AR AR - Joseph Cripps, Little Rock, 19 Oct 2016

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
cripps1_1478009037510_6687835_ver1.0.jpg

Joseph Cripps was reported missing by his family, and according to his brother, the last time that anyone made contact with him was around October 19 or 20.

http://www.thv11.com/news/local/lr-police-searching-for-missing-man/345681466

I know Joe. He is a personal friend, I've known for 16 years. I'm very worried about him. He is not a quiet guy. He would not worry his family.

I will gather some links and I have some screenshots. But, it's not looking good. Basically, he has been sober for a while and called his boss, he'd been working as a plumber, and told him he fell off the wagon. He had some very strange posts on Facebook, where he made no sense on the 19th. Apparently, he was last seen at a local bar, whitewater tavern, where he was refused service for being too inebriated and asked for a cab. His car was in the shop, so he didn't drive off. He left his blood pressure meds at home. He last posted a nonsensical reply on 10/20 on Facebook. His phone has turned off.

Here's a copy and paste of a post on Facebook. Trying to think of ideas.

Thinking about the search for Joe Cripps

Has anyone talked to local liquor stores? He may have been spotted there if he was on a bender?

Is it known where his cell phone last pinged before it went off?

There is a post from his Facebook on 10/20 (a reply that was nonsensical) is there any way to get geography info from that?

Has anyone talked to the homeless/street community? They see a lot but aren't privy to Facebook campaigns for the missing. He talked to everyone. They could know something.

He posted on his Facebook about being under a house I think on 10/19. Has anyone checked under a house he may have been working on? I know this sounds like a stupid question but his last post seems to say he was working.

Sobriety is not easy to hold onto. I am praying for your friend.

I'm praying too. I've been sober 12 years and I know how hard it can be. Hopefully he slipped up and is maybe laying low somewhere because he's embarrassed? I know the clues don't indicate that but I'm hoping.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe he checked himself into Rehab? Also, is his car still in the shop? Does he have a cell phone?

Bumping. Maybe his friend will come back and update.

His cell phone has been off since around the time he went missing. He didn't take anything with him, including his blood pressure medication.

He did have his wallet and he did have cash, as he had just gotten paid. I honestly don't even know if Joe had a bank account. No one has mentioned it. So, these things are with him.

Joe talked to EVERYONE like I mean everyone. He took care of a legendary missippi blue legend, Cedell Davis, until he passed away. He's a kind and loving man, but he was not without his demons.

I worry about foul play because he was drunk and had cash. I worry about a medical emergency involving his blood pressure or due to alcohol poisoning. I worry about a fall. I also worry about suicide as he had posted about a suicide walk on the 17th. And, like I said, he had his demons. There is a river that is a 5 minute drive from the tavern. So, a 15 or 20 minute walk? That worries me.

He did have his wallet and he did have cash, as he had just gotten paid. I honestly don't even know if Joe had a bank account. No one has mentioned it. So, these things are with him.

Joe talked to EVERYONE like I mean everyone. He took care of a legendary missippi blue legend, Cedell Davis, until he passed away. He's a kind and loving man, but he was not without his demons.

I worry about foul play because he was drunk and had cash. I worry about a medical emergency involving his blood pressure or due to alcohol poisoning. I worry about a fall. I also worry about suicide as he had posted about a suicide walk on the 17th. And, like I said, he had his demons. There is a river that is a 5 minute drive from the tavern. So, a 15 or 20 minute walk? That worries me.
I understand your fears and share them with you. Falling off the wagon and suicide worries me. DH attempted after slipping. Thankfully he is still with us and sober....but it's do hard on everyone when they see it as a failure. I'm keeping Joe in my prayers.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back