1020 users online (151 members and 869 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    But you're always pleasant to members of the psychic community...

My name is Mullins, and I found WebSleuths while surfing the internet for information on cold cases occurring between 1975-1983. I am the sibling survivor of a homicide victim. My sister was abducted from her place of employment, raped, sexually battered and literally shot to pieces on Valentine's Day in 1982. Post conviction DNA testing linked her murderer (who has been on death row since 1985) to another murder on Valentine's Day 1981, a 17 year old whose body was found less than half a mile from my sister's. The murderer has not been charged with this additional crime yet. I believe my sister's murder was one in a long line of murders committed by the same individual. It is my hope to help solve other cold cases while helping grieving family members who have not located a murdered family member who may also have been a victim of my sister's murderer. I have found WebSlueths to be so helpful in generating ideas in related cold cases, a reference to other helpful websites, and a place to feel "at home" among other like-minded human beings. Every moment I spend on the cold case forum is time that I feel in my heart is well spent. Thanks to everyone for participating in a great forum, and thanks for letting me be a part of it.
    Last edited by Jeana (DP); 01-09-2006 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mullins
    My name is Mullins, and I found WebSleuths while surfing the internet for information on cold cases occurring between 1975-1983. I am the sibling survivor of a homocide victim. My sister was abducted from her place of employment, raped, sexually battered and literally shot to pieces on Valentine's Day in 1982.
    May I ask in what state did this happen?

My name is mj and I have been comming to Websleuths about 6 months now. I guess my
    sleuthing abilities are not so keen latley because I didn't even see this thread until today, lol. Cold Case forum is where I spend the most time . I found this site when researching the Sharon Davis case. I work in a library. I love doing research and am blessed to have a job I love. Aside from my intrest in missing people and cold cases I have several other hobbies. I collect clothing buttons and love to read.

mjak

I wanted to take the opportunity to wish a very, very Merry Christmas and the happiest of holiday wishes to all my Cold Case friends and family.

I hope Santa is good to all of you!

yes santa was good to me but it was only short lived heading into work at this early am to deal with all the retail day after hell. returns and such

Hi

I am lindsay, im from the UK and i am completly new, i haven't posted as yet, but have an interest in cold cases and missing, one of my friends was murdered in the early 1990's and that is what sparked off my interest in unsolved crimes and missing people.

Hi, my name is Karene (pronounced Kar-een), I live in Northern CA halfway between Sacramento and San Francisco. I work at everybody's favorite place to visit...DMV I work in HQ's though, so I don't get the pleasure of meeting all of our customers personally. I am divorced, and now in a wonderful relationship, I have no kids or pets but I have 9 nieces/nephews and 5 "step"children-to-be. I hate the word "step" when referring to a family member.

I stumbled onto WS when researching the Jonbenet Ramsey case and have been hooked ever since. I love to read true crime books (Ann Rule & now Matt Birkbeck), and I have a newfound passion for helping reunite people with lost/adopted family members. So far I'm 4 for 4!!!

Thanx to all you veteran sleuthers for making us feel welcome. And to the members that have personally experienced something that brings you here, my heart goes out to you-we are all here to help.

Shelsearay, I can tell you are going to keep us all laughing. I can relate to the email thing, except I sent a text msg when both parties were in the room with me. I was trying to tell "E" that "T" seemed to have forgotten his deodorant, but I sent it to "T" instead!!! I dunno who was more embarrassed, me or "T".

Ready, set...Sleuth!!

Hi there. I am 30 years old and single mum to 2 great kids. I work full time as a Teachers Assistant with 5 and 6 year olds ata primary school in England. I have always been interested in true crime cases and feel real empathy with the child missing/murder cases, I think as a result of having my own children. I always look for new information on the Memphis 3, JonBenet Ramsey and Peggy Irene Chappell. Alas on the latter there never seems to be anything!

I have 3 cats, enjoy reading crime and biographies, going to the cinema and spending time with my family. Look forward to speaking with you all soon!

Quote Originally Posted by missacorah
    Peggy Irene Chappell. Alas on the latter there never seems to be anything!
    Welcome to Websleuths Missa

I searched to see if any threads or post were here on WS about
    Peggy Irene Chappell and couldn't find anything. I also did a search on the web... I found several links with information... some that just made me want to scream! It is a sad and interesting case. Why don't you start a Thread and title it Peggy Irene Chappell. That will help get some attention on the case and when people do a search hopefully it will come up.

I will help you research and post what I come up with.
    Glad you're here

Hi there. I am 30 years old and single mum to 2 great kids. I work full time as a Teachers Assistant with 5 and 6 year olds ata primary school in England. I have always been interested in true crime cases and feel real empathy with the child missing/murder cases, I think as a result of having my own children. I always look for new information on the Memphis 3, JonBenet Ramsey and Peggy Irene Chappell. Alas on the latter there never seems to be anything!

I have 3 cats, enjoy reading crime and biographies, going to the cinema and spending time with my family. Look forward to speaking with you all soon!
    Any relation to Derek?

Thanks Yaya, good idea. Will do that tomorrow. Like you said too, it is so sad to read nothing about ther but that same webpage. How could a mother be that heartless?

Hi Shadowangel. sadly I am no relation to the man himself! LOL. I presume you are from the UK since you have heard of him?

Hi Shadowangel. sadly I am no relation to the man himself! LOL. I presume you are from the UK since you have heard of him?
    Nope, just a fan of "Most Haunted", which appears here courtesy of The Travel Channel. I also understand he's getting his own show (New Life Network/Channel)?.

My name is Kat, and my hometown is Rockville, Maryland...(Where the sniper shootings happened)...I work as a graphic designer and have always been intrigued by true crime...About five years ago, I was searching for a purpose in my empty life, and I came across the DoeNetwork...I took over for the state of Maryland, and while searching for new cases to put on the site I ran across something very disturbing that has driven me ever since...

I recognized this unidentified girl http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/237ufmd.html as someone I saw around Frederick, Maryland (yes the police in Maryland all know this) in and I've been determined to find out who she is ever since...I never knew who she was, just saw her hanging around Market and 7th Street, which was a popular hangout back in the days...

Anyhow, that's my story...

Shadowlands, yes Derek is getting his own show called 'derek Acorahs Ghost Towns and it is based on 1 city each time where he does an in depth ghost search for that place.

I dont know what other channels you can get there but Channel 4 in England starting tomorrow has a Celebrity Big Brother show and it is rumoured that he is going to appear on that which will be interesting (and spooky) for the people in the house with him! I know this is off topic but thought I would quickly mention it while we were on the subject incase anyone else is a fan!

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast