819 users online (124 members and 695 guests)  

Websleuths News

‘Wow, that was fun.’” fireman says

To those who know him, Eric Knoss has to be one of the luckiest firefighters around.

A huge explosion at a vacant furniture factory in Aspers early Friday sent Knoss flying 30 feet through the air and into a clump of trees.

As chunks of cider block rained down, Aspers Fire Co. Assistant Chief Lewis Alexander was sure Knoss had been killed or seriously injured.

“I sent two of my firefighters, who are EMTs, to check on him,” Alexander said in a phone interview Friday night.

“They found him down there laughing ... perfectly fine,” Alexander said. “He was one very lucky man. He just said, ‘Wow, that was fun.’”
    http://www.cumberlink.com/articles/2...ews/news02.txt
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

For some reason his comment just tickled me. I suppose since he was uninjured it was a heck of a ride. LOL

So glad he is alive to be laughing. Wonder how he felt when reality set in a while later.

I had the privelege of volunteering with a couple of groups of firemen. Two great bunches of people, but some of them were real adrenalin addicts (there is always one or two in every group of firemen). Some of the bravest people I have ever met, yet usually very modest about what they do. But most have this kind of humor. Many times the situations leave them with only two choices- they can either laugh or cry about what they see, and if they cry they might not find a way to continue on. So they find a way to laugh.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight