1476 users online (293 members and 1183 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    I don't think that the googling of the hot car was the main issue. It was also very significant that he did see the video and then commented on it, talking about how terrible it would be if his son was in that hot car.

Kilgore said, mistakenly imo, ' you cannot jump to that being a child in the video, it was about dogs.' -------But Stoddard was totally correct that it was ROSS that made the jump to Cooper bing in a hot car. And when Stoddard said that in reply, Kilgore then asked him to READ exactly what he meant. And Stoddard was then able to slowly and loudly read that posted comment out to the jury.

That was a big error in judgment on Kilgores part, imo. He actually emphasized a very troubling comment by the defendant, tried to refute it then Stoddard hit it again. That was a big mess up by the DT imo.
    But Katydid, they used this in a SW, that RH said he researched it. He didn't say that. Same thing with the "child free"

And Kilgore really got Stoddard on the "child free". As Alex has not talked to any of them other than that first time. State got that on record. So Stoddard lied there too. IF he knew then as Kilgore asked where and when did you learn that. He stood by his testimony. Which could come back and bite him jmho

From the beginning, I felt like RH intentionally left his child in the vehicle. At this point, following the trial, I still feel that way. From watching the video footage we've seen so far during the trial ... I get the sense he was doing some "acting" because he was well aware he was likely being filmed. BUT, the one thing I did see on part of that footage that has "kind of" swayed me off Cooper's death may have been intentional is when Stoddard asks Harris "how he thinks it could have happened"? That Harris left Cooper in the vehicle. Harris says something to the effect of "some days" (many days?) he goes to CF AFTER he has dropped Cooper off. I don't know if the jury caught that but I sure did. I was able to start to understand how it was possible it may actually have slipped his mind that his child was in the vehicle with him. What I can't reconcile, under that scenario though, is that he physically had the child with him, put him in the car seat at home, took him out of the car seat at CF, put him back in the car seat after they ate at CF and then ... that quick ... forgot the child was with him. It's a tough case.
    Everyone sees who you appear to be ... few really know who you are.

Trial - Ross Harris #4

Quote Originally Posted by momoftwocrazies View Post
    Wondering how you guys are finding Stoddards credibility? I was expecting to feel on cross that he had what they're calling confirmation bias but all I see is a cop who is standing up for a dead kid. I was guessing the defense would find more to impeach him. Thoughts?
    Funny, I was about to post something about this.

I have not watched all of it yet, but from the comments I had read today I was expecting his demeanor to be really antagonistic. From what I have watched so far I thought he responded remarkably controlled and professional given the way Kilgore was clearly (doing his job of course) picking apart going after him!

There were a couple of times I distinctly thought " well that didn't go over the way Kilgore was hoping!"

It is interesting how we all perceive things differently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by justkk; 10-25-2016 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justkk View Post
    Funny, I was about to post something about this.

I have not watched all of it yet, but from the comments I had read today I was expecting his demeanor to be really antagonistic. From what I have watched so far I thought he responded remarkably controlled and professional!
    There were a couple of times I distinctly thought " well that didn't go over the way Kilgore was hoping!"

It is interesting how we all perceive things differently.

I tend to agree. I have also re-watched and it was different than I expected. I do think there is a Kilgore bandwagon thing going on. As I said above, I don't get that.

I take it you disagree. How are you finding him? Dishonest?
    He perjured himself on the stand in both those instances, and those were just the first two off the top of my head.

Dishonest, yes, but that isn't even what bothers me the most about him. What bothers me the most, and what I find frightening, is what he represents, that being the power of the State to decide, without any actual evidence, that someone is guilty of a crime as serious as murder, and then to pursue a conviction by any means necessary, with the justification that the ends justify the means.

Not in a democracy, they don't.
    RIP, Cassini. To her tireless overseers- job well done.

Quote Originally Posted by blue22 View Post
    Kilgore did that more than once, surprisingly. He also ended up making a point about the drive from their house being much farther than the drive from chick fil a. (paraphrasing.) He also made the point that Cooper usually eats breakfast at home. (Basically pointing out that the days he fell asleep he had a longer drive and didn't need to be awake to eat. )

I know everyone here just loves the guy, but he has done several things to lose my respect...and he has also made plenty of mistakes and had some bad failed gotchas. Not suggesting the prosecution is awesome, but people are all about this guy and I don't get it.
    Add to that his numerous clips today of people walking through the parking lot and the failure of the prosecution to find out who these people were. Fail. Who the heck looks into other people's cars when they walk through a parking lot. Let me see......maybe thieves looking for stuff to steal but other than that, I don't know that normal people do that. If anyone had seen him or heard him, they would have gotten help---so obviously they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
    Just for starters, you didn't see a problem with Stoddard maintaining, from the beginning all the way through his trial testimony, that RH made a call lasting 6 minutes that he couldn't have, given he was detained and had had his phone confiscated?

Did you see any problem with Stoddard testifying that RH hadn't followed through on contacting the travel agent, that the agent had initiated contact , when Stoddard was in possession of an email sent by RH to the agent initiating their exchange?
    RBBM, another Perry Mason moment. I am going to go back and watch the Pros during this testimony.

Quote Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
    Just for starters, you didn't see a problem with Stoddard maintaining, from the beginning all the way through his trial testimony, that RH made a call lasting 6 minutes that he couldn't have, given he was detained and had had his phone confiscated?

Did you see any problem with Stoddard testifying that RH hadn't followed through on contacting the travel agent, that the agent had initiated contact , when Stoddard was in possession of an email sent by RH to the agent initiating their exchange?
    It's amazing to me that a detective on this case could be impeached about anything. Either he's sloppy or he's intentionally lying to the jury. Neither are good.

Makes me wonder if he has tampered or hid some important exculpatory evidence. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
    But Katydid, they used this in a SW, that RH said he researched it. He didn't say that. Same thing with the "child free"

And Kilgore really got Stoddard on the "child free". As Alex has not talked to any of them other than that first time. State got that on record. So Stoddard lied there too. IF he knew then as Kilgore asked where and when did you learn that. He stood by his testimony. Which could come back and bite him jmho

It's called perjury, a criminal offense, or gross incompetence, which is grounds for termination. Me, I'm hoping for a two-fer penalty, but given what I've seen in this case, I expect him to be promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by mahmoo View Post
    From the beginning, I felt like RH intentionally left his child in the vehicle. At this point, following the trial, I still feel that way. From watching the video footage we've seen so far during the trial ... I get the sense he was doing some "acting" because he was well aware he was likely being filmed. BUT, the one thing I did see on part of that footage that has "kind of" swayed me off Cooper's death may have been intentional is when Stoddard asks Harris "how he thinks it could have happened"? That Harris left Cooper in the vehicle. Harris says something to the effect of "some days" (many days?) he goes to CF AFTER he has dropped Cooper off. I don't know if the jury caught that but I sure did. I was able to start to understand how it was possible it may actually have slipped his mind that his child was in the vehicle with him. What I can't reconcile, under that scenario though, is that he physically had the child with him, put him in the car seat at home, took him out of the car seat at CF, put him back in the car seat after they ate at CF and then ... that quick ... forgot the child was with him. It's a tough case.
    I have come to believe (at this point) from watching the trial, that THIS was his defense/excuse in why it would be seen as an accident. I posted a little earlier about this - in the LH RH video he comments "taking him to breakfast was the worst mistake of my life"(or something similar).

We have questioned WHY on a day he was already late to work AND going to leave early to go to a movie he would choose to take Cooper in to CFA....

This would explain why. IMO!

Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post

Did you see any problem with Stoddard testifying that RH hadn't followed through on contacting the travel agent, that the agent had initiated contact , when Stoddard was in possession of an email sent by RH to the agent initiating their exchange
    I did not see a problem with either one. Or maybe just a minor hmmm.
    Can you tell us why you don't see a problem. Just curious. TIA

Wondering how you guys are finding Stoddards credibility? I was expecting to feel on cross that he had what they're calling confirmation bias but all I see is a cop who is standing up for a dead kid. I was guessing the defense would find more to impeach him. Thoughts?
    So far, nothing about Stoddard has set off my hinky meter. He strikes me as a "career cop that loves his job" but I didn't find him aggressive or over bearing when he interviewed RH. Probably the biggest case of his career but I don't get the sense he's enjoying it.
    Everyone sees who you appear to be ... few really know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by RANCH View Post
    It's amazing to me that a detective on this case could be impeached about anything. Either he's sloppy or he's intentionally lying to the jury. Neither are good.

Makes me wonder if he has tampered or hid some important exculpatory evidence. JMO

Lol. Our posts crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco View Post
    Add to that his numerous clips today of people walking through the parking lot and the failure of the prosecution to find out who these people were. Fail. Who the heck looks into other people's cars when they walk through a parking lot. Let me see......maybe thieves looking for stuff to steal but other than that, I don't know that normal people do that. If anyone had seen him or heard him, they would have gotten help---so obviously they didn't.
    ITA. I'm bringing my post in from the last thread...

I think it's too problematic to try and suss out whether or not Cooper made enough noise that passersby could hear him. He could have been awake and calm, he could have cried briefly then fell asleep, his normal cry could be quieter than say, an infant who might start screaming. Who knows?

Another thing to consider, not early on but later in the morning, is that as Cooper's body temperature rose and he became dehydrated his breathing would have become more rapid as he tried to inhale oxygen. At that point crying out may have taken second place to filling his lungs. Eventually he may have begun seizing as his electrolytes became unbalanced.

IOW, there may be other reasons why no one heard Cooper besides him being asleep. How many cars have we all walked past in crowded parking lots without hearing anything? That doesn't mean there were no kids (or pets) inside cars crying, just that we didn't hear them as we went on about out busy day.

Tennessee passed a Good Samaritan Law that went into effect in July 2015 which legally permits a passerby to smash the window of a car if a pet or child is inside. I'm curious as to whether or not hot car deaths decrease as a result - I guess it'll take maybe 5 years or so to see accurate statistics.

http://www.jems.com/articles/print/v...a-childre.html

A reminder folks: You can disagree respectfully. The beauty of these threads is that each is allowed their own opinion and we don't all have to agree. We can discuss our varied POVs without a need to do so in a manner that suggests we are being dismissive of one another.

Please remember, it is not your job to convince anyone of anything. That is the job of the attorneys representing each side in the trial. In here we simply discuss and no consensus either way towards guilt or innocence needs reaching.
    Last edited by tlcya; 10-25-2016 at 10:28 PM.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast