791 users online (92 members and 699 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

NC - Durham Co., WhtFem, UP15960, 25-35, in plastic storage container, Oct'16

NamUs UP 15960

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/15960

Unidentified White Female

Found October 22, 2016 in Durham County, NC
    Body Condition: Not recognizable - near complete or complete skeleton
    Probable year of death: to

Vital Statistics
    Estimated age: 25-35
    Approximate Height: 63 estimate.
    Approximate Weight: cannot estimate.
    Hair Color:
    Brown; six to seven inches in lenght
    Eye Color: Unknown
    Scars and marks:
    nothing
    Clothing & Accessories

Clothing: 36 Width, 32 Length jeans and two white socks; Nike shoes
    Jewerly: Nothing.
    Footwear: nothing
    Accessories:
    Yellow metal Pulsar watch and 3 keys.

Identifiers
    Fingerprints: Fingerprint not available

Dentals: Dental information / charting is available and entered
    DNA: Sample available - Not yet submitted

Case History: Skeletal remains found in a storage unit inside a plastic, storage container. Unknown how long the remains had been there, but the unit hasn't changed ownership since 2010.

How far from Sara Graham? First thing that pops in my mind, could be anyone....

Fairmont...checking....

Hope whoever this is she is id'd.
    Last edited by margarita25; 10-28-2016 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
    NamUs UP 15960

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/15960

Unidentified White Female

Found October 22, 2016 in Durham County, NC
    Body Condition: Not recognizable - near complete or complete skeleton
    Probable year of death: to

Vital Statistics
    Estimated age: 25-35
    Approximate Height: 63 estimate.
    Approximate Weight: cannot estimate.
    Hair Color:
    Brown; six to seven inches in lenght
    Eye Color: Unknown
    Scars and marks:
    nothing
    Clothing & Accessories

Clothing: 36 Width, 32 Length jeans and two white socks; Nike shoes
    Jewerly: Nothing.
    Footwear: nothing
    Accessories:
    Yellow metal Pulsar watch and 3 keys.

Identifiers
    Fingerprints: Fingerprint not available

Dentals: Dental information / charting is available and entered
    DNA: Sample available - Not yet submitted

Case History: Skeletal remains found in a storage unit inside a plastic, storage container. Unknown how long the remains had been there, but the unit hasn't changed ownership since 2010.

Circumstances

Location Found
    GPS coordinates
    Address 11725 Carpenter Fletcher Road
    Address 2
    City Durham
    State North Carolina
    Zip code 27713
    County Durham

Who owns the storage unit?

Los just posted this new thread:

NC - Betsy Claro-Diaz, 15, & her 4 month old son, Durham, late August 2016
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...te-August-2016

Quote Originally Posted by margarita25 View Post
    Los just posted this new thread:

NC - Betsy Claro-Diaz, 15, & her 4 month old son, Durham, late August 2016
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...te-August-2016
    The 36" pants would be awfully big for 115lb Betsy...

Quote Originally Posted by margarita25 View Post
    How far from Sara Graham? First thing that pops in my mind, could be anyone....

Fairmont...checking....

Hope whoever this is she is id'd.
    Seems it's approximately 2 hours drive from Fairmont, NC where Sara went missing to Durham, NC where the UID was found.

The Namus profile reflects and address of 1725 Carpenter Fletcher Road, Durham, NC. It appears that Ample Storage is located at this address.

http://www.amplestoragecenter.com/lo...fletcher-road/

Per public tax records, this property is currently owned by The 1953 Company, LLC.
    http://property.spatialest.com/nc/du...ty/157175/land

The deed was transferred in September 2009
    http://rodweb.co.durham.nc.us/PA3Pre...=999&type=BkPg

Based on Electrical Inspections going back to 2007, it appears the building already existed when the deed was transferred.
    http://ldo.durhamnc.gov/durham/ldo_web/ldo_main.aspx

My logic: If the storage unit was already existing in 2009 when the deed was transferred and the new owners simply took over management of the storage unit, then the remains could be older than 2010?

I've not had any luck figuring out who owns The 1953 Company, LLC. Will keep looking.
    Last edited by KJ's Mamu; 11-10-2016 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Correct deed transfer date
    When I was young I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older I admire kind people.

Stephanie Rodgers went missing from Mebane, NC 28 April 2015. Mebane is only 30 minutes drive from the storage location:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/28951/

Oh man, I drove by this place on the regular when I lived in Apex.... creepy thought, especially since we don't know how long the remains have been in there.
    God Grant me the serenity to accept those things which I cannot change, the strength to change those things which I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore, and who always will. So don't worry about people from your past; there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

Any chance this could be Jennifer Rivkin? Height is close, Caucasian white female with brown hair. Jeans seem the wrong size for 130 lb woman though. Gastonia is just a couple hours south of Durham on I-85.

Here's her thread on WS:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...nia-4-May-2008

I also noticed Lea Ziegler. White Caucasian female, brown hair, height is off at 68-70" but this fits more with the jeans length of 32". That's pretty long for a female, and Lea was a tall woman.But I'm wondering if this 63" and 130 pounds is a correct profile, why did this UID have on size 36-32 jeans? Redressed? Homeless?

Lea was From Guilford County, High Point area. (Approx an hour drive down I-85 from Durham). Last seen in '08. Her NAMUS entry:

www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/13531/85

I'm wondering what triggered someone to look in the unit and find the body? Lack of payment on the storage unit? Could the person who was paying the for the unit be in prison, on the run or perhaps deceased so the unit was sold in an auction like "Storage Wars"? There must be some record of who rented the storage unit right?

I hope LE is putting forth an effort to identify the renter of the unit and the identity of the victim.
    When I was young I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older I admire kind people.

I find it very odd that the body was placed to the container fully clothed from the waist down (jeans, socks and shoes) but there is no mention of a shirt of any kind. So was the person topless while killed and disposed, or did the killer (or killers, or somebody who didn't quite kill the victim but wanted to hide the body anyway) take his/her shirt for some reason. Maybe a shirt that was especially easy to recognize (a custom design with the victims name, a very recgnizable picture etc, or name embroidered on), maybe the disposer took it as a trophy, or maybe there was evidence (the killer's blood?) spilled on it?
    If the victim was topless while killed, what comes to mind is either chilling (or tanning) at home or own yard (especially if female), or doing sports or fixing something dirty, like a car or a bike (if male).

# EDIT: sorry, I got confused for some reason. The victim is supposed to be female.

U2forever is offline You're the best thing about me. I'm the kind of trouble that you enjoy
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavel View Post
    I find it very odd that the body was placed to the container fully clothed from the waist down (jeans, socks and shoes) but there is no mention of a shirt of any kind. So was the person topless while killed and disposed, or did the killer (or killers, or somebody who didn't quite kill the victim but wanted to hide the body anyway) take his/her shirt for some reason. Maybe a shirt that was especially easy to recognize (a custom design with the victims name, a very recgnizable picture etc, or name embroidered on), maybe the disposer took it as a trophy, or maybe there was evidence (the killer's blood?) spilled on it?
    If the victim was topless while killed, what comes to mind is either chilling (or tanning) at home or own yard (especially if female), or doing sports or fixing something dirty, like a car or a bike (if male).

# EDIT: sorry, I got confused for some reason. The victim is supposed to be female.

Pavel,

WELCOME TO WEBSLEUTHS

eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE TOUR 2018 May 28 aTLANTA
    Got my tickets Tuesday 14 November!!

I live in Durham and I haven't seen any updates on this case in the news. Two thoughts: 1. Since the remains were found in a storage unit, LE should be able to trace the owner of that unit. Unless the owner gave false information when renting the unit. 2. I did a search on the Pulsar watch. If it has a serial number and was registered by the owner, it could provide the identity. What are the chances?
    I hope she's identified.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast