GUILTY MI - Officer Myron Jarrett, 40, killed in hit & run, Detroit, 28 Oct 2016

Indy Anna

Reaction score

Detroit Police Officer Myron Jarrett was standing on the street, next to a patrol car, trying to get some information from two other officers who were investigating an accident Friday night. That’s when an engine revved.

A van, speeding toward them, plowed into the patrol car, flinging Jarrett 30 feet. The van then slammed into a second police car and finally, into a civilian vehicle.

Jarrett, suffering multiple injuries, died. Another officer was slightly injured.

[...]

Steven Guzina was arrested and remains in police custody in connection with the incident, police said. He has not been charged.

Read more at .... http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...t-police-officers-hit-and-run-death/92944344/

:tears: Thank you for your service, Officer Jarrett. :rose: Condolences to his family and colleagues.

It is really hard to believe this was not intentional if others at the scene heard the man rev his engine up just before hitting Myron. I hope they get to the bottom of this soon!

It is really hard to believe this was not intentional if others at the scene heard the man rev his engine up just before hitting Myron. I hope they get to the bottom of this soon!
I thought the same thing.

Poor man just doing his job... :confused:

Prayers to his family and friends...and prayers for justice.

Three more deaths, two due to some nincompoop out driving around drunk. The govt wants to outlaw smoking, but its OK for people to drink like fish, as long as they don't hurt anybody...

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc.../detroit-officer-killed-sentencing/567829001/

A man has been sentenced to 16 to 20 years in prison for second-degree murder in the fatal hit-and-run of a Detroit police officer.

Fifty-five-year-old Steve Guzina of Lincoln Park also received 10-15-year sentences on each of two other charges: operating under the influence causing death and not stopping at the scene of an accident. The sentences will run concurrently.

Guzina pleaded guilty last month...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back