CANADA Canada - Nuseiba Hasan, 26, Flamborough, Ont, Fall 2006

dotr

Reaction score
http://www.citynews.ca/2016/10/28/hamilton-police-investigate-disappearance-woman-last-seen-2006/
Nuseiba Hasan was 26 when she was last seen by her family in the fall of 2006.
attachment.php

Investigators believe she is the victim of foul play.
Hasan was approximately five-foot-four with a slim build, brown eyes and black hair.

Attachments

• nuseiba-hasan.jpg
    nuseiba-hasan.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 260
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/nuseiba-hasan-1.3825908
Updated
Hamilton woman vanishes, family silent for 9 years, homicide unit investigating

Nuseiba Hasan disappeared almost a decade ago but was only reported missing last year
By Adam Carter, CBC News Last Updated: Oct 28, 2016 4:04 PM

It's an extremely bizarre case, involving overseas law enforcement, lost years without an investigation and some uncooperative family members, an ocean away.

Police don't have any suspects yet, Thom said, but they are experiencing "variation in the level of cooperation from different family members."
When asked if police are investigating her disappearance as a possible honour killing, Thom said: "We can't exclude anything."
Police expect to search property for days

The old Hasan home is located on sprawling farm land, tucked away in the outer reaches of rural Hamilton.
On Friday, police could be seen wandering across the fields next to the home, and going in and out of a dilapidated old barn next to it. The new owner, Thom said, plans to knock down the barn.

Family travel back and forth to Jordan

The family owns property both in Ontario and in Jordan, and they travel back and forth a fair bit, police say. The farm, however, was sold in March 2016. The new owner, who has no connection to the family, took possession just a few weeks ago.
Hamilton police will be doing ground searches on the property where she was last seen, with police dogs and ground penetrating radar in the coming days.

Hasan had been a Fanshawe college student at one point, Thom said. A Facebook profile can be found online under the name "Locate Nuseiba," which also lists Fanshawe College under education. That profile last posted in February of this year, and didn't immediately respond to messages.

In a video statement, police asked that anyone who has information, who has had contact or who knew Hasan to reach out as soon as possible.
Here's the Flamborough home where police are carrying out their investigation into Nuseiba Hasan's disappearance (Adam Carter/CBC
attachment.php

Attachments

• nuseiba-hasan-disappearance-hamilton.jpg
    nuseiba-hasan-disappearance-hamilton.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 229
Such beautiful eyes! I hope LE is wrong and no harm has come to her.

[video=youtube;wLGuGOKM3lA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLGuGOKM3lA[/video]

There's more in this report from CTV News Kitchener. I couldn't get the video clip to play, however.

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/foul-play-suspected-in-case-of-woman-who-vanished-in-2006-1.3136814

Weirdly, I was driving east on Concession 8 West in Flamborough and heard this story on the car radio news about 2 minutes before I passed the former Hasan property. The house is set well back from the road, but police were in evidence. I saw what looked to be a kind of search team with some sort of scanners near the road, east of the property (may have had nothing to do with it, hard to say).

As is usual, police seem to know more than they are letting on.

[video=youtube;wLGuGOKM3lA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLGuGOKM3lA[/video]

This is a missing person's case, shouldn't the thread be in the Missing Person's section? Right now it's in Crimes, but we don't know if a crime occurred.

This is a missing person's case, shouldn't the thread be in the Missing Person's section? Right now it's in Crimes, but we don't know if a crime occurred.

Police have said they are reasonably certain that a homicide has occurred and that the remains of the victim are buried on the property in question. They must have some reliable information to be committing a great deal of manpower and machinery to investigating the property to find the body.

My guess, and that's all it is, is that one or another of the family members (the missing young woman had seven siblings) knows a fair bit about what happened and revealed some of it to investigators. It could be that the passage of time (death of paterfamilias, for example) made the informant feel safer in coming forward.

I am getting the distinct impression from this article (linked below) that although this woman was reported missing almost 2 years ago, the MP case didn't go anywhere until this new owner, who purchased the property 'this spring', actually moved into the property *this month*. Sounds like she may have come upon some kind of evidence of a crime having been committed, and reported it, which then matched up with the address of the missing person, which led police to advance the case. jmo. With the new owner wanting to demolish the home, police won't have to worry about damages if opening up floors/walls/ceilings if they need to do so.
Hasan's father died a "number of years ago" but her mother is still alive, though now in Jordan. The other family members are scattered, Thom said.

Police have received varying degrees of co-operation from family members, he said.

The Hasans moved out of the Concession 8 West house some time ago, Thom noted.

The sprawling property — which includes a metal barn — sat vacant for a time and then was sold this spring to a new owner, who took possession this month. That person plans to demolish the house and rebuild, Thom said, noting the new owner has been co-operative with police.

On Friday, the second day of the property search, police were focused inside the farmhouse, which forensic investigators were combing for clues. Officers could be seen cutting across the field, and a black truck was visible in the distance.
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6935158-the-strange-case-of-a-woman-missing-for-a-decade/

Many times LE wants to search a location but the owners won't let them. When new owners happen to take possession LE usually contacts them and gets permission to search. Sometimes it takes 2 years.

There was a case here on WS (I'm sorry, I don't remember the name) where no body was found but LE had enough to charge someone with murder and the case went to trial. However, our WS thread remained in the Missing Persons section. I pointed it out at the time and someone said as long as LE have not officially said that the person is deceased/have not found a body it remains a missing person case. I found it a bit extreme, since someone was on trial for murder, so obviously LE thinks the person is deceased. But I accepted this as the guideline on WS -> no body = person is missing. Maybe I misunderstood. It's not a big deal though, if you think it belongs here in Crimes, fine with me. :)
You may be thinking of the Christina Morris case. It went straight from the MP forum to the Trial forum. Sometimes the categories do overlap in certain instances, so it's confusing to know which forum to post in, and even which forum to look in for a particular thread. :)

I'm hoping LE will have this solved quickly. Justice has been a long time coming for Nuseiba. I hope the person(s) responsible for her death will be held accountable, but I'm thinking that person is probably deceased ... unless there were others who were old enough at the time to take part.

:smiliescale:

ETA: There is another thread for Nuseiba Hasan in the MP forum. I think it was started after this one, but maybe they can be combined.

From different articles and newscasts linked above:

-The home was owned by her mother and her father

-1207 Concession 8 West in Flamborough, across the road from the Ponderosa nudist resort.

-For more than 10 years it belonged to Nuseiba Hasan's family

-The property is 55 acres and has been abandoned for years.

-The house went up for sale in 2015

-Police say the family left the house years ago, abandoning the property, until selling in March of this year.

-The new owner took possession of the house on Oct. 14 and doesn’t know the Hasans. He has been cooperative with the investigation.

-It was family who last saw her at their rural Flamborough home in the fall of 2006, police say.

-One night, a relative dropped the 26-year-old off at home, he says, and the next morning she was gone.

-It wasn't until Feb. 2015 that police say a family member came forward to report her missing. Homicide Det. Peter Thom wouldn't clarify who it was that came forward — and whether it was the same relative who had dropped her off that night – or why.

-But now, the homicide unit has taken over the case, and police say they have reason to believe she was a victim of foul play.

-Det Sgt Peter Thom: "The family's a large extended family, there's 7 brothers and sisters"

-father died over 10 years ago and the children slowly left the home years later

-her mother is still alive, though now in Jordan. The other family members are scattered, Thom said.

-Police have received varying degrees of co-operation from family members, he said.

-The family owned other properties in the area, as well, which Thom says they will also search if need be.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane
Back