WI - Sean Kobin for making woman drink drain cleaner, Milwaukee, 2005

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
A 33-year-old Grafton woman was fighting for her life Thursday night after she drank concentrated drain cleaner given to her by a man who then videotaped her violent vomiting for his sexual gratification, Milwaukee police said.

With just two gulps, the caustic solution seared a path from the woman's lips down to her stomach, burning holes along the way and then likely scorched her again as she vomited the poison.

The woman, who was not identified, was at St. Michael Hospital, according to one of the victim's co-workers. Police said she might die.

Detectives are studying a videotape that shows the woman drinking the solution and then throwing up. Police said the tape shows at least three other women drinking solutions and becoming ill.

On Tuesday, police arrested Sean A. Kobin, 20, of Mequon, near the former Northridge Mall on suspicion of first-degree recklessly endangering safety, according to arrest records.

A registered sex offender in Wisconsin, Kobin was convicted last year of exposing a 13-year-old girl to harmful materials by urging her, in a series of phone calls and computer messages, to drink bleach, lighter fluid and urine to arose him sexually, according to a Waukesha County criminal complaint.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/metro/nov05/369718.asp

If he was convicted of the same thing last year, then what the H is he doing out of prison? And what adult female would drink these things? The world is getting real weird, people!

STATE OF WISCONSIN,
PLAINTIFF-RESPONDENT,

V.

SEAN A. KOBIN,

DEFENDANT-APPELLANT.

APPEAL from a judgment and an order of the circuit court for Milwaukee County: WILLIAM SOSNAY, Judge. Affirmed.

Before Curley, P.J., Fine and Kessler, JJ.

¶1 PER CURIAM. A jury found Sean A. Kobin guilty of first-degree reckless injury. See WIS. STAT. § 940.23(1) (2005-06).(1) The court imposed a twenty-five year term of imprisonment, comprised of fifteen years of initial confinement and ten years of extended supervision. Kobin filed a postconviction motion in which he contended that: (1) the jury was incorrectly instructed on the meaning of "utter disregard for human life," one of the elements of first-degree reckless injury; and (2) the evidence was insufficient to support the guilty verdict. The circuit court denied Kobin's motion. On appeal, he renews his postconviction arguments. Because neither of Kobin's arguments are persuasive, we affirm.

BBM. Appeal at link:
http://www.wisbar.org/res/capp/2009/2008ap002885.htm

The above was the closest I could get to sentencing information as Wisconsin does not have an inmate locator. He is housed at the Columbia Correctional Institution.

As point of interest (or not): I think drain cleaner was used to kill in Serpico. No, wait, not Serpico.... Whatever movie from back then that was based on the Zodiac, of SF infamy. It had a zodiac sign as its name, maybe.

So, the other connection I know of, is to the so-called Hi-Fi Murders in the Pacific NW many years ago. There is an unusual true crime book, called "Victim", and told from the viewpoint of one of the victims that lived. It is hard to read, but worth it. The perp in that case made a family drink Drano, among other things he did to them. Man.

He was arrested on the charge of "first-degree recklessly endangering safety" ?

Whatever happened to ATTEMPTED MURDER ??? What's the matter with the prosecutors there? Also, what was he doing out of jail if he was sentenced last year to 25 years in prison? Ridiculous.

:furious:

I believe he got 15 years confinement with an additional 10 years of probation. As far as I can tell, he has been confined since sentencing and the appeal was done from prison. I assume they did not charge him with attempted murder because they could not prove intent to kill her, only to harm her. That's my take on it anyway.

I believe he got 15 years confinement with an additional 10 years of probation. As far as I can tell, he has been confined since sentencing and the appeal was done from prison. I assume they did not charge him with attempted murder because they could not prove intent to kill her, only to harm her. That's my take on it anyway.

Silly me, I didn't notice that the crime occurred in 2005. I have to slow down before I post!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back