Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    My name is Doug French and I am assisting the family of Anna Christian Waters in their search for her. I met the family about a year after Anna disappeared when I became friends with her two brothers in high school.

I first came to WS after following links concerning Sharon Marshall, who I felt at the time may have been Anna (they are not the same person). The Marshall case is one of the most horrific, but fascinating, things that I have ever seen.

I am aways amazed at the level of courtesy and dedication that I have witnessed here at WS.com - we are all "fighting the good fight".

How do you do it?

I'm new to this web site. A friend told me about y'all. I'm here in Texas and have a murder that is almost 12 years old. My 23 month old grandson and his grandmother were murdered in March 1994. We are sure we know who did it but cannot get anyone to agree with us. You see the one who did it knew how to hide clues. Back in 1994 there weren't the things there are today. How do you get someone to help???? Texas Rangers tried and gave up......

Quote Originally Posted by Biggar112
    I'm new to this web site. A friend told me about y'all. I'm here in Texas and have a murder that is almost 12 years old. My 23 month old grandson and his grandmother were murdered in March 1994. We are sure we know who did it but cannot get anyone to agree with us. You see the one who did it knew how to hide clues. Back in 1994 there weren't the things there are today. How do you get someone to help???? Texas Rangers tried and gave up......

Start a thread here in the cold case forum and give us the information please.

My name is Mary Green I live in Western Colorado. I was born and raised in the San Francisco Bay area in California. I am here because Anna Christian Waters is a case I have known of all of my life. I am near her age (39) and looked just like her at the time. She probably looks just like me today which is good lookin'.
    I firmly believe she is alive.
    I have always been particularly interested in kidnappings because so many happened in California in my youth. Anna, Steven Staynor, etc. Also because that was my number one fear as a child. Cold cases p*** me off because somewhere a total narcissistic coward knows what they did and could care less of the heartache the victims' family must go through.

I will happily help try to figure out in ANY cold case, as I cannot imagine the pain one must live with day after day. Take heart, we now have DNA, cameras and THE INTERNET!
    Cheers,
    Mary

5. The Following User Says Thank You to viking For This Useful Post:

Like a number of you, I started out looking for a local case: Mary Ann Verdecchia, disappeared from Pittsburgh in 1962. I was nearly the same age as Mary Ann when she disappeared (at age 11) so that will tell you I am 54. I am doing early research for a novel that grows out of my interest in that case. (Just one of the many millions who have author fantasies...) While I can't fully account for why this case bloomed into a general interest in the missing and the lost, I have always suspected that as a kid it was a great and terrible shock to think that someone like me could disappear and never be found. That also probably accounts for why St. Anthony is my favorite saint.

I am married--no biological kids but a wonderful stepson (and a 20 year-old cat). I teach college kids "composition" (AKA reading and writing) and advise the men's basketball team at my school. And I am still sky high about the Steelers winning the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggar112
    I am so sorry about your grandson, and was it your wife? Please let us try to help you. If you need help on how to post you can contact me or anyone here you feel comfortable with.

Hello everyone!! My name is Tracy, and I live in Independence, MO. I am Married with Children ....ages 15, 11, and, 6. I found this site by accident while following a link about the Denman case. After reading that thread, I then found the Sodder case and was up all night - took a nap - then started again till I finished it, and WOW!!!
    I watch and have seen almost every CSI, and Law & Order(CI, & SVU). I can't watch Court TV anymore cause I've seen almost every episode of almost every show on it!! I read true crime novels, and also have an extensive "favorite authors" list. (I LOVE TO READ!!)
    I believe my interest in this world started when I was 15. I had a very close friend die, along with an acquaintance, in a terrible way. The actions of the acqaintance's brother at my friends funeral started the teenage rumor mill going, and it wasn't till years later that I was able to accept that it most likely was an accident. However, I know that somewhere inside me I still have my doubts.
    Her death changed my life - forever - and I still think about her all the time.
    I am interested in all the Independence cases, (Denman, Allegro, Shipp, and the Porter kids)however I have read almost all of the cold case threads. I am absolutely hooked! I love this site!!

Quote Originally Posted by Traybone74
    Hello everyone!! My name is Tracy, and I live in Independence, MO. I am Married with Children ....ages 15, 11, and, 6. I found this site by accident while following a link about the Denman case. After reading that thread, I then found the Sodder case and was up all night - took a nap - then started again till I finished it, and WOW!!!
    I watch and have seen almost every CSI, and Law & Order(CI, & SVU). I can't watch Court TV anymore cause I've seen almost every episode of almost every show on it!! I read true crime novels, and also have an extensive "favorite authors" list. (I LOVE TO READ!!)
    I believe my interest in this world started when I was 15. I had a very close friend die, along with an acquaintance, in a terrible way. The actions of the acqaintance's brother at my friends funeral started the teenage rumor mill going, and it wasn't till years later that I was able to accept that it most likely was an accident. However, I know that somewhere inside me I still have my doubts.
    Her death changed my life - forever - and I still think about her all the time.
    I am interested in all the Independence cases, (Denman, Allegro, Shipp, and the Porter kids)however I have read almost all of the cold case threads. I am absolutely hooked! I love this site!!
    Check out the Sharon Kinne story posted on the Sharon Marshall forum. She was from Independance, MO. Very interesting mystery.

Thanks Hollow!!!!

Hello!

I go by Medusa on crime boards. I have been around here several years, it took a while to register and then took me a while to post. Many times it seems like my own opinions are shared by others and I just don't post. I am trying to post more.

I live in Belleville, IL (near St Louis) which is the home of several recent cases in the news. And I see there are others on here from the area. Maybe sometime we can get together for a Websleuths lunch or coffee???

I am a SAHM and homeschooler. I have been interested in TC since I was a child and would read true crime mags at my great aunts. (Something in common with another poster, LOL) and got hooked. I don't even remember how I discovered WS's - I was either searching for something or saw a reference on another board. Although I have to say, I love WS the best.

Besides TC my hobbies are gardening, cooking, and reading.

Hi Everyone - I've been lurking on here for quite a while and finally registered last September. I've posted a little but not much. But I love coming here every day and reading the posts. I live in Ohio and work at home as a medical transcriptionist. I'm single and have a roommate. Also a dog named Molly. I have long been interested in crime, especially missing persons and really cold cases. Some of the cases I follow-up on a lot and love to read about are the Evelyn Hartley case, The 3 Girls who disappeared from the Indiana Dunes State Park in 1966, Mary Shotwell Little who disappeared from Atlanta in 1965, Ronald Tammen who disappeared from Miami University of Ohio in 1953, The Lyons Sisters, Boulder Jane Doe, the 3 Missing Women from Springfield, Missouri who disappeared in 1992 and many others. Another one I am very interested in is the case of the Mystery Couple who were found murdered in Sumter, South Carolina in August of 1976. I look forward to posting and also reading more about all the fascinating cases on here!

Hi my real name is Alana and I am from Canada- I am employed (I won't say where) and I go to school everyday. I am an early bird- sometimes getting up at 6:00-6:15 in the morning and doing what I have to do (even though school is just 5 minutes away!!)

I'm probably known most for my Grays Harbor John Doe thread- which I am proud to have started!

An update from me: I still am looking for missing persons who might be "Robert Doe" [Grays Harbor John Doe] and I have still looked for missing persons through The Charley Project, The North American Missing Persons Network (NAMPN) and The National Centre For Missing Adults (NCMA)- but have come up a bit empty...

Keep you posted about my search!

I just recently found & joined websleuths when I was surfing for updated info on Randall Woodfield having just reread I-5 Killer (old version without updates). I've just begun wading through some of the topics and thoroughly enjoy the site! I've loved True Crime since I sat up one night reading Helter Skelter (and didn't sleep well for several after!)

I live in NC and work with animals and love them (too much according to my husband who thinks 2 dogs, 4 cats, 3 birds, 1 rabbit & hamster are too many). I don't know that I'll post much unless I have a question, but thanks for letting me join and read! GO PANTHERS!!!

My unsolved case

Hi everyone,

I live in Northeast Texas and am trying to find out some of the facts about the 1984 unsolved murder of Robert William Hope. He was originally from my hometown and I've always wondered what happened to him. He was murdered down in Houston, in the Kingwood/Porter area. He was shot in the head execution-style (from what I've been told) on November 5, 1984 but his body was not discovered until three days later, November 8, 1984. I've tried to get newspaper articles from the Houston Chronicle, but they only have issues going back to 1985. I've called the Kingwood Library, but they doubt they have anything. I live 200 miles away and have no idea how to go about finding the facts of his case. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!!

Kathy

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Malapoo
    I just recently found & joined websleuths when I was surfing for updated info on Randall Woodfield having just reread I-5 Killer (old version without updates). I've just begun wading through some of the topics and thoroughly enjoy the site! I've loved True Crime since I sat up one night reading Helter Skelter (and didn't sleep well for several after!)

I live in NC and work with animals and love them (too much according to my husband who thinks 2 dogs, 4 cats, 3 birds, 1 rabbit & hamster are too many). I don't know that I'll post much unless I have a question, but thanks for letting me join and read! GO PANTHERS!!!
    Welcome to the forum!!

This is best place to talk about missing persons, UID's, unsolved crimes and there's lots to share here!

Hopefully you will have a great time here!

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast