1145 users online (238 members and 907 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
    LMAO Stoddard was like huh? Paraphrasing:
    Kilgore: have you not been trained in confirmation bias?
    Stoddard:no
    Kilgore: I cant question you on something you havent been trained on?
    Stoddard No

Too funny example ...
    Confirmation bias, also called confirmatory bias or myside bias, is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms one's preexisting beliefs or hypotheses, while giving disproportionately less consideration to alternative possibilities.[Note 1][1] It is a type of cognitive bias and a systematic error of inductive reasoning. People display this bias when they gather or remember information selectively, or when they interpret it in a biased way. The effect is stronger for emotionally charged issues and for deeply entrenched beliefs. People also tend to interpret ambiguous evidence as supporting their existing position. Biased search, interpretation and memory have been invoked to explain attitude polarization (when a disagreement becomes more extreme even though the different parties are exposed to the same evidence), belief perseverance (when beliefs persist after the evidence for them is shown to be false), the irrational primacy effect (a greater reliance on information encountered early in a series) and illusory correlation (when people falsely perceive an association between two events or situations) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias
    This discribes my opinion of Stallard's behavior through the investigation which was most likely shared with his team. Doesn't mean that RH should walk, which he won't, but the investigation was so poorly done that it will most likely hurt the level of conviction.

Quote Originally Posted by RANCH View Post
    It's amazing to me that a detective on this case could be impeached about anything. Either he's sloppy or he's intentionally lying to the jury. Neither are good.

Makes me wonder if he has tampered or hid some important exculpatory evidence. JMO

What I'm wondering now is if it was Stoddard's call to detain RH at the scene, without leaving his fingerprints on that decision. IMO it's quite likely.

The man refuses to see what doesn't conform to his beliefs. He thought, on the 18th, that RH was on the phone talking to a "partner in crime," to paraphrase something Stoddard said in pretrial. He thought that was suspicious enough, along with little else but RH's demeanor, to keep him detained and away from his son's dead body, and to haul him in for questioning.

He knew when he received the call records that RH wasn't on the phone for 6 minutes, if he made that call at all. He KNEW that, yet still went after the terrified daycare teacher Ms. Gray, trying to get her to say RH spoke with her. And he knew it when he testified in court. What does that make him?
    RIP, Cassini. To her tireless overseers- job well done.

Quote Originally Posted by blue22 View Post
    Kilgore did that more than once, surprisingly. He also ended up making a point about the drive from their house being much farther than the drive from chick fil a. (paraphrasing.) He also made the point that Cooper usually eats breakfast at home. (Basically pointing out that the days he fell asleep he had a longer drive and didn't need to be awake to eat. )

I know everyone here just loves the guy, but he has done several things to lose my respect...and he has also made plenty of mistakes and had some bad failed gotchas. Not suggesting the prosecution is awesome, but people are all about this guy and I don't get it.
    RBBM Kilgore didn't point out that Cooper usually eat at home. He asked during Stoddard investigation how often was it that Cooper ate at home vs daycare. Stoddard said he didn't remember specifically. Pointing out again, that Stoddard these were things that he should have known.

As far as how your opinion of Kilgore, (personally I have grown to like all 3 of the Def Lawyers) their style of not yelling, the getting what they need from the Witness before or even without the witness realizing it. They know their case and are well prepared. They know when they have new information at a split second. They have caught many little mistakes that the State should have. Big one being the messed up measurements when Grimstead put the car seat back in car 7/2/14. Each of these points the Def is making is causing credibility of States witnesses. Today another witness took a hit for the State. Someone should have went over with these State witnesses their prior statements. This is embarrassing to me especially such a high profile case and live streamed on a dozen or more channels and archived.

Curious, where has Def made some mistakes? I know they are not perfect, but can't figure out where your speaking of "plenty of mistakes and failed gotchas". TIA I would like to review and make that note in my notebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
    Lol. Our posts crossed.
    The more I think about Stoddard's "mistakes" the more I shake my head. This guy is the lead detective on this case. The State is using him to tell the jury the facts that he uncovered during his investigation. He should know this case like the back of his hand, backwards and forwards or any which way.

The jury deserves the whole truth from him. JMO.

4 ways RH learned about the dangers of hot cars, before his son died in a hot car: http://people.com/crime/justin-ross-...youtube-video/

Can you tell us why you don't see a problem. Just curious. TIA
    Here's what I'm thinking: the travel agent.. what could LE glean from her? I'm not seeing how she's relevant at all. And there was a wealth of pertinent leads he was focusing on. Am I missing something here?

The phone call: also, not seeing how this is something he should have been focusing on. Seems like a minor dead end detail that Stoddard may not so I wouldn't consider it perjury. Again, am I missing something here?

Yes he's the lead detective but he's also human. He may not remember every single detail of this enormous investigation. He is a seasoned cop, this isn't his first rodeo, he's seen a lot of bad things. So, I don't see him planting, lying, or anything else just to get his guy in this case.

Thoughts? It's awesome to see how we are experiencing this so differently.

RBBM Kilgore didn't point out that Cooper usually eat at home. He asked during Stoddard investigation how often was it that Cooper ate at home vs daycare. Stoddard said he didn't remember specifically. Pointing out again, that Stoddard these were things that he should have known.

As far as how your opinion of Kilgore, (personally I have grown to like all 3 of the Def Lawyers) their style of not yelling, the getting what they need from the Witness before or even without the witness realizing it. They know their case and are well prepared. They know when they have new information at a split second. They have caught many little mistakes that the State should have. Big one being the messed up measurements when Grimstead put the car seat back in car 7/2/14. Each of these points the Def is making is causing credibility of States witnesses. Today another witness took a hit for the State. Someone should have went over with these State witnesses their prior statements. This is embarrassing to me especially such a high profile case and live streamed on a dozen or more channels and archived.

Curious, where has Def made some mistakes? I know they are not perfect, but can't figure out where your speaking of "plenty of mistakes and failed gotchas". TIA I would like to review and make that note in my notebook.
    Weird. I have in my notes that Cooper would usually eat at home or daycare. I thought Killgore tried to get Stoddard to say things in the way he wanted him to (so as to "catch" him) over and over and it repeatedly didn't go his way. IMO those are mistakes that make him look a bit desperate. He needlessly harassed multiple women on stand, and tried to humiliate them. He accidentally made a point for the state at least twice today. (That I an remember of the top of my head.) He's focusing WAY too much time on people walking by, and it looks desperate.

I was not implying Kilgore is not good. I just don't understand the endless praise, that's all. He is good, yes. But IMO, that's it.

IMO
    Last edited by blue22; 10-25-2016 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Enter too early

Quote Originally Posted by blue22 View Post
    Kilgore did that more than once, surprisingly. He also ended up making a point about the drive from their house being much farther than the drive from chick fil a. (paraphrasing.) He also made the point that Cooper usually eats breakfast at home. (Basically pointing out that the days he fell asleep he had a longer drive and didn't need to be awake to eat. )

I know everyone here just loves the guy, but he has done several things to lose my respect...and he has also made plenty of mistakes and had some bad failed gotchas. Not suggesting the prosecution is awesome, but people are all about this guy and I don't get it.
    I'm pretty sure it was the other way around- that they never fed Cooper at home. He ate at school or they got him CF.

Quote Originally Posted by Bc007 View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was the other way around- that they never fed Cooper at home. He ate at school or they got him CF.
    I heard at home or daycare, I will have to go back and listen. Both those points are counterproductive for the defense, IMO. Since Cooper could be asleep the whole way and not awakened. And the drive is significantly longer, which was helpfully pointed out by the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by RANCH View Post
    The more I think about Stoddard's "mistakes" the more I shake my head. This guy is the lead detective on this case. The State is using him to tell the jury the facts that he uncovered during his investigation. He should know this case like the back of his hand, backwards and forwards or any which way.

The jury deserves the whole truth from him. JMO.
    I started reading up on this case in earnest this past summer, after putting it away shortly after reading about it in the news. Cases about babies and children (other than the one in Florida) disturb me too much to want to dig deep.

This case was of interest to me because of GA's new felony murder law, which allows the State to secure a murder conviction without having to prove premeditation or intent. The more I read initially, the more bothered I became about LE's investigation, and that still holds true.

Leaving all else aside, the reality is, imo, that Stoddard's pursuit of a malice murder conviction at all costs may well result in the overturning of that conviction if it is obtained. If RH is guilty of malice murder (I don't think he is), then Stoddard won't have won "justice for Cooper," he will have tainted the State's case, perhaps beyond repair to retry RH.
    RIP, Cassini. To her tireless overseers- job well done.

I guess I am falling behind here......I really would like to read what charge and sentence you guys think is applicable here....specifically if you believe RH forgot him.......seriously....I am trying to wrap my head around this....at the end of the day he should be held accountable for something.....so what? If you think LE is not/was not doing their job, a child still died so isn't RH responsible? Please somebody help me out....if you think he has been overcharged by whomever then what is your answer? I really really am sincere....help me out here. I think LE from the onset knew something was hinky here...and I don't know how/what they knew but it had to be big for them to take him in as soon as they did.....maybe I trust LE too much I don't know....but I just am not seeing RH being railroaded here...his child his dead....that is a fact.
    Here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
    Just for starters, you didn't see a problem with Stoddard maintaining, from the beginning all the way through his trial testimony, that RH made a call lasting 6 minutes that he couldn't have, given he was detained and had had his phone confiscated?

Did you see any problem with Stoddard testifying that RH hadn't followed through on contacting the travel agent, that the agent had initiated contact , when Stoddard was in possession of an email sent by RH to the agent initiating their exchange?
    He did make a 6 minute phone call. Or at least it was 5+ min, to the daycare.

I mentioned this in thread 3- almost all the major evidence used to charge Ross and hold him until trial has been shown to have been twisted or fabricated. That's a problem especially when it was previously discussed under oath by the state's key whitness and contradicts current testimony at the criminal trial! The lead investigator saying in the stand something to the effect of " oh that was before we had an expert review such and such" doesn't cut it for me when dealing with someone's freedom and presumption of innocence. Ok so here is the running list of issues I see for the state; there are those computer related issues that turned up false or twisted into something it wasn't, the car seat placement problem and measurement, the state's expert who tested and evaluated the temp in the car yet didn't account for Cooper's body temp nor did he take the humidity level into account. Oh, then we have 6 minute phone call that couldn't have taken place due to RH being detained in the back of the cop car. All the the confusion with who smelled what at the scene. What else?

Quote Originally Posted by justkk View Post
    Funny, I was about to post something about this.

I have not watched all of it yet, but from the comments I had read today I was expecting his demeanor to be really antagonistic. From what I have watched so far I thought he responded remarkably controlled and professional given the way Kilgore was clearly (doing his job of course) picking apart going after him!

There were a couple of times I distinctly thought " well that didn't go over the way Kilgore was hoping!"

It is interesting how we all perceive things differently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    JMHO, his demeanor was same as in the other Hearing I watch. He got carried away trying to "explain" a few times and finally caught himself. He was Lead Det and had this HIGH Profile case, that from every single Hearing and now trial, he responds "I don't recall" or I don't remember"

Something kinda funny to me today was when Stoddard gave him the call log from the iPhone5 extraction and the State exhibit. First Stoddard said they were similar but not the same. Stoddard said they better be the same or going to have to shut court down as there a huge problem.

That's when Kilgore asked him about what happens when you call LAA.. then
    Stoddard says you have to put in extension number..
    Kilgore... and if you don't put in that number?
    Stoddard: the call just sits there

Then Kilgore get the CAD from 911 calls, and makes Stoddard realize that the last call RH made was made again (butt call kind of thing) but RH didn't make it, he was already in the rear of Piper Patrol Car. Stoddard has already interviewed Michelle Gray, twice, accused her of lying and yesterday even stated he still thinks she took the call from RH.
    If truth be known, he probably still thinks so tonight. But there is no way RH spoke to anyone at that number at that time. Fact.

Where were the times you think didn't go over the way Kilgore was hoping? The Objections? That a given in this case. Even on most all of those, he came back and got what he needed to prove. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by MzOpinion8d View Post
    He did make a 6 minute phone call. Or at least it was 5+ min, to the daycare.
    Look at today's testimony- on cross it was shown due to the time Ross was reportedly placed in cuffs and put in the back of a police car, he couldn't have been on the phone. The time overlapped the call time.

Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast