768 users online (145 members and 623 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Now Kilgore is asking about the Harrises' search for a house in Cobb County.

I didn't really think we were ready to buy a house. We didn't have a downpayment. We had purchased a home in the past and had to move after five years, and it was kind of a dicey situation ... with the market the way it was. ... I felt like we needed more income, a little more in savings. ... Let's take a little time, let's not jump in and buy a house until we're ready.

We wanted to make sure if we bought a house it would be something that would be big enough in the future. Cooper was our only child, but we were planning to have more children.

Very interesting.

Ross said Cooper was big for his age.

Leanna says he was small for his age. To the extent she addressed it with his paediatrician.

Can you talk to us just a little bit about your knowledge of deaths in cars? ... Did you ever do any research into that subject?

I didn't.

Did you ever tell police that you had done research into deaths in cars?

I didn't.

Taylor says she did research into car seat, most recently to see whether Cooper was too big for his rear-facing seat.

... I was the one doing research on that. I watched video after video of car seat reviews and why this one was good. The one we ended up getting was one that was either rear-facing or forward-facing. ... You could use it until he was 4 or 5 years old. It was a very intentional purpose.

I want to talk to you specifically about (the seat in which Cooper died). What was yuour understanding about how long he should stay in his rear-facing car seat.

That was something our pediatrician always asked us. ... He told us to keep him in a rear-facing seat until 2 years of age.

And he would have been 2 years of age in August (of 2014).

Yes.

--

Leanna says Cooper was still well under the weight limit for their rear-facing car seat.
    Last edited by JerseyGirl; 10-31-2016 at 12:06 PM.

Court recesses for lunch until 1 p.m.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    Kilgore asks Taylor how readily her son would fall asleep. Ross Harris has said his son must've fallen asleep as he was driving away from the Chick-fil-A that morning.

Taylor says Cooper went to sleep easily.

If Cooper was ready to go to sleep, he was going to sleep. ... He was so used to traveling that (he could easily) fall asleep in his car seat. ... It wouldn't be unusual, for example, for him to fall asleep in his car seat just on the way home from church.

___

how about a 30 second drive from CFA to LAA??
    Again. The timeframe in which Cooper could have fallen asleep on the 18th was not 30 seconds.

They exited CFA at 9:18. Cooper was not walking, he was being held by RH (no evidence there of a sugar hyper child).

Ross pulled into the Treehouse drive about 9:25.

He bluetoothed, probably at a red light at the intersection, at 9:24.

It took no longer than 30 odd seconds from the Uturn to intersection.

That leaves over 5 minutes for Cooper to have fallen asleep before Ross reached the Uturn, where he needed to get into a left turn lane. Not 30 seconds.
    Last edited by Hope4More; 10-31-2016 at 12:34 PM.
    RIP, Cassini. To her tireless overseers- job well done.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotAng View Post
    Very interesting.

Leanna says he was small for his age. To the extent she addressed it with his paediatrician.
    Ross didn't even remember the pediatricians bame though. I am the one who as always taken my kids to the doctor. My husband would know the name of the practice but potentially not the doctor we see now since I have changed with in the same practice. That wasn't a shock to me. The medical records would have shown his height and weight so.

Very interesting.

In that interview with Stoddard, RH said he was "little dude for his age"

1:28:00 mark
    Last edited by arkansasmimi; 10-31-2016 at 01:05 PM.

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Very interesting.

https://www.cdc.gov/growthcharts/dat...l/cj41l021.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
    Again. The timeframe in which Cooper could have fallen asleep on the 18th was not 30 seconds.

They exited CFA at 9:18. Cooper was not walking, he was being held by RH (no evidence there of a sugar hyper child).

Ross pulled into the Treehouse drive about 9:25.

He bluetoothed, probably at a red light at the intersection, at 9:24.

It took no longer than 30 odd seconds from the Uturn to intersection.

That leaves over 5 minutes for Cooper to have fallen asleep before Ross reached the Uturn, where he needed to get into a left turn lane, not 30 seconds.
    Hasn't it been said that you have to decide if you're going to u-turn before you leave the parking lot?

Leanna says leaving their son in a hot car was "a fear." She said she'd seen PSAs and seen it on the news and it was a "irrational fear." "I didn't have a reason to fear this. Nothing had ever happened to make me fear this," she said. She said she told that to detectives.

___

but they did nothing to prevent it. SMH
    I raised two babies in southwest Florida and I'll be honest, this never ever entered my brain. It's odd to me it was their biggest fear.

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Leanna looking at pictures of Cooper in the carseat that her mother took.

She's not crying at all, no emotion.
    Leanna actually choked up when she looked at a photo of Cooper shown to her by attorney

Quote Originally Posted by jdj125 View Post
    I raised two babies in southwest Florida and I'll be honest, this never ever entered my brain. It's odd to me it was their biggest fear.
    Please, someone, point me to wherever it was said that this was Leanna's BIGGEST fear? Other than in the original SW's even LE acknowledges weren't ....entirely accurate?

She said it was A fear, not her biggest fear. It would have been A fear of mine if I had raised my baby in the South, where hot car deaths are most common.

As the advocacy groups for preventing hot car deaths say, parental complacency that this could never happen to them is one of the reasons it does.
    Last edited by Hope4More; 10-31-2016 at 12:39 PM.
    RIP, Cassini. To her tireless overseers- job well done.

The picture of him in the carseat was from April.

Quote Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
    Leanna actually choked up when she looked at a photo of Cooper shown to her by attorney
    Really? She actually chuckled to something Kilgore said during her testimony regarding the pictures of Cooper in the carseat that her mother took.

Quote Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
    Please, someone, point me to wherever it was said that this was Leanna's BIGGEST fear? Other than in the original SW's even LE acknowledges weren't ....entirely accurate?

She said it was A fear, not her biggest fear. It would have been A fear of mine if I had raised my baby in the South, where hot car deaths are most common.

As the advocacy groups for preventing hot car desths say, parental complacency that this could never ever happen to them is one of the reasons it does.
    Well, I'm no brain surgeon but I had a cheap plastic mirror across from kids that could see the reflection of them in my own rear view mirror. So I could always keep an eye on them...because I Always wanted to be safe and see my babies. If it was a fear on any level why not spend the $5? Takes that worry off the plate IMO

Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast