UNSOLVED NY - Crown Heights, Brooklyn, Newborn Fml, in trash bag w/towel, 8 Nov '93

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
2976-16-71-sqd-homicide-11-08-93-photo.jpg

The NYPD said a newborn was discovered inside a trash bag with a dish towel around her neck on Nov. 8, 1993, in the courtyard of 346 Montgomery St. in the Crown Heights section of the borough.

The sketch provided by police shows the baby and a towel matching the one found more than two decades ago.
http://pix11.com/2016/10/19/nypd-re...case-killing-of-baby-girl-found-in-trash-bag/

so sad. I always feel like the newborn ones wont be solved. the mother likely hid the pregnancy.

so sad. I always feel like the newborn ones wont be solved. the mother likely hid the pregnancy.

Crown Heights? Amazing to think someone could hide a pregnancy in a tightly knit faith community!

I hesitated to post this case just because it seems like if the mother hid the pregnancy that she would never come forward. But then I thought the mother may have been a victim herself and forced to hide it and her baby taken from her and killed by her abuser to hide what was going on. Maybe someday she will be free to speak up for her child that was taken from her or she may be found in the same condition as this precious infant and a match made. This precious baby may not have even been given a name but someone knows who did this to her.

I hesitated to post this case just because it seems like if the mother hid the pregnancy that she would never come forward. But then I thought the mother may have been a victim herself and forced to hide it and her baby taken from her and killed by her abuser to hide what was going on. Maybe someday she will be free to speak up for her child that was taken from her or she may be found in the same condition as this precious infant and a match made. This precious baby may not have even been given a name but someone knows who did this to her.

:) I thought the same about her mom being a victim. I find it odd that she was found with a towel around her neck. :( That gives me the impression she was strangled which makes me suspect she was killed by an angry man or teen. Are you aware of any stats or theories regarding the manners of deaths of newborns by men vs. women?

She's such a sweet little one. Maybe we can call her Baby Justice Doe. She's certainly been waiting long enough for her killer to be brought to justice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back