GA - Four people fatally shot at Henry County home, 26 Oct 2016 *Arrests*

Evan's Mom

Reaction score
I kept searching to see if this story was already posted and couldn't find it anywhere. This all happened a few miles from my house. Everyone in the county knows someone connected and I'm still having a hard time believing this happened. These were all kids!

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/multiple-people-shot-at-henry-county-home/461110312

HENRY COUNTY, Ga. - Five people were arrested in connection with a quadruple shooting that left three people dead and a tight-knit town shaken.

Police responded to a home in the 600 block of Moccasin Gap Road in McDonough early Thursday morning. The call originally came in as a home invasion reported at about 2 a.m., police said.

Officers arrived and found four people shot inside the house, in the living room and kitchen areas.

Three died and a fourth victim was airlifted to Grady Memorial Hospital where they remain in critical condition.

Officers said the victims all knew each other, although they have yet to say the connections between them and the suspected killers.

If I live to be 100, I will never understand why things like this happen. I hope none of the deceased, or the person in critical condition have small kiddos left behind. They are the true victims when that happens.

I have a friend that is texting me a lot of information that isn't public yet. Can I post any of it? She works with a girl that is close to the family of one of the victims.

If I live to be 100, I will never understand why things like this happen. I hope none of the deceased, or the person in critical condition have small kiddos left behind. They are the true victims when that happens.

I am not sure if any of them had kids or not, they were all really young themselves.

EM: I don't think details that have not been officially released should be posted. That would just be considered hearsay, and that might be against TOS. I have privileged info on another case, and since the info has not been released, and the investigation is still ongoing, I just have to sit on it.
I know we would like to know more, but mods might have to remove anything that hasn't been officially released R/T investigation.

My daughter previously dated one of the young men killed in this incident. It's truly devastating and horrific.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My daughter previously dated one of the young men killed in this incident. It's truly devastating and horrific.

I'm glad that they stopped dating and she wasn't there.

So sad to hear your daughter lost a friend. That's hard to deal with at any age, especially losing somebody so young, and murdered on top of that. Give her a hug for me.

Names of the victims are:
Matthew Hicks, 18, McDonough
Keith Gibson, 29, Covington
Sophia Bullard, 20, Thomason
Destiny Klinger, 20
Those arrested for the murders, or having some knowledge of the murders are
Matthew Baker, 19
Jacob Kosky, 20, McDonough
Jacob Williams, 18, McDonough
Kayla Head, 21, McDonough
Brooke Knight, 19, Locust Grove

www.11alive.com

Names of the victims are:
Matthew Hicks, 18, McDonough
Keith Gibson, 29, Covington
Sophia Bullard, 20, Thomason
Destiny Klinger, 20
Those arrested for the murders, or having some knowledge of the murders are
Matthew Baker, 19
Jacob Kosky, 20, McDonough
Jacob Williams, 18, McDonough
Kayla Head, 21, McDonough
Brooke Knight, 19, Locust Grove

www.11alive.com

I see that 3 of those arrested share the same last name as 1 of the victims. Murdered by relatives? How sickening.

I see that 3 of those arrested share the same last name as 1 of the victims. Murdered by relatives? How sickening.

I've looked over the list of names several times and I don't see any surnames in common. Am I missing something? :confused:

I've seen multiple articles that refer to the fourth victim as Destiny Olinger. This case is very hard to follow. The shooter is named Jacob Cole Kosky and he's been charged with felon in possession of a firearm (along with murder and assault) but I can't find any reporting on his prior felony conviction.

It seems like multiple stories are referring to this tragic incident as the "bonfire killings" or "bonfire murders." Searching for that turned up a few more stories, including this one:

http://www.11alive.com/news/crime/fourth-victim-dies-in-henry-county-bonfire-shooting/343027755

Some more information here:
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/mot...-in-henry-county-quadruple-shooting/461695610

Lisa Gibson told Johnson she has been grappling with the question of how to bury a child.

She learned her son Keith Gibson, 29, was one of three people shot and killed in Henry County Thursday.

“He wasn’t a bad person. I believe he was at the wrong place at the wrong time,” Lisa Gibson said.

His mother said she doesn't know any of murder suspects arrested in connection to the killings.

“My 7-year-old grandson don’t even understand, I don’t,” Lisa Gibson said.

<snip>

One man said he escaped the house unharmed after hiding under a bed when the gunman starting shooting at around 1:30 a.m.

&#8220;My everything flashed in front of me. I thought about everything," The man told Johnson, asking not to be identified.

That man said Kosky was at a bonfire at the house earlier and he left and came back with a gun.

Destiny's last name is Olinger, not Klinger. Stupid spellcheck. McDonough is the name of their town.

P.S. Destiny is the person who died in the Hosp Sunday.

Destiny's last name is Olinger, not Klinger. Stupid spellcheck.
Destiny was the lone survivor who died on Sunday.

P.S. McDonough is the town they lived in.

Official statements have been few. Part of that is, of course, to protect the integrity of the investigation but I also suspect it also in part as a respect for the families of the victims. There's still a good bit left to come out about the motive, etc. I've been following it closely because of our associations with those involved. I've been around a couple of the suspects many times. I'll try to find time tomorrow evening to dig up some MSM information to post. I'll have to weed through what I know from off the record sources to figure out what has been publicly shared via MSM. I did help a reporter yesterday that I've known for many years with his story on the victim we knew best. It was one of those tender blessings you find hidden among the sadness of situations like this.

I haven't tried this from my phone before. Hopefully it will work.

http://2wsb.tv/2fovCjM

Official statements have been few. Part of that is, of course, to protect the integrity of the investigation but I also suspect it also in part as a respect for the families of the victims. There's still a good bit left to come out about the motive, etc. I've been following it closely because of our associations with those involved. I've been around a couple of the suspects many times. I'll try to find time tomorrow evening to dig up some MSM information to post. I'll have to weed through what I know from off the record sources to figure out what has been publicly shared via MSM. I did help a reporter yesterday that I've known for many years with his story on the victim we knew best. It was one of those tender blessings you find hidden among the sadness of situations like this.

I haven't tried this from my phone before. Hopefully it will work.

http://2wsb.tv/2fovCjM

Oh, what a moving story. Thank you for sharing.

These kids were all so young. My heart goes out to the family and friends of the victims, and the family and friends of the perpetrators too. It sounds like there is some overlap between the two groups and I can't even imagine how they feel right now.

Plz, if somebody can find a link to the obits, I would like to read them. I looked yesterday, and couldn't find any info.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back