found. Why wouldn't he say, nope haven't seen Erin, but her car is parked on the side of the road at ...
If someone is being questioned by the police, and they make two mutually exclusive statements. That person is a liar. Why should anyone assume the second statement is more truthful than the first?

In other words, why should we believe Chris was there just because he says he was?

IF his statement about seeing Erin's car was a complete fabrication, then he didn't know where her car was, and wouldn't have been able to tell anyone about it.

So what's your point then?

So what's your point then?
My ultimate point is, if a piece of evidence is not credible on its own, it should not be used as evidence. Especially not to bootstrap other less-than-credible evidence.

What piece of evidence is not credible and shouldn't used?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McKeith
Back