TX - Zuzu Verk, 22, Alpine, 12 Oct 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Alpine police searching for missing, possibly endangered student
Zuzu+Renee+Verk+Photos.jpg

The Alpine Police Department is actively searching for a 22-year-old student that was last heard from Wednesday morning.

APD states that she was heard from during the early morning hours of Wednesday.
http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Al...ng-possibly-endangered-student-397143381.html

Media, Maps & TimelineThread

Affidavit For Search Warrant Thankyou SavetheQueen

Case Map Thankyou skibaboo

Thread #1

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Search warrants piece together Zuzu Verk investigation
By Matt Rist | Posted: Thu 1:00 PM, Oct 27, 2016

zuzu_1477625919501_6659928_ver1.0.JPG

link

ALPINE -- “I really feel like he did it.”

Robert Fabian’s next-door neighbor says he heard an argument coming from Fabian’s upstairs apartment the last night Zuzu Verk was seen.

“It’s sad to say that he's causing pain to this town, to this community especially to [her] family. I know being a father of three little girls it would break my heart and so I totally understand what they're going through and I really wish he would come out and admit what he did,” John Franco told CBS 7 News.

Search warrants obtained by CBS 7 reveal details which led police to the seizure of vehicles owned by friends and family of now-suspect Robert Fabian, the missing woman’s boyfriend.

Good thinking about borrowing tools. There was a tool box in the bed of the truck, so that may have contained what he needed, depending on what kind of construction work his BIL did. Perhaps RF did access a construction site. I hate that it occurs to me to wonder if there was any cement work scheduled. (Remembering Abraham Shakespeare, murdered for his lottery winnings and buried in a foundation IIRC.) :mad:

Found a construction site: Page 4: http://media.wix.com/ugd/e7ed62_cc7d014b5fbf477c90bb10926959403e.pdf
City of Alpine hired U-Construction to build a "bathroom group".
Permit filed on 11 Oct 2016.
Location of project is 600 Block of W Ave I
Project includes a concrete foundation.

ETA: Google map of the location: https://www.google.com/maps/place/6...7114a15e00a04d!8m2!3d30.3517349!4d-103.664537

Good work! I doubt the work had started yet. I tried to open September, but it just sat there. It may not like my ipad.

I couldn't open Sept either. I looked through August and July and didn't see anything. I find it almost too convenient that they got a permit for this new construction on Oct 11th. If there are any locals here, will someone please go by the address (600 Block of W Ave I) and see if there is a concrete foundation poured yet?
I mean, surely with all the work LE is doing on this case they would have checked the construction sites right away, right? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/the-...dylan---ill-be-at-the-nobel-prize-ceremony-i/
The timing is concerning, however. If they got the permit Tues, the foundation could have been poured by Friday. :(

Can someone local check this? I didn't happen by there when I was out there (left yesterday). It's definitely worth LE's time to question JC's (the sister, there are two JCs) husband and company about ongoing construction work. I'm wondering where that company disposes of its own waste, too. It wouldn't be easy for someone to put anything of any size into the form and rebar without it being obvious that something changed. A bathroom group is going to have plumbing laid into the foundation and inspected before a pour.

Kuriouser, does the same owner own the car wash just off 118 in Fort Davis?

That's good sleuthing Gardener! We have not read anywhere that they were searching at construction sites. You should call them/.

I agree that someone local needs to go by the site to see what's been done and also where the waste is going. I would definitely call in a tip to the police about that site and any others. The bathroom site is for the City. They aren't going to want anything discovered randomly later in their facility, I'm sure there are ways of determine if something is embedded in the concrete that shouldn't be.

I live in a very liberal state where we feed murderers steak and waffles on taxpayers money. We send them to woodworking shop and let them have pen pal admirers. I say three cheers for Texas being Texas! Maybe I need to move there.
What a random coincidence.... I was just poking around on writeaprisoner.com (where these criminals get pen pals) trying to find new info on a particular inmate in AR. It churned my stomach, it like dating ads on Craigslist. Ugh

Can someone local check this? I didn't happen by there when I was out there (left yesterday). It's definitely worth LE's time to question JC's (the sister, there are two JCs) husband and company about ongoing construction work. I'm wondering where that company disposes of its own waste, too. It wouldn't be easy for someone to put anything of any size into the form and rebar without it being obvious that something changed. A bathroom group is going to have plumbing laid into the foundation and inspected before a pour.

Kuriouser, does the same owner own the car wash just off 118 in Fort Davis?
BBM Suddenly I am reminded of Abraham Shakespeare. :(

What a random coincidence.... I was just poking around on writeaprisoner.com (where these criminals get pen pals) trying to find new info on a particular inmate in AR. It churned my stomach, it like dating ads on Craigslist. Ugh

Considering the victims of murderers can't have any pen pals, WHY are these miscreants given this privilege? They should be given the holy book of their choice, and that should be the extent of their communication. And I'm a big believer in hard labor being a real deterrent to crime. Texas chain gang style. Another reason for me to love Texas. The more I think about it, I think I'm a Texan at heart.

I agree that someone local needs to go by the site to see what's been done and also where the waste is going. I would definitely call in a tip to the police about that site and any others. The bathroom site is for the City. They aren't going to want anything discovered randomly later in their facility, I'm sure there are ways of determine if something is embedded in the concrete that shouldn't be.

A local (who would like to remain anonymous) will be checking sometime today. If other locals want to check it out too, and report back, it cannot hurt. I'm 1000's of miles away and not in any position to check. I think a local should call in a tip depending on how far along the construction site looks. I don't want to bother LE to go out there and check if the foundation hasn't even been poured yet. Anyone who would like to take photos would also be much appreciated. IMO, someone who has actually been to the site to see if there is anything suspicious should call LE, if they need to be called.

My suspicion is growing that the other friends being more involved than we know (so far).
While it may just mean they didn't know her very well or they aren't very FB active.... none of the friends listed on the search warrants are friends with Zuzu on FB. Z's and RF's primary social circles really don't seem to connect much at all really.

Agreed. I, also, believe the social media stuff that Rf was deleting was a connection to Zuzu. His Fb friendship with her and/or her friends and any posts that mention her or photos.

Good morning all!! Praying today is the day Zuzu is found ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When was Zuzu's car moved? RF could have moved her car and asked CE to pick him up.

When was Zuzu's car moved? RF could have moved her car and asked CE to pick him up.

I have been wondering if LE got any fingerprints or DNA that did not belong to Zuzu. Maybe test results are not back yet.

APD has now been notified about the construction site. 😉

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified. *

*Graphic alert*
Random questions and thoughts, not in any particular order:
1. What if the sound of the bed moving was RF choking Zuzu? *sorry for morbidity* That keeps popping up in my mind. It takes several minutes to choke a person, or even choke them out (make them unconscious). I can picture him on top of her in some form, choking her and pressing her down into the mattress several times. Could that also be an explanation for, "Shut the f*ck up"? Then like any sociopath is capable of, he fell asleep for a while, or just laid or sat quietly. Then he has the realization of what he's done, or wakes up from his nap, or whatever, and decides he has to clean things up.
2. RF gets her into CE's Mustang. Perhaps she wasn't dead, but just unconscious. When she comes to, she vomits in the car. (That can happen after choking by force or accidentally, drowning, and fainting.) Hence whatever it was that CE was so adamant about getting cleaned out of his car.
3. What WAS cleaned up out of CE's Mustang? Vomit, blood, body fluids? Where are the items used to clean it up with, and where was the trash emptied, water dumped, rags and brushes used, etc? Who actually did the cleaning? What did they see?
4. When CE spouted off that he didn't do anything, etc., what was the context of the conversation? Did he say these things randomly without provocation? Or did someone ask where he'd been, and he answered with this? How did these things he said come about?
5. What was RF doing as far as daily activities between the time he and Zuzu had their movie night, and he reported her missing? Was he business as usual? School? Work? What?
6. When the downstairs neighbor heard the thump, and finally looked out, what did he see? "Oh, it's just Robert." OK, but what was "just Robert" doing? Was he walking down the stairs with a mattress? Putting a bundle of blankets into the backseat of a car? Walking casually through the yard? What was he doing exactly?

A local has just told me there is no recent construction going on in the area of the U-Construction Permit (that they could see). Others are welcome to check, though, in case my informant missed something ;)

I was thinking, even if the slab had not been poured yet, dug up ground in an area where they are preparing to build may not have attracted attention, but he would have to be sure they were not going to dig down deeper when building time came. A bathroom doesn't have a basement, only a slab, so would not require deep digging for the project. I wonder if there are signs advertising the bathroom project or the company building it?

*Graphic alert*
1. What if the sound of the bed moving was RF choking Zuzu? *sorry for morbidity* That keeps popping up in my mind. It takes several minutes to choke a person, or even choke them out (make them unconscious). I can picture him on top of her in some form, choking her and pressing her down into the mattress several times. Could that also be an explanation for, "Shut the f*ck up"? Then like any sociopath is capable of, he fell asleep for a while, or just laid or sat quietly. Then he has the realization of what he's done, or wakes up from his nap, or whatever, and decides he has to clean things up.
2. RF gets her into CE's Mustang. Perhaps she wasn't dead, but just unconscious. When she comes to, she vomits in the car. (That can happen after choking by force or accidentally, drowning, and fainting.) Hence whatever it was that CE was so adamant about getting cleaned out of his car.
3. What WAS cleaned up out of CE's Mustang? Vomit, blood, body fluids? Where are the items used to clean it up with, and where was the trash emptied, water dumped, rags and brushes used, etc? Who actually did the cleaning? What did they see?
3. When CE spouted off that he didn't do anything, etc., what was the context of the conversation? Did he say these things randomly without provocation? Or did someone ask where he'd been, and he answered with this? How did these things he said come about?
4. What was RF doing as far as daily activities between the time he and Zuzu had their movie night, and he reported her missing? Was he business as usual? School? Work? What?
5. When the downstairs neighbor heard the thump, and finally looked out, what did he see? "Oh, it's just Robert." OK, but what was "just Robert" doing? Was he walking down the stairs with a mattress? Putting a bundle of blankets into the backseat of a car? Walking casually through the yard? What was he doing exactly?

Good questions Queen, but you used 3 twice ;)

Answer to #3b is in the Search Warrant documents. His friend asked him if he was ok (because he was acting nervous) and he replied to her that he was fine because he didn't do anything and if they interviewed him he has nothing to say. So he may not have done anything as far as hurting Zuzu but he knew someone ELSE did something, IMO. He planned from that moment on to not talk and IMO if he doesn't start talking soon he could be added as a suspect instead of just a POI/witness.

Good questions Queen, but you used 3 twice ;)

Answer to #3b is in the Search Warrant documents. His friend asked him if he was ok (because he was acting nervous) and he replied to her that he was fine because he didn't do anything and if they interviewed him he has nothing to say. So he may not have done anything as far as hurting Zuzu but he knew someone ELSE did something, IMO. He planned from that moment on to not talk and IMO if he doesn't start talking soon he could be added as a suspect instead of just a POI/witness.
Ugh! Not enough coffee, yet. Even though it's 1236 here. I'll go fix that.

I guess that I'm wondering what the rest of the conversation was. "I haven't done anything" would prompt me to ask, "What the heck are you talking about?". My friend and I would definitely be having a very deep conversation if these phrases were said to me personally.

*Graphic alert*
3. When CE spouted off that he didn't do anything, etc., what was the context of the conversation? Did he say these things randomly without provocation? Or did someone ask where he'd been, and he answered with this? How did these things he said come about?
4. What was RF doing as far as daily activities between the time he and Zuzu had their movie night, and he reported her missing? Was he business as usual? School? Work? What?
5. When the downstairs neighbor heard the thump, and finally looked out, what did he see? "Oh, it's just Robert." OK, but what was "just Robert" doing? Was he walking down the stairs with a mattress? Putting a bundle of blankets into the backseat of a car? Walking casually through the yard? What was he doing exactly?

I have all the screen shots of CE conversation on FB at home on my computer if anyone needs them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998