1275 users online (201 members and 1074 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Quote Originally Posted by kaen View Post
    I have something wonky going on..... the page is jumping back and forth between two ads. It only happens here on the websleuths site. I use safari. Not sure if I sould start a thread or not
    I take it you are using an iPad?
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

Virus notice I received after clicking ad link.

Not starting a thread since I just saw this one. A couple of days ago, I clicked on a banner that said that .. we have lost "H......h", and there was something to click on. I don't remember the name, but it wasn't a long name, began and ended with letter "H." Thinking that this was a WS announcement, I clicked! Thought we had lost an important WS member. Well, the page that came up was very alarming i.e., I have a Trojan, call a 1-800 number for MICROSOFT!!!!!

LOL, being as I haven't upgraded, I'm still using Win xp Prof, SP3, and MS is not one bit interested in helping me out of anything. I was not able to get off the page, and had to turn off the computer to get out of that hangup.

BTY, my typing is very delayed at times, and I get a lot of notices that I can wait for a page or kill it. Not just on WS though. I have to wait for a new computer and new version of windows before complaining about that! It might go away after upgrading.

The ad "from Microsoft" was in the space for the initial ad on the page, though.

How does one start a new thread?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2