Found Deceased Germany - Dorota Galuszka-Graniecznyan, 29, Süsterseel, 18 Oct 2016 *found in 2023*

Littlegreenlady

Reaction score
Dorota Galuszka-Graniecznyan is 29, from Süsterseel and has been missing since the 18th October.

According to her husband she left their shared flat at 23:00 and hasn't been seen since.
Neither friends nor family have heard from her.

She is 165 cm tall, with blonde hair (photos are on the websites below)

A search was begun for her quite quickly it would appear and at first the police kept an open mind. However according to the latest report on Monday the police began to suspect foul play and have started to talk about a murder enquiry, although they are stressing that they are keeping all options available.

Link to some German language news articles
http://rtlnext.rtl.de/cms/29-jaehrige-aus-suesterseel-vermisst-wo-ist-dorota-galuszka-granieczny-4025491.html
http://www.rp-online.de/nrw/staedte/kreis-heinsberg/taeglich-eine-vermisstenmeldung-im-kreis-heinsberg-aid-1.6348059

attachment.php

Is it just her husband that says she left their apartment?

Attachments

• 29-jaehrige-aus-suesterseel-vermisst-wo-ist-dorota-galuszka-granieczny.jpg
    29-jaehrige-aus-suesterseel-vermisst-wo-ist-dorota-galuszka-granieczny.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 409
Thank you for the pic, I couldn't work out how to do that.

yes, the reports I read all say it's the husband that said she left. They're all very careful to write that the information has come only from the husband. Phrases such as "according to the husband" and "as reported by the husband" are used.

Now considering 23:00 is a late time to leave your own flat, and that no reason has been given (e.g running out to the shop, walking the dog or going to work if she's on night duty), I have my own suspicions, as do the police I guess. A further news report had said she has a child who she hasn't tried to contact since she went missing.

I found some German language forums which are discussing it and have similar questions.

Thank you for the pic, I couldn't work out how to do that.

yes, the reports I read all say it's the husband that said she left. They're all very careful to write that the information has come only from the husband. Phrases such as "according to the husband" and "as reported by the husband" are used.

Now considering 23:00 is a late time to leave your own flat, and that no reason has been given (e.g running out to the shop, walking the dog or going to work if she's on night duty), I have my own suspicions, as do the police I guess. A further news report had said she has a child who she hasn't tried to contact since she went missing.

I found some German language forums which are discussing it and have similar questions.

No worries. As soon as I read that the husband said that I jumped to conclusions. It's to grasp the info, what little there is, but I'm already not convinced. I hope I'm wrong for this lady.

Dorota is beautiful. I hope she is alright and not a victim of the suspected foul play - but if she has a child and hasn't been in contact.....

Dorota is beautiful. I hope she is alright and not a victim of the suspected foul play - but if she has a child and hasn't been in contact.....

That's what worries me. There are two possibilities - one, that Dorota was suffering perhaps some kind of mental health problems, or had some kind of breakdown, or maybe even had an argument with her husband where she has run away and left everything behind for a bit to give her some peace.

Second is that something has happened to her. I find it hard to believe the first option, purely because her husband seems to imply that it was all fine, and she left the house willingly, and calmly. But obviously we don't know what really goes on in someone's house. Maybe she told him she was going out for a cigarette, and then ran away. It's just odd that there is so little information about what actually happened in the evening. Either it hasn't come up, or the press aren't reporting on it.

It's to grasp the info, what little there is, but I'm already not convinced. I hope I'm wrong for this lady.

Me too, I really want to be wrong and for her to turn up in a few days alive and well

http://maxfuninformationen.com/2016/10/27/selfkant-susterseel-junge-mutter-vermisst-polizei-und/

The prosecutor's office in Aachen has initiated proceedings on suspicion of a homicide.
Even after over a week there is still no sign of the missing woman from Selfkant-Süsterseel in the Heinsberg district.

So far, the 29-year-old woman remain missing without a trace. The Mordkommission has no concrete indications as of yet about what could have happened to Dorota Galuszka-Granieczny. Only this: "We investigate all options," according to Police speaker Katja Schlenkermann-Pitts.

BBM

Is the child her current husbands child? Or a child from a previous relationship?

DORO LEFT HER GLASSES BEHIND - SHE CANNOT SEE WITHOUT THEM

Was it murder? Husband, lover, sisters and investigators speak out.

News.de
http://www.news.de/panorama/8556513...rw-vermisst-29-jaehrige-polin-verschwunden/1/

The 29-year-old Doro from Selfkant-Süsterseel in North Rhine-Westphalia has been missing for ten days. Under mysterious circumstances the mother of a son disappeared without a trace. This is what her relatives and the investigators say about the case.

The 29-year-old Dorota Galuszka-Granieczny has been missing since 18 October 2016. Before her disappearance, the native Polin wanted to separate from her husband Manfred (35) after eleven years and move with her son Konrad (7) to her older sister. There she never arrived.

"Bild" newspaper spoke with Doro's husband, as well as with her lover, her sister and the investigators about the case that the Mordkommission has now adopted. For Dorota left the house without the glasses that she urgently needs, without mobile phone and luggage.

Manfred Galuszka-Granieczny is not under investigation yet, but Doro wanted to leave her husband, and make a new start with her lover. Her husband told the "Bild" newspaper: "I paid the bill of the mobile phone so she could not take it with her, I know I'm under suspicion, but I have nothing to do with her disappearance. "

With Pavel W. (29) the pretty blonde wanted to start over after the separation from her husband. But the Dutchman has not received any sign of life from Doro since days: "Dorota is not with me," he says in the interview with "Bild". Before the nursery cook disappeared, she sent a selfie to her new friend.

The sisters of the native Polin also believe that something has happened to her. Twelve hours before her disappearance, her twin sister Agata (29) received another SMS from Doro. In the message, she complained that her husband did not want their marriage to be over. "She would never leave her child behind, nor can she see anything without her glasses, I feel something terrible has happened," according to Doro's sister . Even the older sister of the two is very worried. "Doro wanted to come to me after her separation with her son," says Kathrin (32).

A house search has so far been unsuccessful. Also the interrogation of the husband by the investigators did not bring the desired breakthrough. "At the moment, the husband is not an accused, we investigate all options," a detective told "Bild" newspaper. A crime cannot be ruled out. On the day after Dorota's disappearance, the neighbors observed how two men loaded a heavy object into a car similar to that of Doro's brother-in-law.

BBM

Thanks for the info ^^

Her brother in law on which side?

Sounds like more suspicion will fall on certain persons soon enough.

Thanks for the info ^^

Her brother in law on which side?

Sounds like more suspicion will fall on certain persons soon enough.

Hubby's side, I presume. Else, the sisters would have known about it.

Thought so :( It's not looking good is it. :(

Süsterseel is literally ON the border with the Netherlands.
According to Dutch media she may have been murdered.

http://www.1limburg.nl/vermiste-susterseelse-vrouw-29-mogelijk-vermoord?print=1

more info:

RPonline
http://www.rp-online.de/nrw/staedte...t-was-wir-ueber-den-fall-wissen-aid-1.6351446

The village Süsterseel is located directly on the border with the Netherlands at the western end of the district Heinsberg. The Annastraße where the missing person lives is located in the center of the quiet village. About 1600 inhabitants live here.
Süsterseel has no train station, but several bus lines run to the next bigger cities of Heinsberg and Geilenkirchen. The last bus already leaves at 9:00 pm - two hours before the disappearance of Dorota.
In direct proximity to the village lies a larger forest area, the Tüdderner Fenn.
According to information from "Bild", relatives are searching there already for the 29-year-old. After a request of our editorial office, the prosecutor states that the police are not yet searching there for the young woman.

BBM

Oh how awful if the family do find her and what they find isn't good. I really really hope I am wrong here :tears:

Süsterseel is literally ON the border with the Netherlands.

RPonline
http://www.rp-online.de/nrw/staedte...t-was-wir-ueber-den-fall-wissen-aid-1.6351446

The village Süsterseel is located directly on the border with the Netherlands at the western end of the district Heinsberg. The Annastraße where the missing person lives is located in the center of the quiet village. About 1600 inhabitants live here.
Süsterseel has no train station, but several bus lines run to the next bigger cities of Heinsberg and Geilenkirchen. The last bus already leaves at 9:00 pm - two hours before the disappearance of Dorota.
In direct proximity to the village lies a larger forest area, the Tüdderner Fenn.
According to information from "Bild", relatives are searching there already for the 29-year-old. After a request of our editorial office, the prosecutor states that the police are not yet searching there for the young woman.

BBM

BluedBM

Something was irking me about this, and I found out what it was.
Süsterseel is on the border with the Netherlands - where her new lover lived - and it would take Dorota a half hour walk to the nearest bus stop on the other side of the (open) border. The bus stops there roughly every half hour and the last bus leaves at five past midnight, heading towards the train station of the neighbouring town of Sittard.

I do not think that this is what happened, but it is a possibility.

No news about Doro this morning.

Oh no, that isn't sounding good at all.
One thing which is ..not exactly puzzling but niggling at me.. is that *if* the husband did do anything, he clearly had enough about him to kill/dispose of her without people knowing but didn't come up with a decent alibi or a decent story. Surely he would have known that going to the police with that story would cause suspicion. Which makes me wonder if he is innocent and cluessless.

On a different tack, maybe he is actually quite controlling/abusive/manupilative. His wife says she is leaving but won't tell him where she is going. So he reports the story to the press knowing that it will be public in an attempt to find out where she is.
A little far fetched but just a thought...

HUSBAND ARRESTED BY KRIPO AACHEN

Express.de
http://www.express.de/news/panorama...9--aus-heinsberg--ehemann-verhaftet--25012136

Heinsberg - Is the case of the missing Dorota Galuszka-Granieczny (29) turning into a murder case?

The Criminal Police from Aachen has arrested her husband Manfred (35).
Their suspicion: He might have something to do with her disappearance.

Since 18 October every trace of the pretty mother of a seven-year-old boy has evaporated. She left the house without a cell phone and glasses - very unusual.
The husband (35) had confessed that there previously had been a quarrel. Dorota would have said she wanted to separate. She had met another man.Supposedly the 35-year-old had agreed to separate. But the investigators doubt this - and are now looking for blood marks in the house. Possibly Dorotha's corpse was buried somewhere in the border region.

BBM

HUSBAND ARRESTED BY KRIPO AACHEN

Express.de
http://www.express.de/news/panorama...9--aus-heinsberg--ehemann-verhaftet--25012136

Heinsberg - Is the case of the missing Dorota Galuszka-Granieczny (29) turning into a murder case?

The Criminal Police from Aachen has arrested her husband Manfred (35).
Their suspicion: He might have something to do with her disappearance.

Since 18 October every trace of the pretty mother of a seven-year-old boy has evaporated. She left the house without a cell phone and glasses - very unusual.
The husband (35) had confessed that there previously had been a quarrel. Dorota would have said she wanted to separate. She had met another man.Supposedly the 35-year-old had agreed to separate. But the investigators doubt this - and are now looking for blood marks in the house. Possibly Dorotha's corpse was buried somewhere in the border region.

BBM

Poor woman. I was just waiting for this to happen.

HUSBAND RELEASED AFTER SHORT ARREST

Kölner Stadt-Anzeiger
http://www.ksta.de/nrw/vermisste-mutter-ehemann-nach-kurzer-festnahme-wieder-frei-25012320

In the case of a 29-year-old woman who disappeared in the district of Heinsberg, her husband has become the target of the investigators. The investigation is now directed towards the husband because of the suspicion of manslaughter, a spokeswoman of the prosecutor's office Aachen said on Tuesday.

The man was arrested after a search of the couple's house on Monday evening, but was soon released. An application for arrest warrant has allegedly not been made because there would not have been enough evidence for a grave suspicion of criminal offense.

BBM

"I AM PREPARING OUR FAMILY FOR THE NEWS THAT DOROTA IS DEAD"

http://www.rp-online.de/nrw/staedte...m-ort-aus-dem-dorota-verschwand-aid-1.6371173

District of Heinsberg. Dorota Galuszka-Granieczny has been missing for over two weeks. Nobody knows if the young woman is still alive. We took a look in the small town in the district of Heinsberg and talked to Dorotas brother-in-law. [ By Sabine Kricke]

Packed with thick tape and wrapped in protective wraps, a missing report is attached to a power box in the Annastraße in Süsterseel. A picture of a young blond woman with glasses. She smiles. Dorota Galuszka-Granieczny, 29, has been missing without a trace since 18 October. The prosecutor's office is investigating a possible manslaughter. Dorota's husband is under suspicion.

The house, where Dorota lives with her husband and her son, lies in a side street in the quiet Süsterseel. A large protruding window is facing the street. The window sill is lovingly decorated with candles and figures. The shutters of the house are all up.

Family and friends have put up posters of the missing Dorota all over the place. "We have been looking for her everywhere, we have been looking in abandoned houses and their cellars for Dorota, but we have not found any trace of her," says Matthias B. Der 32-year-old is the husband of Dorota's sister. He and his wife traveled from Bavaria to search for Dorota.

Dorota was last seen on 18 October. According to the police, the young woman left the house, where she lives with her husband and her seven-year-old son, at 11 pm. She allegedly was wearing a black leather jacket and black high-heeled shoes. She did not have a bag with her. On Monday, almost two weeks after the disappearance, her husband was arrested. "In case of a 29-year-old, who does not turn up and does not give any sign of life, a homicide is suspected," said a spokeswoman for the Aachen prosecutor's office on Wednesday. Already in the evening the husband was free again. There was not enough evidence for a grave suspicion of criminal offense.

Matthias B. can not believe it. "She would never simply run away and walk out on her child," says Matthias B. In addition, the 29-year-old was very ill on the day of her disappearance. "She had a high fever and would certainly not have gone out of the house wearing high-heeled shoes and a thin leather jacket only," says Matthias B.

Relatives of the husband, who is still under suspicion according to the prosecutors office, are living in the bordering Netherlands. The press officer of the Aachen Prosecutor, Katja Schlenkermann-Pitts, did not want to confirm or deny to our editorial office if the German authorities cooperate in this case with the Dutch police. This is al a matter of ongoing investigations and therefore no information would be given on "details pertaining the current procedure".

Meanwhile, Matthias B. has given up the hope of finding Dorota alive. "I am gradually preparing our family for the news that Dorota is dead, even if that is very hard for us," says Dorota's brother-in-law.

BBM

With a little help from the husband's family, Dorota's remains may have ended up in the canal or the river in the Netherlands instead of in one of the many wooded areas on the German side of the border.
Allegedly, neighbors saw two men loading a heavy object into a car similar to that of the husband's brother the day after the evening of Dorota's disappearance.
Dutch license plates are yellow wheras Germany has white license plates, so the similarity may point to more than simply the type & color of the car.

Map. Red dot is Süsterseel.
susterseel.jpg

BTW the map shows THREE countries. Belgium on the left, the Netherlands wedged in the middle and the rest is Germany.
I don't want to be overly optimistic, but this could well be a case of THREE jurisdictions.
A few years ago, a man from the Sittard area (Netherlands) went missing. His burning car was found the same evening in a wooded area 20 kms into Belgium. It took the Belgian and Dutch police almost 4 months to connect the dots.
(His body wasn't found till years later, buried near the river, on the Dutch side of the border.)

Open borders, what's not to love?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear
Back